Aldeer.com

Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather?

Posted By: Gary Harris

Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 03:16 PM

My hands get really cold during the winter, even in our mild Bama winters. My feet do too, but I've about got that figured out. I have always found that the ragged wool glo-mitts work best for me, coupled with Hot Hands. Last year I used some regular insulated gloves along with the Hot Hands and liked that better. I didn't have to expose my fingers so much. The gloves I used are coming apart at the seams, so I need some new ones. What kind work for you guys? I would prefer them to be waterproof as well.
Posted By: NickC

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 03:25 PM

I have some fleece mittens that fold back for gun season. Bow season I use some thin leather gloves. When its ARSE cold in the morning I use the mittens over the leather gloves. The leather gloves have a soft material on the trigger finger.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 03:26 PM

I use glomitts with covered fingers. They're not waterproof though.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 03:50 PM

For bow season I just use thin waterproof gloves, gun season I've found that my hands stay warmer by holding hot hands and just putting my hands Inside my coveralls close to my body.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 03:55 PM

I wear regular 4" cuff cotton gloves (without the grippy crap on them) all season. If it gets cold enough, I'll use a hand warmer muffs.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 05:15 PM

my son and I both use the hand warmer mitts that strap around your body like a belt and have the pouch in front to put your hands in. We put a hot hands in the pouch when it is terribly cold and it will keep your hands toasty warm for hours. We both use just a pair of "cheap cotton gloves" when walking in or out. It works well for us. Hope this helps!
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 05:42 PM

Underarmor cold gear gloves as a liner and a pair of wool fingerless mittens. Throw a hot hand in the mitten part and you are good to go. I've also had good results sticking a hot hand on the top of my hand where all the vessels are. It seams to keep my fingers pretty warm.
Posted By: James

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 06:09 PM

If it's real cold I'll use some wool socks that I've got finger holes cut in also..It helps keep your wrist area warm..
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 06:10 PM

what ever you get make sure they allow you to readily shot your gun .

IF , it's really cold i wear a thick glove on the left hand and a regular cotton glove on the right .
Posted By: sj22

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 07:05 PM

Use the hand warmers, only thing that works for me
Posted By: buck snort

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 07:06 PM

Columbia makes some battery powered, heated gloves. I bought my son and I a pair to wear during a hunt in the mid-west. They work wonderfully, although as my son found out, if you run them on "High" the battery will only last about three hours as opposed to five or six hours on low. Well worth the money but the rechargeable battery is a PITA to get out for recharging.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 07:56 PM

I don't wear gloves at all while hunting ..... I hate jewelry or clothing on my hands...I just use several of the hot hands inside one of the muff type hand warmers that you wear around your waist. Never had a problem with cold hands doing this.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 08:15 PM

Wool army gloves, with the trigger finger cut out of course. If it's really cold, army gloves inside a muff with hot hands. Best system I've tried.

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 09:02 PM

Thanks for the tips.
Posted By: UARandy3

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 09:55 PM

I also use the muff thing that goes around your waist with a hot hand in it. Usually will just wear thin gloves too or even no gloves. I hate thick gloves bc I can't feel anything or handle anything worth a crap.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
I wear regular 4" cuff cotton gloves (without the grippy crap on them) all season. If it gets cold enough, I'll use a hand warmer muffs.

Same here
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/23/14 10:29 PM

I've wasted some money on expensive gloves before, but I've never found anything warmer than the old ragg wool gloves. If it's bitter cold I wear a muff around my waist with habdwarmers in it.
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 05:03 AM

As others said, muff with hand warmers most of the time. When it's really cold, thin gloves inside the muff.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 06:15 AM

Polypro glove liners are the best $5 you can spend. I wear them under lightweight Sitka shooting gloves and am good down to 20-25 degrees.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 08:29 AM

Since a pair of thick gloves cost me a buck, years ago, all i wear are thin fleece gloves. If my hands get cold, i put them in my jacket pocket. If its really cold, i'll have some handwarmers in there.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 09:15 AM

I would buy a good camo fleece head gator first. If your head and neck are not covered and warm, you are wasting your time and money. Then get one of the hand pouches that goes around your waist. And then some comfortable gloves.

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 10:43 AM

Wow, I get a lot more response on here than when I post on archerytalk. I have a fleece balaclava. I wouldn't go to the woods on a cold day without it. I appreciate all the suggestions. I have used the ragg wool fold backs for years with good luck. The ones I like best are Mossy Oak brand, but I can't find them anymore. The ones I have are about worn out. I bought some similar to them from Shoals Outdoors, but they don't seem as warm. As stated, last year, I used some waterproof, insulated gloves that my son-in-law actually gave me. They worked well even as cold as last winter was if used with hand warmers. I didn't have any trouble shooting with them on, and they were handier than the foldbacks to me. Just thought someone may have used the best of both worlds.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 11:43 AM

I use the hand muffs if it is really cold. I don't like wearing gloves.
Posted By: BobF

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 03:29 PM

I use a merino liner and a soft shell glove over...the system I have is from KUIU...the liner, the Tiburon glove, & the Guide glove. I mostly archery hunt so big bulky gloves don't work for me.
Posted By: LoCo

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 09:08 PM

Switch the heater in the truck up from "Low" to "High", and turn the thermostat away from the blue side and more towards the red side.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Can someone recommend some really warm gloves to wear in cold weather? - 07/24/14 11:10 PM

I used a hand warmer with hot hands for bow hunting. I have fold up mitts that I tuck hand warmers in for gun hunts. Otherwise, it's me a mr. Buddy in the shooting house
© 2024 ALDEER.COM