Aldeer.com

Chair for ground hunting

Posted By: bambam32

Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 10:38 AM

I have had some good success hunting from the ground with a bi-pod and playing the wind. I've been using bag chairs and they are ok but are typically too deep. I've tried the foam pads while sitting against a tree but my legs get uncomfortable. I bought a low profile turkey hunting bag chair but haven't used it yet. Any ideas on a good transportable chair for ground hunting?
Posted By: JB71

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 11:30 AM

Gobbler Lounger from Cabela's.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 01:22 PM

They sell a chair just for a blind. Really comfortable and swivels. I know cheaper than dirt has it.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: JB71
Gobbler Lounger from Cabela's.

The one I purchased is just like the gobbler chair. Thanks. I also thought about just attaching the top part of my summit viper to the tree.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 02:49 PM

I've killed deer sitting in a regular folding camp chair. I just tie a rope on it to carry it. I like sitting a bit higher than the ground and I just try to sit where my outline is broken up.

A few years ago the top three deer killed by bow in Alabama were killed buy a guy who hunted from a lawn chair on the ground with an older compound.
Posted By: alight1983

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 06:30 PM

i bought a hammock tree seat and a primos trigger stick this year im ready to try that set up out
Posted By: BD

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/19/14 08:25 PM

I bought a Primos double bull tripod chair for this reason. It is a little pricey, but very comfortable. I hunt CRP in the MS Delta, so I got it for bowhunting. It is easy to stand if needed.
Be careful when looking for a tripod chair. A lot of the cheaper ones have the front leg to close to your man parts. That is why I paid the money for this one.
Posted By: bullet355

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 04:42 AM

I have been using a hammock tree seat this year. So far I
Really like it, easy set up and comfortable. Check them out
I think the web site is fanatic outdoors.
Posted By: JohnGibby

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 08:26 AM

Those hammock tree seats are really nice.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 08:29 AM

I hunted a good deal out of my turkey lounger last year and loved it. I added a rifle sling to mine for long walks, it helps alot.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: TChunter
I hunted a good deal out of my turkey lounger last year and loved it. I added a rifle sling to mine for long walks, it helps alot.

I do the same thing Josh. Growing up (when I was a young kid) I would go with dad and we would sit on the ground. So.. I do this every year just for old times sake. I actually prefer to set on the ground when taking a new hunter out. Just something about it that stirs old memories.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 11:14 AM

Turkey lounger works well, but i like a swivel seat, when deer hunting from the ground.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 11:16 AM

Gobbler lounger. Killed a bunch of deer out of one.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 11:49 AM

So y'all have decent luck out of a chair? Do they work ok in the woods and not on the edge of a Greenfield? Got a buddy I'm taking hunting for the first time this year and he's not good with heights, yet.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 11:53 AM

Build a blind around his chair, or put him in a pop-up blind. I like to hinge a small tree, in front of the chair. Use it as a rifle rest, and to lean pine and cedar limbs against. The tree should stay alive, and put out new leaves next year.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 12:52 PM

I've never really had to brush one in. Just sit it in or around something to break up the outline. Honestly, unless they winded me they don't pay any attention to me as long as I don't move alot. They ain't the sharpest stick in the woods.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Chair for ground hunting - 10/20/14 03:01 PM

Primos wingman
© 2024 ALDEER.COM