Aldeer.com

You gotta be kidding me!

Posted By: Coosa1

You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 08:20 AM

Hunted a little 150 acre tract of family land yesterday for the last day of season for our zone. I had been hunting this tract off and on the last few weeks because I had a good 9 point on camera there. Never saw the 9 but my dad and uncle both killed good 8s off of it. But when I was walking out of the woods yesterday I pulled my card out of my camera and checked it.......biggest deer I've ever seen on the place or anywhere near it. I guess he must be a neighboring deer that came through chasing a doe. But goodness gracious, double kickers on his G2s and a drop tine/kicker on his main beam......why couldn't he have shown up while I still had time/tags to hunt him?!?

Posted By: Remington270

Re: You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 08:26 AM

I would take that as good news that y'all have a mature buck to hunt next year.

Re: You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
I would take that as good news that y'all have a mature buck to hunt next year.

Yeah, can't really argue with that. Body wise he doesn't look that old to me, but I just can't believe that there would be that good of genetics there. Here's a better pic of his body. I was guessing 3.5-4 but I'm usually wrong. Anybody wanna chime in?

Posted By: TCEncore308

Re: You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 08:38 AM

That's a heck of a deer. I agree that he looks 'young'. He'll be a sho nuff stud next year.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 08:42 AM

Keep this quiet or bad things are gonna happen. First bad thing is all the family will want a piece of the action including Uncle Eddie! Second is, you just showed all the neighbors what was photographed on the adjoining land and they are all going to want a piece of the action also.

Anyway, I wish you good luck. That is one nice deer.

Re: You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Teacher One
Keep this quiet or bad things are gonna happen. First bad thing is all the family will want a piece of the action including Uncle Eddie! Second is, you just showed all the neighbors what was photographed on the adjoining land and they are all going to want a piece of the action also.

Anyway, I wish you good luck. That is one nice deer.

Yeah, the only people that know about it in the family are me and my dad. And I've never met any of our neighbors on this particular tract of land so I think it's pretty safe. Haha
Posted By: CNC

Re: You gotta be kidding me! - 02/01/15 09:27 AM

He might be run down from the rut and not necessarily as young as he looks. Nice buck. smile
© 2024 ALDEER.COM