Aldeer.com

Indiana public land

Posted By: N2TRKYS

Indiana public land - 04/21/14 07:11 PM

I'm wanting to do an out of state deer hunt next year. I've been to Southern Illinois a few years, but die offs have made it rough. Looking for a new place. Anybody have any info?
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Indiana public land - 04/21/14 07:52 PM

Not sure on Indiana, but I am going to try to go to Ohio for the shotgun season. Probably will go to Jersey county on Public land. I have hunted in the Northern part "Ashtabula" county gonna try to stay southern part. When we wuse to go up there for pig sales ther ewas a ton of deer and big ones also.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Indiana public land - 04/21/14 08:09 PM

North central KS walk in hunting areas.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Indiana public land - 04/21/14 08:46 PM

Indiana does have some great public land hunting, during the bow season is best IMO. I had a lease in Indiana and there was some great public land nearby in southern Indiana just off rt 65.

Ohio has some great public land. I hunted some great private land there a friend of mine owned. His buddies son shot a great mid 170s buck during the opener of the shotgun season on some state land..North central ohio.

But like Matt pointed out. The walk in hunter access land in Kansas is excellent. I would time it during the rut, during archery season. I saw a ton of 120 inch plus bucks I passed on every day waiting for 150 and over.
North central Kansas is where I hunted as well. I NEVER saw another hunter and hunted two farms there.

Re: Indiana public land - 04/21/14 08:54 PM

I'll check the Kansas walk in areas. It will be bow hunting. Anybody interested in planning a trip up there next year?
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Indiana public land - 04/21/14 09:26 PM

I may be going this year to Kansas. I have a couple of buddies that have been the last two years. They haven't killed any monsters but have killed some decent bucks.
Posted By: wardaddy

Re: Indiana public land - 04/21/14 11:17 PM

I planned on going back to Ohio. Tranquility Preserve and Shawnee national forest (Adams and Scioto counties).
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
I'll check the Kansas walk in areas. It will be bow hunting. Anybody interested in planning a trip up there next year?

I'm right on the Kansas border in Oklahoma. Literally can step across the line. I just have a tough time paying 400.00 dollars for a non-resident deer tag.
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 01:17 PM

I'd love to go, let me know the details.
Posted By: BDhunts

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 07:17 PM

There are no places to hunt in Kansas, totally a waste of your time... Trust me!!!

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BDhunts
There are no places to hunt in Kansas, totally a waste of your time... Trust me!!!

What part of Kansas are you hunting?

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 07:44 PM

LOL!!! If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya... smile

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 07:46 PM

I can't say until after Friday grin

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 07:51 PM

LOL!!! If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya... smile

Haha. That's what I figured.
Posted By: jeffpike83

Re: Indiana public land - 04/22/14 09:35 PM

Check out Hoosier forest or brown county state park we stay down the road but never hunted it see tons of deer every time I'm there
Posted By: Grasshopper

Re: Indiana public land - 04/25/14 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffpike83
Check out Hoosier forest or brown county state park we stay down the road but never hunted it see tons of deer every time I'm there

Is this in ohio? I'm looking at both Indiana and Ohio
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Indiana public land - 04/25/14 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Grasshopper

Originally Posted By: jeffpike83

Is this in ohio? I'm looking at both Indiana and Ohio

Indiana
Posted By: BuckSlayer84

Re: Indiana public land - 04/29/14 07:31 AM

I hunt on private land just outside Hoosier forest, and there is alot of deer there. I believe Indiana is a sleeper state that will produce some really big deer in the next few years. If you go to hunt up there, hunt the last week of bow season just before firearm comes in.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM