Aldeer.com

Wife says I can't mount him- UPDATE w/more pictures

Posted By: CaptGator

Wife says I can't mount him- UPDATE w/more pictures - 02/01/15 01:04 PM

[img:center][/img]
She says I love them dadgum deer to much. However, she said if I could find a good taxidermist, he could mount it for me.

I shot this fellow about 4:50 pm yesterday while sitting in a shooting house with my precious wife looking out over the food plot and clear-cut. I do need to give her some of the credit though. All I did was pull the trigger on him at about 175 yards. She is the one that actually called , grunted, him in. This was her first time for calling in a buck and I didn't even have to give her any instructions. I had never seen or heard a calling sequence like what she used before but it worked. She bundled up, got really comfortable and leaned back in the big office chair I have in there for her, closed her eyes really tight, and began calling rather aggressively without using any marketed calling device. I first noticed a spike walking in the cut-off and then another basket rack. This guy walked out of the wood line and headed to the smaller bucks. My wife was so consumed with calling in these bucks that she never knew I had raised my rifle. When I shot she was so startled that you would've thought see was grunting in the bucks in her sleep.

Seriously though, I have hunted for 40 years and never had one mounted. I've spent most of my life hunting the Eglin AFB Reservation in NW Florida and have killed over a hundred deer just nothing I wanted to put on the wall. Now that I'm getting older I would like to leave something for my boys to look at and say "My Dad got that one there"

Anyone have any suggestions for a taxidermist near Meridian, Philadelphia, Jackson Ms?

As if yesterday couldn't get any better, it did. My daughter in law got her first deer ever while hunting on the same 40 acres. That story will be posted soon.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:11 PM

congrats, nice deer
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:11 PM

Awesome deer, congrats!!
Posted By: bill

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:15 PM

Awesome! Congrats!
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:16 PM

I don't know about the taxidermist in Ms, but can I borrow the wife next Sat? grin
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:19 PM

Congrats on a nice 8 pt! You may strike it rich if you can market yer wife's sure fire big buck call. laugh
Posted By: rwood

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:32 PM

Dan Heasley taxidermy, Raymond Mississippi.Great guy and does awesome work from all over the world.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 01:53 PM

Awesome
Posted By: top cat

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:06 PM

Wallpaper thumbup
Posted By: foghorn

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:07 PM

very nice buck
Posted By: slmfarms

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:15 PM

goodun
Posted By: sj22

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:18 PM

Good deer, congrats
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:26 PM

Sounds like she snored up some deer for you I've killed a lot of deer that same way. Wake up look and oh crap deer. thumbup
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:30 PM

Nice buck man! Definitely get that thing on the wall. And please record your wife snores and i will buy a sound bite. Snores only though...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:41 PM

congrats! nice buck
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 02:44 PM

Beautiful buck and congrats! Ellis Solomon in Brandon does jam up work. The true trophy is that beautiful little girl you're holding in the first pic! thumbup
Posted By: Hammerdown

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 03:22 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 03:33 PM

Nice buck. Congrats!
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 03:35 PM

beers
Posted By: Bacon_58

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:10 PM

Great looking buck! Hope you find someone to mount him there. There are some good ones around the B'ham area.....if you want a road trip!
Posted By: booner270

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:13 PM

congrats on a super deer! i am a big fan of skull (european) mounts, but I do want a nice full shoulder mount for myself when the right deer comes along. That one surely fits the bill.

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms
The true trophy is that beautiful little girl you're holding in the first pic! thumbup

My first grandchild never made it out of the hospital after struggling for 6 months. He was born the day before I married my current wife, and died on my oldest son's (baby's father) birthday.

In the picture is our little angel. She was born on the same day as my brother. My brother and sister had Cerebral Palsy and both are gone now. I can see my brothers smile when I look at her. It's nice to have something great to celebrate on a day that I used to be a little sad.
Posted By: Morris

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:24 PM

Welcome to the board . Fantastic deer!
Posted By: 270koc

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:29 PM

Great story and congrats to you, you deserve it.
Posted By: crockrj

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:30 PM

Dang fine buck! Congrats
Posted By: bterry1987

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:31 PM

Jays Taxidermy does fine work! Just look at his website and you can see for yourself...awesome buck!!
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:36 PM

Jays taxidermy Quitman ms
Posted By: Leprechaun24

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 04:59 PM

Nice buck!
Posted By: WhiteCityHunter

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 05:31 PM

Time for a new wife. That is all.

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: WhiteCityHunter
Time for a new wife. That is all.

Prime example of someone that only reads the Headlines and Looks at the Pictures but doesn't read the story. .. slap
Posted By: BD

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/01/15 09:15 PM

Congrats on the buck
Posted By: superdave

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/02/15 12:13 PM

Great Buck! Good Job!
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/02/15 12:26 PM

thumbup
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/02/15 09:55 PM

congrats awesome story and great buck
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/02/15 10:12 PM

beers congrats on a fine buck.

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/03/15 03:39 AM

Tommy Armstrong with Touch of Class Taxidermy in Kosciusko, MS will be doing the mount for me -"US".
My decision had nothing to do with price. Although, his price shocked me for what we're getting $475. I am looking for something unique and quality craftsmanship. I think I've found the right man for the job.
Stepfather, wife and I drove to his shop today and from the moment we walked in the door I got a good feeling. Mr. Tommy was very personable and professional. He allowed us to roam all over his shop. His work is awesome. Choosing the right mount was fairly painless. We wanted some scenery with the mount and I told my wife it was totally up to her. After thumbing through the catalog of photos she picked the exact one I wanted. Now for the pose. My stepfather picked one of the new semi-sneak molds Mr. Tommy was working on at the time. The picture attached is of the scenery but not the pose.

This is the pose I'm getting.
This is a mount that was waiting for the customer to pick up. Mr. Tommy said these bucks were found in less than a foot of water drowned. He said the horns have never been apart since the fight.
Posted By: lukeparker22

Re: Wife says I can't mount him - 02/03/15 04:24 AM

looks good! looking forward to seeing it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM