Aldeer.com

Coffee/dale county rut

Posted By: JR44

Coffee/dale county rut - 01/12/14 03:34 PM

Has anybody seen any signs of rut in the coffee/dale county area yet?
Posted By: huntbig

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/12/14 05:27 PM

None yet in coffee county. Should start putting down scrapes this week

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/12/14 10:22 PM

That's what I figured. I'll be hunting the 16th thru the end of the season. Where in Coffee co are you hunting?
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 01:22 PM

theres a few tell tell signs that its starting as it does every year around this time..wont really go into high gear till feburary as usual.ill b glad when we get the season extension

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 01:54 PM

In elba along the pea river. Seen some fresh scrapes this morning

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 02:26 PM

Yeah I agree with a season extension and think it would do wonders for the rut. I got ya huntbig, I'm hunting in Clayhatchee along the Choctawhatchee River.
Posted By: Cletus

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 05:02 PM

I saw several fresh scrapes in coffee co the weekend after Christmas.......I actually moved a camera over one. But I agree, they are not chasing and should soon be getting hot. Should be chasing real good the first week of February. laugh
Posted By: PeaRiverCat

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 05:47 PM

Seen several fresh scrapes last week and after the rain Saturday my son and I watched a small buck clean the leaves out of a scrape 50yards in front of us. Also between 5 of us hunting we saw 2 young bucks running does in our food plots. But nothing real exciting here yet. We hunt just south of Elba on pea river.

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 09:43 PM

Looks like the young bucks are starting so hopefully the big boys aren't far behind
Posted By: TGray

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/13/14 11:48 PM

Saw little bucks chasing last week. North of Enterprise.

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/14/14 06:10 PM

Thanks Fellas. Keep updating as the season progresses and I'll do the same.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/15/14 10:07 AM

a new guy at our club shot doe yesterday n north coffee..she was definetly n heat. he said he watched her for 20 min and nothing was chasing.when she went to leave he shot her

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/15/14 11:27 AM

will be out hunting tomorrow morning...will update then and hopefully with some pics i put over a scrape line
Posted By: BradB

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/15/14 02:20 PM

Heading north tomorrow to Dale County to hunt till the fat lady sings. Hopefully I will have some input in the next coupla days.My cuz was out riding his 4 wheeler late last week and saw a nice 8 with a doe, so its probably starting.I just hope there is no 70 degree weather like there was last year during the last 2 weeks.

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/17/14 04:09 PM

Had a small basket buck chase two does out of a food plot last night. So hopefully the big boys will be joining in very soon

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/17/14 04:25 PM

We seen 3 different bucks chasing in a pasture we hunt. Nothing to big, a small 8, 6, and a spike. It was a good evening for seeing deer for us. Really starting to pick up

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/20/14 02:00 PM

some younger bucks seen chasing this weekend (spike, 4, and small 6). more bucks on trail cameras showing up....including this coffee county brute...

Posted By: TGray

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/20/14 05:26 PM

Mercy. The acreage I hunt has got a lot of scrapes that seemed to be getting lots of visits. Had a cowhorn chasing yesterday.
Posted By: Cletus

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/20/14 07:21 PM

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=828599#Post828599

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/20/14 08:59 PM

That's a good looking buck. I've had a few smaller bucks chasing but all the big boys are still showing up at night. The does on our land just aren't quite ready yet. Hopefully any day now

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/23/14 05:39 PM

Anybody have any updates?

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/23/14 07:10 PM

we have been seeing a few smaller bucks running does on the food plots. I am processsing on the side and have had 4 nice bucks brought to me that were stanky and necks swole up all killed in the late mornings chasing off yonger bucks. I had 5 does in my food plot this morning and had a mature looking 8 skirt the field but he never paid the does any attention. he wouldnt come close enough or he wouldnt have had to worry about a doe.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/23/14 07:19 PM

Scrapes and rubs where I've been, but no chasing or cruising. They aren't checking scrapes with regularity, either.
Posted By: frezznh2o

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/23/14 07:47 PM

Not much at our place but with only 8 days left it is about as good as its gonna get.
Posted By: CutNPurr

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/25/14 10:28 AM

Still not seeing any chasing or even bucks for that matter at our place in NE Coffee county. Hoping that will change today.

Re: Coffee/dale county rut - 01/25/14 11:18 AM

Same here cut. Just some does and fawns
© 2024 ALDEER.COM