Aldeer.com

Zone B February Question

Posted By: Alagator

Zone B February Question - 06/17/14 04:48 PM

It looks like zone B will be expanded to include Bullock County, and I am glad, because we seem to quit just when the rut is getting good. I know at least a couple of locals who say they do their best hunting after we go home for the year. wink
To you Lower Alabama guys who had feb season last time around ---
Did your group use this to hunt trophies, or did some see an easier way to get those young basket racks that chase does 24/7?
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Zone B February Question - 06/19/14 07:19 AM

The latter. Spikes too.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Zone B February Question - 06/19/14 09:53 AM

I would think it would all depend on the club rules. If a club shoots young bucks during the whole season then I bet that isn't going to change just for ten days in February. On the other hand a club that manages for mature bucks I doubt will change and shoot young bucks just because there is now a season in February....
Posted By: booner

Re: Zone B February Question - 06/19/14 10:54 AM

^^^^ What he said.

I became more picky throughout this past season because of the extra 10 days added on at the end of season. Its not hard to knock off three bucks in the time we already had in our liberal season and they just added more to it. I went in to the last four weeks of season with one left to fill my limit and that was a very selective process in its own. I still believe most just shoot whatever is legal within their club or by state law.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM