Aldeer.com

Coyotes??

Posted By: centralala

Coyotes?? - 01/27/15 01:40 PM

I have seen and often heard of coyotes finding a deer someone has shot and eating all or part before people find them. Has anyone ever shot a deer, watched it fall, and then wait to see if any coyotes show up??
Posted By: QDMAlan

Re: Coyotes?? - 01/27/15 01:46 PM

My girlfriend gut shot a doe at the beginning of season. We waited hours to check on her, finally found the doe bedded up near a creek about 300 yards from where she was hit and when we got there I could hear a bunch or stepping going on around us. It was too thick to see as we couldn't see past 5 feet in front of us but I assume they were coyotes.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Coyotes?? - 01/27/15 01:50 PM

Yea, I'm thinking of using a fresh shot deer as "bait" before retrieving it. Seems as though if 2 people are hunting and you have to wait on your hunting partner anyway, if you shoot a deer, just stay put and see if any show up.
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: Coyotes?? - 01/27/15 01:54 PM

My son shot a deer opening weekend. It piled up within sight. About 20 mins later a huge coyote came on on the deer and was about to start feeding on it. Dog gone.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Coyotes?? - 01/27/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: centralala
I have seen and often heard of coyotes finding a deer someone has shot and eating all or part before people find them. Has anyone ever shot a deer, watched it fall, and then wait to see if any coyotes show up??

yeap done it a time or two . lol

Posted By: mrfuzz

Re: Coyotes?? - 01/27/15 02:31 PM

Never had it happen with yotes, but my wife shot two doe's year before last and while she waited on me to get there (i had three on a greenfield)three buzzards ate the rear out of one of them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM