Aldeer.com

Found proof of a trespasser

Posted By: rickyp

Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 03:57 PM

I haven't seen any trespassers on my property, but tonight I was walking up near where I found my deer on Monday, and not far from where I found my deer, I found a bottle of acorn spray. It was empty, but it looked brand new, so it hasn't been there long. No one leases the property next to me, and no one else has permission to hunt our property. We have a 10 acre piece attached to my property that borders a small piece of land that belongs to someone else, but I haven't seen anyone on that property all season (the only to access that piece would be to park right near where I park). Since I haven't seen anyone there (and I've hunted a lot this season), and the fact that the acorn spray bottle was on my property, I think it is safe to assume it's not the neighboring landowner, but a trespasser.
There's only 2 days left of the season, so putting out cameras makes little sense at this point. I hunt this property alone, so a face to face confrontation is not what I want, because we all know how that could end. What would y'all do?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 04:15 PM

I would still put a camera out because if they'll trespass they might hunt beyond the season.
Posted By: jlccoffee

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 04:37 PM

I would put several no trespassing signs on the trees around where you found the spray.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 04:47 PM

Call the GW just so that there is a complaint on file.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 04:56 PM

For trespassing, think Sheriff is better than GW.
Posted By: RyanO98

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 05:06 PM

Right were you found the spray bottle. Dig a human sized shallow grave. Put black trash bags in it and leave just a tad of the bag hanging out of the ground. About 10 feet away make a noose and leave it hanging from a tree. On the same tree.. put a no trespassing sign or a sign that says wrong turn with deer blood all over it.. They won't come back! crazy

I like to be creative in scaring people off!!

Or call the Sheriff and file a complaint.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 06:05 PM

Funny how they always manage to leave some crap of their behind. Most obvious thing I've found was a bright metallic blue gum wrapper sitting below the first rung of a ladder stand. Stealth ninjas those trespassers are, I tell ya.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: dirkdaddy
Funny how they always manage to leave some crap of their behind. Most obvious thing I've found was a bright metallic blue gum wrapper sitting below the first rung of a ladder stand. Stealth ninjas those trespassers are, I tell ya.

It really is amazing. Tells you what kind of idots they are.
Posted By: chris18

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 07:48 PM

I found 4 empty beer cans in my shooting house late last season and I am the only person who has permission to be on the property
Posted By: centralala

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 08:23 PM

Probably a trespasser. But possibly a coon, coyote, dog, etc. could have toted it there. Hell, I found an ironing board set up in the middle of the woods once. Never can tell.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 08:25 PM

Id report to sheriff and GW both and also put out cameras. I try to keep out cameras year round. You would probably be surprised at the people wandering around year round where they arent supposed to be.
Posted By: 270_Cal

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 08:48 PM

I had someone steal my game camera off the property I hunt. There are no access points besides my grandpas driveway. So they must have walked a long distances. I know it wasn't my grandpa because he was furious when he found someone was on his land.
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 08:54 PM

My dad found a hat in his shooting house last year, my dad, grandad and myself are the only ones who have permission to hunt. The hat didn't belong to any of us.
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 09:21 PM

The best thing to do if you find a climber or ladder stand on your land is leave an upper decker in the stand. That means take a big nasty number 2 on the seat of their stand. I promise, they will not be back. After a good rain, you will own one more stand.
Posted By: AU_Forester_02

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/29/15 09:44 PM

I had a camera stolen this week north of Jasper. Found their footprints leading all the way back out to the front gate 1/2 a mile from where the cam was.
Posted By: NoHuntin

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 11:20 AM

For the last few weekend we have had a few geocachers coming on to our property. These guys had no concept of private property. On our first meeting I tryed the nice guy approach, that didn't work so our next meeting I played the part of a crazy red neck and promised if I caught them on property again I would stick there gps's where the sun don't shine and flatten all there tires.
I think that may have got there attention.
Posted By: gman

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: NoHuntin
For the last few weekend we have had a few geocachers coming on to our property. These guys had no concept of private property. On our first meeting I tryed the nice guy approach, that didn't work so our next meeting I played the part of a crazy red neck and promised if I caught them on property again I would stick there gps's where the sun don't shine and flatten all there tires.
I think that may have got there attention.
But, but, but they were just cashing...they weren't hurting no one...it was a good place to put it...there wasn't anyone around...i asked the guy down the road... smile whistle
Posted By: Clem

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 11:41 AM

Quote:
These guys had no concept of private property.

This is simply mind-boggling, that people will just believe "Oh, it's no big deal. I'm just wandering on your property and not hurting anything."
Posted By: rickyp

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 11:53 AM

What bothers me is that the trespasser could probably see me going to and from my stand in the morning and evening (because of my flashlight in the dark, and the bright orange vest in the daytime). Heck...he could have been there Sunday night when I shot my buck, and took off after the shot, or he could have been there Monday morning while I was dragging my buck out of the woods. It's a creepy thought knowing someone might have been watching me.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

Quote:
These guys had no concept of private property.

This is simply mind-boggling, that people will just believe "Oh, it's no big deal. I'm just wandering on your property and not hurting anything."
try having your powerline easement of your farm back up to a neighborhood full of high school kids. Unreal the disrespect they have for private property. They ride right next to a greenfield and posted signs and act like they are surprised when you bust that ass trespassing.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 01:15 PM

Kids, even teenagers, have little concept about the depth of what they're doing. To them, they're truly "not hurting anything" and don't think about it.

I'd have to try to talk with the teens about their actions and trespassing without getting too fired up first, and then escalate to their parents and/or sheriff or game wardens if it continued.

We have a teen son and I had to have that discussion with him a couple of years ago. He and some pals were just chilling out in the woods and I asked if he knew who's woods ... "No, but we weren't doing anything wrong" ... thus, the conversation with him and point made about trespassing, upset landowners, potential danger during deer season, law enforcement, etc.

Problem arises when the parents don't care and won't back up your request to cease. Then they get all pissy if law enforcement is called in. But that's what you have to do sometimes.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RyanO98
Right were you found the spray bottle. Dig a human sized shallow grave. Put black trash bags in it and leave just a tad of the bag hanging out of the ground. About 10 feet away make a noose and leave it hanging from a tree. On the same tree.. put a no trespassing sign or a sign that says wrong turn with deer blood all over it.. They won't come back! crazy

I like to be creative in scaring people off!!

Or call the Sheriff and file a complaint.

Damn, Ryan! You've put a lot of thought into this, maybe have some experience at it? LOL
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: chris18
I found 4 empty beer cans in my shooting house late last season and I am the only person who has permission to be on the property

Were they the same brand that you drink? Maybe your suffering from short term memory loss. LOL
Posted By: gman

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

Kids, even teenagers, have little concept about the depth of what they're doing. To them, they're truly "not hurting anything" and don't think about it.

We have a teen son and I had to have that discussion with him a couple of years ago. He and some pals were just chilling out in the woods and I asked if he knew who's woods ... "No, but we weren't doing anything wrong" ... thus, the conversation with him and point made about trespassing, upset landowners, potential danger during deer season, law enforcement, etc.

Problem arises when the parents don't care and won't back up your request to cease. Then they get all pissy if law enforcement is called in. But that's what you have to do sometimes.
Had that talk with austin just this week...so's not to be one of those parents. smile
Posted By: woodsnwater

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 04:48 PM

I had a trespasser take a crap in one of my four wheeler trails just to let me know he was there.
The club next to me knows I can only hunt weekends because I WORK! I hate people.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: centralala
Probably a trespasser. But possibly a coon, coyote, dog, etc. could have toted it there. Hell, I found an ironing board set up in the middle of the woods once. Never can tell.

I find new trash in my woods all the time. I used to get mad about it, but have never seen any evidence of trespassing or poaching going on, and I live on the property so I keep a pretty good eye on things. Ive come to the same conclusion as mentioned above. I think animals tote things around and birds drop things. I've watched a coon in a corn field grab ears of corn in both front hands and walk back into the woods with it. If you walk the edge of a corn field you'll find cobs scattered a hundred yards deep in the woods.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 04:53 PM

Great idea, put out a game camera so the trespasser can now become a thief and steal your camera too. Just call the Sheriff or GW and get a record of the incident and post the property. You might screw the bottle of acorn cover under the No Trespassing sign.
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: Found proof of a trespasser - 01/30/15 10:41 PM

I definitely wouldn't put it past an animal to carry a small bottle that smelled like a huge juicy acorn.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM