Aldeer.com

field glasses

Posted By: Ryano

field glasses - 01/09/14 08:55 PM

I am in need of some binoculars. I have never owned a good pair but I can't ever get comfortable using any. I never can get good focus and I feel like I lose balance when looking through them. My question is why don't anyone use a monocular? I feel fine looking through my scope. I think I am going to carry a scope as a field glass to try it out. Any thoughts on this?
Posted By: 59Hunter

Re: field glasses - 01/09/14 09:15 PM

Have you tried a spotting scope?

Re: field glasses - 01/09/14 09:26 PM

I havent. I thought about it. I am going to carry a standard scope and if that works move to a small spotting scope.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: field glasses - 01/09/14 10:02 PM

What binos have you tried in the past??

Re: field glasses - 01/09/14 10:16 PM

Cheap bushnells. Other than squirrel hunting I've never needed them until this year. When I squirrel hunt by myself I take a shotgun and I feel drunk after trying to use them looking up.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: field glasses - 01/09/14 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryano
Cheap bushnells. Other than squirrel hunting I've never needed them until this year. When I squirrel hunt by myself I take a shotgun and I feel drunk after trying to use them looking up.

I have a pair of Leupold Yosemite, 8x30 I think. I've used cheap binos before, you get what you pay for. The Leupolds I have were a little over $100. Amazing how clear they are, no focus problems, and very lightweight which is a big plus.. I never leave the truck without em! Try em out before you give up on binos. Personally I've never liked Bushnell binos. I know some folks like em just fine, I have a Bushnell scope on my muzzleloader. But I've never been a fan of their binos.
Posted By: striker6126

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 12:11 AM

bushnell legend ultra hd 8x32 is the best I have used. I wear glasses and need a long eye relief.
Posted By: yelkca280

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 07:05 AM

257 weatherby has a nice pair of glasses in classifieds for a great price. I hated binos like you when I was fooling with budget binos. I went from $75 el cheap is to Swarovski all in one step and they are the most important piece of equipment I own. Once I started using binos on the stand I started seeing deer I would have never seen otherwise. You get to see bits and pieces at 200 and 300 yds. I would easily say that 40% of the deer I see on stand I first notice that slight movement or odd patch of brown or white through the binos. When that buck stops a few yards back in the edge of the cover before stepping out in open you already know he is there and usually have a good idea if he is shooter
Posted By: yelkca280

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 07:06 AM

I would sell a gun to foot the bino bill!!!

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: yelkca280
257 weatherby has a nice pair of glasses in classifieds for a great price. I hated binos like you when I was fooling with budget binos. I went from $75 el cheap is to Swarovski all in one step and they are the most important piece of equipment I own. Once I started using binos on the stand I started seeing deer I would have never seen otherwise. You get to see bits and pieces at 200 and 300 yds. I would easily say that 40% of the deer I see on stand I first notice that slight movement or odd patch of brown or white through the binos. When that buck stops a few yards back in the edge of the cover before stepping out in open you already know he is there and usually have a good idea if he is shooter

This

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: yelkca280
I would sell a gun to foot the bino bill!!!

and this
Posted By: Deadwood

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 01:03 PM

YEP!
Posted By: OlAlabama

Re: field glasses - 01/10/14 03:47 PM

It is much harder to steady your site picture using a monocular. Less field of view. Mostly poorer optics. If your getting dizzy and can't get focus with bino's you may have one side out of adjustment. Using a scope in the field would be a mistake. Unless stabilized by being mounted on a rifle it be almost impossible to use. My advise... a moderate priced 8x40 would do you purdy good in low light and give you a good field of view. Leupold, Nikon, maybe.

Originally Posted By: Ryano
I am in need of some binoculars. I have never owned a good pair but I can't ever get comfortable using any. I never can get good focus and I feel like I lose balance when looking through them. My question is why don't anyone use a monocular? I feel fine looking through my scope. I think I am going to carry a scope as a field glass to try it out. Any thoughts on this?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM