Aldeer.com

perdido river

Posted By: dburgett

perdido river - 01/22/14 10:06 AM

anyone having any luck at perdido river wma?. looking to ride out there on the gun hunt this weekend. loco
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 10:41 AM

This is probably the only hunt of the entire season worth going to. Should be a few bucks killed.
Posted By: DeepSouthHunter

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 10:55 AM

I'll be there but I haven't had any luck there this year. I scouted it all day Sunday and really didn't see any signs of chasing yet. That doesn't mean that there isn't any going on, just that I didn't see any signs of it. Have you scouted it any yourself?
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: scrubbuck
This is probably the only hunt of the entire season worth going to. Should be a few bucks killed.

I agree.

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: swamp_fever2002
Originally Posted By: scrubbuck

I agree.

How about sharing some of your old honey holes? thumbup

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: DeepSouthHunter
I'll be there but I haven't had any luck there this year. I scouted it all day Sunday and really didn't see any signs of chasing yet. That doesn't mean that there isn't any going on, just that I didn't see any signs of it. Have you scouted it any yourself?

yes i have, ill be going up to the granny jones area, my old hunting club borders that side of the wma. i aint hiding any holes. the state took about 4000 acres of a club i was in that was when the wma first started. some fine areas up by nelson branch and granny jones rd.

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 11:18 AM

I mainly hunt around the nelson branch area and have scouted around granny jones rd in years past but never hunted that area. Good luck to you this weekend!

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 11:26 AM

most of them food plots around granny jones and nelson was made by our club we was in, gates wood hunting club. the state planted a few this year i think i always had luck on them during pre rut
Posted By: auburn17

Re: perdido river - 01/22/14 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DeepSouthHunter

I live just on the other side of Perdido River from the WMA, they are chasing here
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 06:38 AM

Have you personally seen bucks chasing does? If so that is the earliest I've heard of the chasing down here. The earliest I've seen wide open full blown rut around here is January 28th. Not saying I don't believe ya it's just early. From what I hear though they have been early everywhere in LA this year. And yeah Donald, show us some of your spots man. You are a Yankee now.

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 07:47 AM

i hunted all 4000 acres of our old club land for 6 years. id see them chasing about this time every year til the state bought the land and it started getting pressured. it aint like it use to be anymore
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 09:23 AM

No it sure aint. I've got a few spots out there that I could kill deer in every year, but only the first week of the season. After that u can hang it up.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 09:37 AM

I have hunted a place on the Fla. side since the 70s. I don't think we ever saw much of a rut till we started muzzleloader hunting in Feb. years ago.

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 09:43 AM

it sure is some pretty land, the state needs to burn some off to keep all that brush down or at least go in and spray it
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: slippinlipjr
And yeah Donald, show us some of your spots man. You are a Yankee now.

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: dburgett
it sure is some pretty land, the state needs to burn some off to keep all that brush down or at least go in and spray it

They have burned quite a bit this past year. They have also clear cut quite a bit as well.

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 10:00 AM

granny jones rd thumbup

Re: perdido river - 01/23/14 10:32 AM

I can picture granny jones rd in my head but where is it on the permit map? Is it that loop in the top left corner of block 35 past Nelson Branch?

Re: perdido river - 01/25/14 10:27 PM

Well I missed a spike yesterday evening and had 3 bucks chase a doe behind my stand today not offering a shot so it was a good weekend but no deer on the ground. How did you do dburgett?

Re: perdido river - 01/26/14 01:19 AM

i didn't make it in there saturday. looking to head up there in the morning and do a all day hunt
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: perdido river - 01/26/14 09:45 PM

May want to stick close to home. This one was killed in elberta a couple days ago.
Posted By: derekb

Re: perdido river - 02/07/14 11:25 AM

I can't believe it but there has been some big deer killed in elberta this year but more hogs showing up...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM