Aldeer.com

western wilcox county

Posted By: Southwood7

western wilcox county - 07/25/14 05:23 PM

How is the hunting in this general area? Im looking at a place about 10 miles west of the alabama river.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: western wilcox county - 07/25/14 05:43 PM

No deer in SW AL.....the hogs have ran them all off!!

smile

Actually, you probably won't even have any hogs on 80% of the property down here. Even though, they started here and are supposedly taking over the World!!! LOL

The deer hunting is pretty good in that area!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: western wilcox county - 07/25/14 06:41 PM

Thanks HW. I assumed the area would he above average deer hunting for the state but wasn't sure.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: western wilcox county - 07/25/14 11:22 PM

That part has more hills than the rest of Wilcox I think, but hunting should be great. Deer and turkey. We are about half way between the river and where that would be. No complaints except for late rut, which is being addressed.
Posted By: tpbf

Re: western wilcox county - 07/26/14 12:57 AM

Been hunting in Lamison ,Al for a long time, great hunting lots of big hills and creek bottoms and big blackbelt bucks very very good hunting IMO. Just my $.02! thumbup
Posted By: LoCo

Re: western wilcox county - 07/26/14 07:55 AM

You better take it if you can. The only downside would be humans.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: western wilcox county - 07/26/14 01:32 PM

Been in that Area for 15 years. But if its the more hilly part West of the river it will have a lower deer population than the bottom land.
Posted By: James

Re: western wilcox county - 07/26/14 01:50 PM

What western part of wilcox? There's several areas that I've looked at that gets poached severely by the blacks.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: western wilcox county - 07/28/14 09:42 PM

Southwood, gonna need your work schedule so I can keep an eye on the place while you're away. wink
© 2024 ALDEER.COM