Aldeer.com

For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton

Posted By: jsh1904

For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/11/14 08:15 AM

Does anyone have a price list? Do they skin deer as well? I've heard good things about them and want to try some of this maple sausage I keep hearing about.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/11/14 02:29 PM

They do a good job but bring money. They are the most expensive placed I have ever used. I brought in a 180 lb buck a few years ago and it cost me over $200 when I picked it up. Haven't been back. There is a menonite that processes not far from walmart. He does a great job for a reasonable price. He will skin it and do anything you want. I think for hamburger and cube steaking the back straps it was about $40.

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/11/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pcola4
They do a good job but bring money. They are the most expensive placed I have ever used. I brought in a 180 lb buck a few years ago and it cost me over $200 when I picked it up. Haven't been back. There is a menonite that processes not far from walmart. He does a great job for a reasonable price. He will skin it and do anything you want. I think for hamburger and cube steaking the back straps it was about $40.

Is that Steve's? I figured DG&K was pricey but I'm willing to pay for something good.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/11/14 11:24 PM

if your willing to pay for the good stuff, bring it to me. i will do it for 300 bucks and there wont even be any sinew in it. laugh
Posted By: Headhunter1984

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/11/14 11:40 PM

I just picked up 17 pounds of original smoked sausage, 15 pounds maple smoked sausage, 9 pounds of cubes deer and 12 pounds of hamburger.

$110.00. A little high in my opinion
Posted By: knock him down

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/11/14 11:48 PM

DGK and Steve are both good. DGK will clean deer but they charge for it. Maybe $30... Can't remember because I have never used that service. He is pretty quick and the specialty items are good, but pricey. The last deer I had done at Steve's was packed traditionally in freezer paper. DGK uses vacuum sealed packaging.
Posted By: James

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/12/14 12:00 AM

Man u need to try South alabama custom meats on dawes rd..I got 90 pounds of jalapeņo cheese smoked sausage last year & it was fine!!!..I stopped going there several years back because it was horrible..But the original owners have since took it back over..
Posted By: James

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/12/14 12:02 AM

If I had any left I would let u try it but it's all gone!!!

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/12/14 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: james
Man u need to try South alabama custom meats on dawes rd..I got 90 pounds of jalapeņo cheese smoked sausage last year & it was fine!!!..I stopped going there several years back because it was horrible..But the original owners have since took it back over..

Horrible is an understatement. They acted like they were pissed if you brought them anything! I get all of my burger and cube steak done for free by a buddy that is a butcher. He is looking into opening a processing place next year so I want to try out some specialty items and give him some ideas. I use South Alabama to process hogs when I need them though.
Posted By: hambone007

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/12/14 08:55 PM

D&k has great sausage ...
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: For those that use DG&K processing in Brewton - 11/12/14 10:44 PM

Josh, Mosley's meet market on Airport is the best I've ever had. They are vey reasonably priced too. I wont go anywhere else, and I've tried just about everywhere in south Alabama.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM