Aldeer.com

one hour buffet at swan creek

Posted By: scrape

one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 01:34 PM

I killed a doe this morning at swan creek after waiting one hour I went to get it. upon finding the doe one hour later I noticed it was missing one rack of ribs. anyways I can thank the coyetes that they didn't get into the good meat and they just felt like having some fresh ribs. should be plenty of meat left for the family. also as usual no blood trail for 50 yards. iam glad I didn't give up. deer was shot into the back spine and exited the opposite front shoulder. only meat on the arrow. so I was happy to see some bubbly blood. anyways nothing special, just the biologist there was suprised to see coyote damage within an hour. also not many deer recorded at swann creek mine was only the third and the first to be inspected.
[img:left]http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337...pg?t=1414088567[/img]
Posted By: Abram

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 01:47 PM

Congratulations, glad you found her.
Posted By: Clem

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 02:16 PM

Coyotes got on it in one hour? Damn. Sounds like some coyote thinning might need to be employed.

Congrats on the deer! Glad to see arra-slingers out there on SCWMA. Wish they'd keep it open a little longer but some's better than none over there, I guess.
Posted By: charlie

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 02:35 PM

That's what happens when you don't allow any hunting or trapping in the off season. Really not any time to hunt except deer days the way the rules are set up.
Posted By: charlie

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 02:39 PM

I wouldn't care if they put whatever deer restrictions they want in but the other months of the year should be just like national forest land where you can hunt pigs and coyote year round. There is no good reason not to.
Posted By: Spot

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 02:42 PM

Congrats on your harvest.had that happen on some private land in wren few years ago hate me some yotes.this time of year when Im ready to come down i hit the fawn distress and wait a few more minutes. Can work on yotes and a old nanny.I'd let a deer walk to gut shoot a yote.
Posted By: JohnGibby

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 02:44 PM

agreed. Yotes & Hog hunting year round. Probably the reason the deer numbers are low anyway. Reduce the predators and then deer numbers come up and we can expand the season on Swan.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 06:39 PM

Probably one of the panthers down there. They are thick near the river.
Posted By: scrape

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 06:46 PM

yekrut, I trust you expert opinion. Its settled it was not coyotes it was a black panther.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: scrape
yekrut, I trust you expert opinion. Its settled it was not coyotes it was a black panther.

Finally, someone on here trusts me. smile
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 07:24 PM

Damn turkeys ate it I bet. They're awful down there.
Posted By: Clem

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 08:06 PM

Quote:
That's what happens when you don't allow any hunting or trapping in the off season.

True. Would be nice to see more trapping and predator hunting allowed there.
Posted By: Reyn

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/23/14 08:14 PM

I had them on me Sunday morning down there. They were yelping before daylight in a thicket and then did it twice more after daylight.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: one hour buffet at swan creek - 10/25/14 09:00 AM

Alabama doesn't trust the hunters. Can't think of any other good reason to completely shut down public land to predator and hog hunting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM