Aldeer.com

Climbing Stick Advice

Posted By: BruteX

Climbing Stick Advice - 09/01/14 06:09 PM

Don't get the Muddy Outfitter, get a stick that you can piece together on the ground and raise up. The Muddy makes you have to climb up and down too many times to install, which increases your chance of falling. Once they are installed, they work great but, if you are by yourself do not buy these. If you buy them, have a buddy help install. I learned the hard way this morning. Up and down 4 times before installed. I wear a lineman's belt but I was pooped when finally done.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/01/14 07:18 PM

There's a system to it that you have to get down. After placing the bottom step, attach both ends of the strap and place around your neck like European fags where man purses, then climb and place one at a time. I looked for a video of it online and found something equally easy to use as what I described.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-fQeTZ_kpM
Posted By: JPDavis

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/02/14 03:15 AM

I have 5 muddy sticks. I attach the first one to the tree and then attach the ropes to the other four sticks and carry them "rifle sling" style up the tree. Like you, I use a linemans belt to secure the other sticks. I also have 550 cord attached to both my stand and my bow so i make one trip up the tree. If you want a little more height i use a 5 foot piece of climbing rope on the first three sticks. Tie the 5 foot rope into (2.5 ft) and hang on the steps. I'm 5ft 11in and the 2.5 rope step will add another 5 to 7 feet up a tree. Hope this helps.

Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/02/14 09:38 AM

Line men's belt, and a rope will solve all your problems
Posted By: D Wilborn

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/02/14 09:55 AM

Millennium M-210 are 5 sections totaling 20' easy to assemble and affordable. We have them for $59.95 a set. Ol'Man has probably the nicest 20' climbing sticks at $79.95.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/03/14 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
There's a system to it that you have to get down. After placing the bottom step, attach both ends of the strap and place around your neck like European fags where man purses, then climb and place one at a time. I looked for a video of it online and found something equally easy to use as what I described.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-fQeTZ_kpM

Guess there's a first time for everything on AlDeer! grin Didn't expect to see a referencecto "European fags" in a how-to-hang-a-stand thread! LOL! Not sure I understand (nor do I want to!) the analogy.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/06/14 05:58 AM

The Millenium sticks are easy on the wallet and are easy to put up
Posted By: JUSTIN37HUNT

Re: Climbing Stick Advice - 09/06/14 10:28 AM

I use a connected 20' stick at the bottom. Then I use a seperate 3' Muddy section at the very top. I remove the Muddy section when I leave so no one can sit my setup. Easy to use that one section at the top of all my other sticks each sit and gives me great comfort knowing it should be safe from theft or lazy club members.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM