Aldeer.com

Shooting over water? Is it legal?

Posted By: sumpter_al

Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 04:45 PM

I have a small plot that is next to a private lake. It seems I always jump deer when I walk in, no matter how slow or quiet I try to be. My climber is usually in the pines just north east of the plot (in purple).

Does anyone know if it is legal to shoot across the lake? I could setup near the red dot and easily watch the field. Shot would be 150 yard max.

[img:right]http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/cmozment/media/lake_pic_zpsd5ac1b03.png.html?sort=3&o=0[/img]
Posted By: gman

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 04:48 PM

I would think if its not public water, it'd be legal...but i only stayed at a motel6 last night. smile
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 04:49 PM

If it is all on private land, and you have permission to hunt it, I don't see why you can't.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 04:57 PM

I've wondered this about hunting corners of a property. Can you say shoot across some one elses cut over if you and the deer are both your land. Imagine a right triangle and shooting the "hypotenuse"
Posted By: LWMajor

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
I've wondered this about hunting corners of a property. Can you say shoot across some one elses cut over if you and the deer are both your land. Imagine a right triangle and shooting the "hypotenuse"
i think you have to go to africa to shoot a hypotenuse ... Or is that a hippopotomus ?!? rofl
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 05:11 PM

Yes. It is perfectly legal to shoot across that pond.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 05:15 PM

No way that's legal IMO.
Posted By: JBL

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: LWMajor
i think you have to go to africa to shoot a hypotenuse ... Or is that a hippopotomus ?!? rofl

Posted By: rackdisaster

Re: Shooting over water? Is it legal? - 01/30/15 07:48 PM

IDK, but seems to me it would be legal.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM