Aldeer.com

My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea)

Posted By: 3FFarms

My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 05:24 PM

I really enjoyed kanebreak's picture post so thought I'd recap as well. We started by putting our dove field and summer plots in on June 6. The water finally allowed us to get them in the ground in early summer.

Unfortunately the hogs got our beans (all 15 acres) before they had a chance to get going. The dove field jumped with timely rains and matured perfectly by mid August.

Sunrise signaling the arrival of another hunting season on the dove opener.

September quickly gave way to October and I was looking forward to targeting a few mature bucks we had on camera.

Opening weekend of bow season saw me blow a perfectly broadside shot on this guy at 38 yards. I made a terrible shot and hit him in the upper leg. While I hope it wasn't fatal, and seriously doubt it was, I never caught him on cam again.

I tried putting that behind me and started taking my boys as soon as youth season began. My oldest was rewarded the day after Thanksgiving with a nice 3.5 year old, 190lb buck.

Re: Year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 05:25 PM

We took a break until Christmas/New Years and hit them hard again. My youngest son managed to take down his first deer, a beautiful 3.5 year old, 9 point.

As always, we wrapped the season up with our annual guys trip. A couple of hogs, a freezer filling doe and my first goose kill. I wrapped my season up by watching this 3.5 year old 8 point as the sun set on the next to last afternoon. Already looking forward to off season planning, planting and getting ready for 2015-2016 season!

Our very own Southwood7 with a nice football sized hog and a great headshot at 125 yards.

My first goose that took 4 (yes 4) shots to conquer.

Until next year my friend...

Posted By: Ben2

Re: Year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 05:32 PM

Cool post
Posted By: sj22

Re: Year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 05:34 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Reaper

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 05:35 PM

thumbup
Posted By: top cat

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 05:36 PM

thumbup
Posted By: 270koc

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 06:04 PM

Nice work
Posted By: booner270

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 06:15 PM

I enjoyed your review! congrats on a great season. Love to see those kids getting envolved young.
Posted By: Hammerdown

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 06:38 PM

thumbup
Posted By: lukeparker22

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 06:46 PM

I like it!
Posted By: Bankhead3471

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 06:56 PM

That's neat. That 8 pt better pack his bags or he's in trouble next year.
Posted By: HOWTON21

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 07:54 PM

Nice pics and congrats on a great season.
Posted By: kanebreak

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 08:16 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 08:37 PM

3f I enjoyed our trip as always. It is the highlight of my hunting season and was no different this year. The hunting is second to the fellowship! 3f and his dad put in year round work and countless hours improving their property and it is a joy to be able to help when I can and enjoy the property a couple times a year. I look forward to getting over there this summer and getting some work done.
Posted By: BD

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 09:17 PM

Nice
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/01/15 09:48 PM

Great story, nice pictures.

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/02/15 08:19 AM

Thanks guys! I enjoyed putting the pics and stories together. It's truly a 365 day hobby of mine and the kills really pale in comparison to the many other memories that are made throughout the year.

Southwood, you are right. The hunting is secondary to the fellowship. I don't believe it should be legal to laugh that much, or that hard for 3 straight days. thumbup
Posted By: JohnGibby

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/02/15 08:39 AM

Very nice. Love the pics of the boys.
Posted By: CNC

Re: My year in review (copied kanebreak's idea) - 02/02/15 09:00 AM

thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM