Aldeer.com

Black Warrior WMA?

Posted By: jhogeland

Black Warrior WMA? - 10/01/14 04:21 PM

Does anyone know what the schedule is going to be this year? We hunted it opening day last season and wanted to go back for the opener this year if they are having a hunt. Thanks for any info on it.
Posted By: N_AL_Slugger

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/01/14 04:23 PM

Permit with map and dates here: http://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/default/files/Black%20Warrior%20WMA.pdf

You get one on opening day last year? Deer seem to be scarce out there.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/01/14 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: N_AL_Slugger
Permit with map and dates here: http://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/default/files/Black%20Warrior%20WMA.pdf

You get one on opening day last year? Deer seem to be scarce and huge out there.

FIFY. What they lack in numbers they definitely make up for in size.
Posted By: N_AL_Slugger

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/01/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Luvbowhuntn
Originally Posted By: N_AL_Slugger

You get one on opening day last year? Deer seem to be scarce and huge out there.

FIFY. What they lack in numbers they definitely make up for in size.

No doubt we've seen some pics of monsters from out there...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/01/14 09:19 PM

November 22 is opening day on Zone B. Don't overlook the primitive hunt on Zone A the week before. It's the 17th-19th. Both hunts will have some of the best deer in the state brought in. Guarantee it.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/01/14 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
November 22 is opening day on Zone B. Don't overlook the primitive hunt on Zone A the week before. It's the 17th-19th. Both hunts will have some of the best deer in the state brought in. Guarantee it.

Spoken by the man himself
Posted By: Geronimo

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/02/14 01:08 PM

Do they have any camping facilities at Bankhead?
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/02/14 01:19 PM

Never hunted it, but always wanted to. Is the Sipsey Wilderness area huntable, or off limits? Which is zone A? I tried to find it on the map, but couldn't. About how many hunters do they average on the first hunt?
Posted By: longshot

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/02/14 01:30 PM

On opening weekend the is a orange hat behind every tree.
A Side is the side with the Sipsey
Wilderness area. B Side is on the opposite side of HWY 33.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 10/02/14 07:53 PM

A side is the West side of Hwy 33. The Wilderness area is on the A side. You can gun hunt the Wilderness area anytime the A side has a gun hunt.

The B side is on the east side of Hwy 33.
Posted By: swam4au

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 12/01/14 03:25 PM

Is the gun hunt on zone B Friday and Saturday this week? According to the map/permit it says the 5th and 6th, but nothing about Sunday the 7th. I can't make it there on Friday or Saturday to get to the head quarters, are they open Sunday morning the 7th? I've never hunted bankhead or black warrior so this is all new to me. Thanks in advance

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 12/01/14 03:27 PM

The hunt is exactly what's on the permit. There is not a hunt scheduled for Sunday. Almost all hunts on BW are Wed-Sat or Friday and Saturday on Zone B, except the opening day hunt. It's Saturday only.

READ the permits for dates and times. If Sunday isn't on the deer hunt dates then there is no gun hunting that day.

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 12/01/14 03:29 PM

You can hunt the Bankhead on Sunday.
Posted By: swam4au

Re: Black Warrior WMA? - 12/01/14 03:41 PM

That's what I figured, just didn't know if the map/permit I downloaded was the wrong year. From the looks of it I can just bring the bow and hunt anywhere on Sunday.

Thanks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM