Aldeer.com

apple flavored corn

Posted By: psefamily

apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 03:01 PM

Wally World is selling a apple flavored corn now. I was just wondering if anyone has been using this product, and if they've gotten any good pics of deer eating it. It makes sense to me, since those are two good food groups that deer will eat. You thoughts on this ???
Posted By: tpbf

Re: apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 03:06 PM

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...rue#Post1059047

These guys have been talking about Apple corn too. Great stuff!
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 03:48 PM

I just bought 2 bags and put them out Friday. I'm going Saturday morning to check the cameras, I'll know how it worked then!
Posted By: huntbig

Re: apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 04:08 PM

With all this talk of the apple flavored corn I'm gonna have to buy me some
Posted By: CorpsSgt

Re: apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 05:45 PM

Bought some Friday and checked cameras Saturday morning. Had 2 bucks and a doe on it for 6 hours straight. Going back to buy all I find.
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: psefamily
Wally World is selling a apple flavored corn now. I was just wondering if anyone has been using this product, and if they've gotten any good pics of deer eating it. It makes sense to me, since those are two good food groups that deer will eat. You thoughts on this ???

I loaded the feeders after the guys here recommended it. Still seeing about the same number of deer( all does). But they seems to like it. Walmart had it here for $8 for 50# and I loaded up.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: apple flavored corn - 08/31/14 09:02 PM

i stopped and bought some yesterday at my local feed and seed. she said in a couple of weeks the price should drop again. i havent seen the walmart brand yet but the frm stuff is fantastic
Posted By: forten

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/01/14 01:16 PM

May not believe me but I got over 900 pics in a week, camera was on 3 burst and they grazed for a while but got a good 8 coming 3 or 4 times daily.
Posted By: BOB

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 03:52 AM

Never understood why you would need to put any kind of additive on corn. slap #gimmick. Deer love plain corn.
It's your money......
Posted By: Bankhead3471

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BOB
Never understood why you would need to put any kind of additive on corn. slap #gimmick. Deer love plain corn.
It's your money......

Correct. That's along the line of the stuff that you pour over corn and I don't understand it. I wished I could come up with something like that. $$$$$
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 06:46 AM

I tried it and other than coons no deer touched it... went back to regular and they have been eating it...I must have picky deer
Posted By: Delta Dave

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: BOB
It's your money......

$8 for 50lbs of apple corn or $8 for 40 lbs of corn at Walmart. To save money is one reason to buy it right now.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 11:00 AM

I just get reg corn bulk for 11.50/100 lbs.
Posted By: top cat

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 11:33 AM

slap
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 07:08 PM

Anybody interested.....my Dad is getting ready to flavor and bag a few tons. It will be in Thomasville....fresh run, clean corn with heavy apple flavor; $7.50/50lb bag.
Posted By: goobey

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 07:52 PM

I would like to get some in a few weeks
Posted By: shooters

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Anybody interested.....my Dad is getting ready to flavor and bag a few tons. It will be in Thomasville....fresh run, clean corn with heavy apple flavor; $7.50/50lb bag.
Thats .50 cent plus tax cheaper than Wal-mart! grin
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild

Wish you were closer!
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 09:11 PM

I will post when he has it available.
Waiting on the flavoring now.
Posted By: BOB

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: HHSyelper
I just get reg corn bulk for 11.50/100 lbs.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/10/14 11:26 PM

thumbup
Posted By: wardaddy

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/11/14 01:21 AM

I put out 40lbs. of apple corn in front of a camera and about 250 yards away over a ridge put out a feeder with regular corn. When they found the apple corn on the ground it went in one night and I got pics of 8 deer. The feeder has been out now for a month and I have 2 pics-a doe and a gobbler turkey. They love that apple corn. Gonna put out more this weekend.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/11/14 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By: wardaddy
I put out 40lbs. of apple corn in front of a camera and about 250 yards away over a ridge put out a feeder with regular corn. When they found the apple corn on the ground it went in one night and I got pics of 8 deer. The feeder has been out now for a month and I have 2 pics-a doe and a gobbler turkey. They love that apple corn. Gonna put out more this weekend.

The deer at my are the same way. It's like crack to them.
Posted By: hallb

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/11/14 08:23 AM

I bought a few bags just thinking what the heck, why not. It was only a little bit more than what I was paying for regular 50lb bags of corn. I can throw a 50lb bag of regular corn on the ground and it will last for a few days. I threw a bag of this apple corn on the ground and it was gone in less than 24 hours, looked like a vacuum had come thru there and all of the pics were deer. That being said, I'll stick to the regular corn, but will pick up a few bags of this every now and then.
Posted By: WSPhunter

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/15/14 10:10 AM

I put 100lbs out and had great results, gone in about 3 days, where it takes about a week with regular corn. Picked it up at wal mart, 50lbs apple corn was $10, 40lbs regular corn was $8.50.
Posted By: chris3954

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/15/14 10:25 AM

I put 250lbs in a feeder 2 weeks ago with a camera on it. Over 600 pics mostly deer some coons. 2 beautiful bucks and many doe feeding on it. Walmart brand is what I bought. Must have jumped em coming in because I had two doe on camera at 955am and I walked in at 10am on the dot.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/15/14 11:20 AM

Put 2 bags out this weekend. I hope I get the results that y'all are having
Posted By: Headhunter1984

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/15/14 11:52 AM

The deer in my woods absolutely love it. I'm getting anywhere between 800-1,200 pics a week all hours of the day with a 2 min delay.
Posted By: huntbig

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/15/14 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
Put 2 bags out this weekend. I hope I get the results that y'all are having

Same. I put out some as well. It has never been tried at our hunting camp, I am curious as to how the deer will respond.
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: apple flavored corn - 09/15/14 03:31 PM

I have been using the corn flavored apples and they have been killing my camera sites.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM