Aldeer.com

Value of tractor, disc, bushhog

Posted By: 007

Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 12:37 PM

Thinking about selling my tractor. I used to use it to cut my land and do food plots but now only food plots and the rest of the time it just sits. Any of you tractor guys have an idea on what it may go for? I bought it from my grandfather who used it to cut hay. It has hydraulics and is 42HP, I believe. Obviously it was heavily used but it runs well. I don't have any idea of what to ask other than looking at used tractors online. Any input would be appreciated.

Posted By: hosscat

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 01:11 PM

To give a value with any accuracy someone would need to know, year model, and hours. Also the year and size of the disk and mower.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:19 PM

For everything high range would be $5500.00 and low range would be $4500.00. Depending on shape and size of equipment, hours, etc, etc.... Just my opinion if it was mine.

Looks like a 6 foot disk and a 6 foot Landpride bush hog
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:23 PM

When you get a set asking price on the package let me know. My club my be interested if the price is right.

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:24 PM

You might could look at consigning all of it at a tractor place.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel white
For everything high range would be $5500.00 and low range would be $4500.00. Depending on shape and size of equipment, hours, etc, etc.... Just my opinion if it was mine.

Looks like a 6 foot disk and a 6 foot Landpride bush hog

I had $4000 and $5500 before I saw this^^^

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:37 PM

Regardless of the hours I would guess that package would go for closer to 8-10k. I sold a 1974 Ford 5000 (one step larger) with weak hydraulics for $5000, just a few months ago.

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: hosscat
Regardless of the hours I would guess that package would go for closer to 8-10k. I sold a 1974 Ford 5000 (one step larger) with weak hydraulics for $5000, just a few months ago.

not knocking his tractor, but just around my neck of the woods, them Farmtrac are getting hard to come up with parts. They had weak front spindles also. They don't have the best resale value... But they was good tractors for what they was..my $.02

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 02:58 PM

That may be the truth, I always assumed they were Ford clones.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 03:16 PM

Some parts were and obviously paint. Motor, tranny and rearend is the same as Ford/NH but the rest has differences.

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/30/14 03:57 PM

Thanks, hosscat. I didn't think about the hours when I snapped the pics. I believe it was bought new in 1998-99. The bushhog is older than that and I don't have any idea when it was bought. I bought the disc new in 2004. Both are 6' wide, I believe. I will try and post the hours and widths in the next day or two.

Edit: posted before refreshing......
I had the front steering cylinder replaced last year at the John Deere place here in Auburn. He said there were 3 places they found that had parts for them, so it may be the parts will be tough to locate.
Also, I don't intend to sell them separately unless someone just wants a tractor, in which case the disc would be for sale.

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 07:44 AM

Based on what I remember seeing, a disk is worth 500-750 depending on size/weight. A running 6'bush hog should be worth 500 or so. Spend some time on Tractorhouse.com and ironsearch.com to help determine the value of your tractor. looked some yesterday and the cheapest Farmtrac I saw they were "asking" $6,800, so you might not be able to get 8, but maybe around 7.
Posted By: augustus_65

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 10:14 AM

Have you thought about putting them in an auction? You may want to at least check with Russ Wood or Bryant Wood at JM Wood Auction Co. in Montgomery. Tractors and implements have bringing pretty good prices at the last few auctions, plus you don't have to deal with advertising or all the tire kickers. They will charge you a commission but you may come out ahead in dealing with them. They are stand up folks.
Posted By: BarnToo

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: hosscat
Based on what I remember seeing, a disk is worth 500-750 depending on size/weight. A running 6'bush hog should be worth 500 or so. Spend some time on Tractorhouse.com and ironsearch.com to help determine the value of your tractor. looked some yesterday and the cheapest Farmtrac I saw they were "asking" $6,800, so you might not be able to get 8, but maybe around 7.

I definitely think hosscat is in the ballpark. Two years ago I sold my equipment ('97 NH 4wd 27 hp, 5 foot disk, and 5 ft. bushhog) for around $8000.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 04:48 PM

I'd be interested in the disc if you decide to sell it separately. Those are made by Tufline in Columbus, MS unless I'm mistaken
Posted By: RareBreed

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: RobertD
Those are made by Tufline in Columbus, MS unless I'm mistaken

thumbup

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 08:20 PM

Checked the hours while I was showing our lease to a couple of guys and it has just under 2300 on it. After looking at the catalog and online, it has 50 HP. To be perfectly honest, before asking here, I was thinking to ask around $6000 for all of it. I may take a few more pics and take them to a local used tractor place and see what they say.

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 07/31/14 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: 007
Checked the hours while I was showing our lease to a couple of guys and it has just under 2300 on it. After looking at the catalog and online, it has 50 HP. To be perfectly honest, before asking here, I was thinking to ask around $6000 for all of it. I may take a few more pics and take them to a local used tractor place and see what they say.

Not many hours, I was just giving info off my opinion. You can always go down in price, so ask what you like. Can't never tell. But when you get ready post up your price and I will help spread the word around my neck of the woods.. thumbup
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Value of tractor, disc, bushhog - 08/02/14 10:41 PM

I think between 5000 and 5 where your going to be on that.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM