Aldeer.com

Mock scrapes?

Posted By: Surefire1911

Mock scrapes? - 09/30/14 07:13 AM

Anyone ever made one and had success either getting pics or a kill from it? If so what scent and what time of the year works best ?
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Mock scrapes? - 09/30/14 07:19 AM

Human urine works well, for camera sites.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Mock scrapes? - 09/30/14 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: blumsden

x2
operative word being camera site. Never seen one in daylight at a mock scrape, personally.
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 07:42 AM

amazing the things people do to try and fool deer. Do you really think that a deer will not know the difference. People that do not know just how smart a deer is to his environment usually don't do very good at deer hunting.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: deerman24
amazing the things people do to try and fool deer. Do you really think that a deer will not know the difference. People that do not know just how smart a deer is to his environment usually don't do very good at deer hunting.

Biologists have been using mock scrapes, activated with human urine, for years for camera surveys.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: 40Bucks

x2
operative word being camera site. Never seen one in daylight at a mock scrape, personally.

I have.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: deerman24

If a buck shys away from a scrape with human urine in it, it's because he smelled yer stinking scent left from yer feet, hands touching limbs and such, not the urine it's self.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: 40Bucks

x2

I have.

Me too.
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 12:17 PM

I should have known better, stupid me
Posted By: Surefire1911

Re: Mock scrapes? - 10/03/14 05:06 PM

Well I think I've decided to do an experiment . I'm going to set multiple mock scrapes up with various urine. Mine, my wife's and some off the shelf "tinks" . I'll set up a few cameras to see which one works best and ill report back to settle the debate smile
© 2024 ALDEER.COM