Aldeer.com

Doe Urine

Posted By: bambam32

Doe Urine - 09/17/14 09:27 PM

Does anyone have any luck using doe urine? Some guys in my club put it out every time they hunt and they usually never see anything. I hunt in South Alabama and I don't use it any more because it's never paid off. I've tried Harmons,Code Blue and Tinks. What brand has worked for you and how do you put it out?
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Doe Urine - 09/17/14 09:42 PM

yes but not until January. I hunt south Baldwin county. most of the time I pour it on my boots or on a drag walking to my stand. yes it works
Posted By: goobey

Re: Doe Urine - 09/17/14 09:49 PM

Only use in the rut or prerut , drag rag works they will walk in your footsteps
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Doe Urine - 09/17/14 09:56 PM

What brand are you using?
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Doe Urine - 09/18/14 07:14 AM

you ever smell that stuff. Smells like rotten pee and probably not from any doe. Why would that attract a buck when the woods are full of good fresh doe pee. Just another worthless trick to get your money. Think about it. If you want to use doe pee just take it from a freshly killed doe, its cheaper and fresh.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Doe Urine - 09/18/14 07:36 AM

I use to use Code Blue doe pee on my boots the last 100 yards to my stand, during bow season. Then I spray coon pee in the tree. I don't use the doe pee much any more, but I use the coon pee every time.
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: Doe Urine - 09/18/14 09:48 AM

I don't think it's even worth the thought. Hunting industry has turned into such a BS business it's almost embarrassing to watch the outdoor channels. Was in Gander Mountain last Sunday and saw an artificial tree you can set up in a field or where ever so bucks will make scrapes where you want them to. Of course the Drury brothers were on the front cover talking about this is the greatest innovation in hunting in a decade, blah, blah, blah.
Posted By: jmack66

Re: Doe Urine - 09/18/14 12:54 PM

That Code Blue is supposed to be from 1 deer to 1 bottle with a serial number from the deer it was taken from. I got some 55 gal drums that came from there a couple years ago. They come full off some kind of pee that's for sure, but they fill the bottles from this drum. One deer that pisses a helluva lot I guess. That stuff is a joke. Could be kangaroo piss for all anybody knows. Yet people pay $ for it anyways.......
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Doe Urine - 09/18/14 05:40 PM

I use to use Tinks 69 and I have had bucks walk up to a scent canister and smell it during the rut.

I will say this about doe pee. I had a deer breeder give me a bottle of doe pee that he collected while they were AI'ing his does. Full blown estrous doe pee. It smelled sort of sweet and not offensive. There was not one thing in common with it and the the foul musty smelling stuff that's bought in the hunting aisle of your local hunting store. I've smelled Code Blue and some of that other high dollar stuff that's refrigerated and it smelled NOTHING like the real thing. It may have the exact same pheremones in it, but it smells nothing like it.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Doe Urine - 09/18/14 06:15 PM

I have had luck a few times with Harmons around Thanksgiving. As I have found in the past, one hot doe on your property can make or break your hunt. If you have estrous out and there's another hot doe a quarter mile down the road you are fighting a losing battle. Have had Harmons out and had a hot doe run through a cutover ab 400 yards away and bucks were running back and forth around that area all afternoon. Never came over to my scent. But I have had the stuff out and would spray some every 30 minutes or so and had bucks circle down wind on me multiple times.
Posted By: exciteman

Re: Doe Urine - 09/19/14 02:24 AM

I used Tink,s doe in rut on a foot drag. A buck trailed me in grunting like a pig but apparently caught some human scent and stopped just short of getting within sight. I know that it works!
Posted By: topcat223

Re: Doe Urine - 09/20/14 11:08 PM

Yes, Buck Wicked Hot Stuff!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM