Aldeer.com

suggestions from the men "shooting blanks"

Posted By: Jpipererp

suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 03:28 AM

Cant sleep because Norco keeps me up. Had a vasectomy yesterday and I really wanna hunt Saturday afternoon. Pain sucks right now. Any of you that are sterile, i need advice on whether or not I should risk it. This wont be the last day of the season for me as I have a family farm connection in Andalusia that i will be at starting the 5th. I really wanted to go saturday to at least grab some ladders and tripods to take down with me for the feb hunt and spring hog hunts. What say ye....?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 05:29 AM

So I see you're ok! Wanna give up the 257roy Sunday? Ha
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 06:19 AM

I say I'm shootin' live ammo Friday night and will be in a tree by 5:45 Sat AM shootin' 150 grains of hot lead. grin
Posted By: jnall

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 06:20 AM

Stay home! Don't risk it. After mine I did not do anything until after the weekend. A friend mine did not do what the dr said and his nut swoll up as big as a grapefruit. slap
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 06:21 AM

Don't do any heavy lifting, have a plan for someone that can help you drag a deer out of the woods and next year wait until Feb 20th for any medical procedures. I was up on my feet 48 hrs after my rut killer.
Posted By: roadkill

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: jnall
Stay home! Don't risk it. After mine I did not do anything until after the weekend. A friend mine did not do what the dr said and his nut swoll up as big as a grapefruit. slap

What the man said. I've seen it happen before. Knew a guy who didn't take care. Walking around with your balls filling up an army sock hanging from a kotex belt didn't look enjoyable.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 07:56 AM

Wear a jock strap, use frozen peas, and do not lift anything today or the next several days. The aftermath, if not doing so, is not worth it.

Take it easy today, go hunting tomorrow without moving stands. Have someone there as mentioned to help with deer. If you can take it easy and hunt, and you are feeling ok today, go.

If you are not disciplined enough to keep from getting involved with work, ie heavy lifting, slight lifting, or trying to prove your masculinity, stay at home.

Do what the Dr told you.

God Bless,
David B.

Posted By: Slingshot

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 10:33 AM

As long as you don't have to walk a lot and you have someone to load your deer for you, you should be fine. If you will have to do either of those things, have a camera handy. Your gonna want to get a picture of the two grapefruits hanging from your tree.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 10:44 AM

No. You dont need to climb, let alone drag a deer around. Sit on your bag of peas ans reload or clean guns or just drink beer
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 10:57 AM

I admire your enthusiasm but my advice is: hell no.

Sit at home and chill. I mean unless you want your sack to swell up to the size of a grapefruit and fill with blood. Thus requiring another needle to be inserted into a agonizingly swollen and painful scrotum to relieve the pressure.

If this is your idea of a fun recovery from a vasectomy, then by all means, do some heavy lifting of some stands, maybe even hoist a deer on a 4 wheeler, do lots of walking or riding an ATV, and throw in some extra strenuous activity.

The stands can wait another 2 weeks before they need moved.

Dr. B
Posted By: Blessed

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 11:34 AM

Lay on the couch only get up if you have to keep an ice pack on them jewels 24-7 for a couple days otherwise they will swell up like softballs and look like they've been in a fight with Mike Tyson LOL.
Posted By: JIMSCOTT

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 11:54 AM

Go for it ...I tried my gear out day 2...Just dont lift over 10 lbs...
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 12:09 PM

why even keep the dang gun if you cant get bullets for it? laugh
Posted By: superdave

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 12:14 PM

Take it easy! If you hunt don't, I mean don't, lift anything but your gun. Good luck!
Posted By: mrfuzz

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 03:18 PM

Listen to Dr. B!
hang out at home and get the little woman to fix you grilled cheese samiches!
Go south next week and wear them deer out. If you do too much this weekend, then your season will be completely over.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 03:27 PM

If I had it to do over again, I would have taken it easy. I didn't and paid dearly for it. That was one of the most painful things I've ever had done and it wasn't supposed to hurt at all. The nurses told my old lady if I acted like I was in pain that it was just to get attention. Apparently when I was lying in bed with tears from the pain, begging her to get me an ice pack, it was just for attention.

Stay home.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 03:27 PM

STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Kevinpmac

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: jnall

I was "that guy" myself. Nutz blew up like a red balloon. My advice is to take it easy and push on after you heal up.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 05:30 PM

Don't risk it, stay home!!!
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 05:32 PM

[quote
I was "that guy" myself. Nutz blew up like a red balloon. My advice is to take it easy and push on after you heal up. [/quote]

lol... We had a guy push his luck and go back to the doctor with a nut supposedly the size of an orange.
Posted By: Stob

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 07:26 PM

might as well go get manicured, waxed and bo-toxed.
Posted By: JW

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 07:41 PM

I got on the zero turn and mowed 4 hours the weekend I had mine done. I thought I felt good but boy was I wrong! I had to go back cause I was almost big as an orange myself. It hurt bad! I say take it easy.
Posted By: topcat223

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 07:50 PM

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT RIDE HORESES THREE DAYS AFTER!
smile
Posted By: topcat223

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 07:51 PM

Trust me on this one, don't ask how I know.
Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 08:24 PM

If you think balls the size of a softball is worth the risk then go for it.I did and it wasn't worth it at all.They actually had to open me back up and bleed it out.I hunted the day after I had mine and all I did was tote a chair and walk.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 08:39 PM

Haha TopCat that's what my dad did too. I am not gonna go. I have a buddy getting my stands for me tomorrow.

Me and Mr Norco will be in the recliner buzzing away.
Posted By: BrotherTurtle

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 09:41 PM

I would stay home. Not worth the pain. I did nothing after mine and no problem.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/30/15 11:10 PM

MD said 1 in 300 experience problems after the procedure. Sounds like aldeer members have a higher percentage.
My mistake was sitting in the wooden chairs as Cracker Barrel and getting breakfast after the procedure. I can assure you, it is no fun having issues OR hearing the MD say Stat Ultrasound......Never went back to be retested.
Posted By: scrape

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/31/15 12:23 AM

You can go hunting just don't take any bullets with you.
Posted By: coldtrail

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/31/15 07:36 AM

I went to my sons football game and helped move a washing machine after mine. DONT DO IT!!!
Posted By: deerman24

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 01/31/15 08:33 AM

when I had mine the next day I went fishing and the lake was a little ruff. Most pain I've ever felt. Don't do anything but sit on a recliner and watch tv. Don't listen to folks that say it don't hurt because they lie.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 02/01/15 12:39 AM

Why on Gods green earth would you go and do something like that before the season was over?
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 02/01/15 12:52 AM

Had "it" done on fri. and was shooting my bow on sun. Just don't do an ops check on the tubes within a week.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: suggestions from the men "shooting blanks" - 02/01/15 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: RCHRR
Why on Gods green earth would you go and do something like that before the season was over?

That's what I thought!
I apologize to the OP. I thought the whole deal was funny, but I guess the possibility of the boys swelling up the size of softballs is serious and belongs in the serious forum. Sounds like a lot of aldeer members shoot blanks.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM