Aldeer.com

Sugar beets

Posted By: muddyfeet

Sugar beets - 08/20/14 02:53 PM

Anyone ever used them. Read mixed reviews. Seems like they do better in northern climates. Just wondering if anyone on here had ever tried them, and what they thought.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Sugar beets - 08/20/14 05:50 PM

Down here it aint the deer magnet its talked up to be. If i get em cheap. I'll throw a handfull or two out in food plots. Worth a try. Diffrent places get different results
Posted By: James

Re: Sugar beets - 08/20/14 07:47 PM

I planted them & radishes..The dayum radishes grow to the size of baseballs but nothing ate them in Marengo county..Now I've had great Luck with the crush sugar beets in the bag..I have a pic of the radishes I'll post a pic tomorrow..

Re: Sugar beets - 08/20/14 09:17 PM

I dont think it gets cold enough for them to sweeten up like there supposed to down here. Where do you find crushed sugar beets in a bag at
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Sugar beets - 08/20/14 09:32 PM

I saw that sugar beet crush with Tiffany's face on it.... $70 for a 40lb. bag....no thank you
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Sugar beets - 08/20/14 10:42 PM

It would have to have a picture of Tiffany's tits on it for me to even think about $70 bucks.
Posted By: James

Re: Sugar beets - 08/20/14 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
I saw that sugar beet crush with Tiffany's face on it.... $70 for a 40lb. bag....no thank you
Yeah I get it in #5 or #10 bags the #10 costs about 19.99

Re: Sugar beets - 08/22/14 01:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I read when they sweeten up its like candy to them. Might be a good Feb.crop if you have room to plant, that way they'll have something to get them through til it warms up. I know last year my fields were gone before January, but at the same time it was the coldest winter we've had in the last 30 years.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Sugar beets - 08/22/14 06:33 AM

Don't know about beets, but they tear the radishes up. They eat them before it frost, they're not bitter like PTT. They work great to breakup hardpan soils. The tuber gets huge, about the size of your wrist, sometimes bigger, and can be 12" long. They eat the tops, and some of the tuber.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Sugar beets - 08/22/14 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
It would have to have a picture of Tiffany's tits on it for me to even think about $70 bucks.

The people around me at this resturant are wondering what I'm laughing at! Ha!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM