Aldeer.com

Baldwin County

Posted By: greimer

Baldwin County - 12/31/13 05:30 PM

Any reports out there...from what I have seen it has bee slow. I think and hope it is just the calm before the storm.
Posted By: Baybuzzard

Re: Baldwin County - 12/31/13 07:03 PM

There's a storm comin? confused
Posted By: quailman

Re: Baldwin County - 12/31/13 07:05 PM

Slower than a tick turd.

Re: Baldwin County - 12/31/13 07:52 PM

Sat all day Sun. And didn't see anything...only herd about 2 shots right at dark
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Baldwin County - 12/31/13 07:53 PM

It's still about 3 weeks away from being good here.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/01/14 02:35 PM

Looking forward to hunting in Feb. this year...hope the weather is good
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Baldwin County - 01/01/14 02:54 PM

Everybody I have talked to hasn't seen a deer on a club since saturday

Re: Baldwin County - 01/01/14 03:06 PM

What Club?

Re: Baldwin County - 01/01/14 03:09 PM

Few clubs around Stapleton.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Baldwin County - 01/01/14 04:58 PM

My buddy hunted in Blacksher yesterday and saw a young buck a doe and yearling. Out of four people hunting three saw deer.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/02/14 08:47 PM

Hope the cold weather might get them moving

Re: Baldwin County - 01/04/14 12:35 PM

Well got off work early yesterday and got out on a plot. Didn't see anything but did here some shots close.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/05/14 02:11 PM

Hunted last night with 0 seen. Did have a pic of a buck (at night) with his glands getting black
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Baldwin County - 01/05/14 04:22 PM

Have found a few scrapes, but also pics of mature bucks still running together in north Baldwin
Posted By: bigt

Re: Baldwin County - 01/05/14 04:27 PM

Good thing for the February season looks like we going to need it down here.....

Re: Baldwin County - 01/06/14 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bigt
Good thing for the February season looks like we going to need it down here.....

I agree...it looks like everything has been alittle slow this year even with the colder temps so far
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Baldwin County - 01/07/14 08:42 PM

Guy off boatyard road has been wearing them out with the high water. He took my buddy yesterday and they killed 1 6pt, missed another, killed a doe and saw 2 more bucks.
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Baldwin County - 01/07/14 10:17 PM

Friends father killed one today. A six with four On one side that was cruising. Came in a green patch at 3 and never took a bite. Walked in then around the edge of the patch then was just about to leave.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Baldwin County - 01/08/14 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: jsh1904
Guy off boatyard road has been wearing them out with the high water. He took my buddy yesterday and they killed 1 6pt, missed another, killed a doe and saw 2 more bucks.

What guy?
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Baldwin County - 01/08/14 08:28 AM

I grew up hunting around Holley Creek as a kid. One of the old men in the club used to grab me at midday, and we'd go hop in his limblining boat. We'd go around to the "islands" created by the backwater, and he'd let me shoot the heck out of 'em. Like fish in a barrel. Had no idea it was illegal to do so at the time, and it's still illegal today.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/08/14 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: teamduckdown

What guy?

The kids name is Lawson, not sure of a last name. His dad is the one that leases the property, only about 100 acres.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Baldwin County - 01/08/14 10:26 PM

Gotcha. I know a guy with 104 acres down boatyard. But he doesn't have a son.
Posted By: 270wsm

Re: Baldwin County - 01/09/14 09:12 AM

Is he on the north or south side of Boatyard?

Re: Baldwin County - 01/12/14 08:52 PM

well another night of nothing...I did hear a lot more shots to night and somebody in the club shot a small buck yesterday. I this is a sign of things picking up
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Baldwin County - 01/12/14 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: greimer
well another night of nothing...I did hear a lot more shots to night and somebody in the club shot a small buck yesterday. I this is a sign of things picking up

give it another week and things will start to pick up. 2 more weeks and it will really start picking up.
Posted By: DeepSouthHunter

Re: Baldwin County - 01/13/14 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: greimer

I'm kinda glad to read this. I wasn't able to make it out this weekend so I was hoping that I wasn't going to get on here and read that they broke loose in Baldwin County this weekend. I didn't expect to really but it seems like I always miss the really good weekends in January for one reason or another.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/13/14 12:14 PM

I shot a 7pt Saturday at 3:45 checkin out does. Scrapes are everywhere now. I think we might see some chasing in January now that we have a season extension.
Posted By: Jackmcbrax

Re: Baldwin County - 01/13/14 05:45 PM

I am hunting just N of Baldwin county line.Green patches have been showing very little to no deer activity.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/13/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jackmcbrax
I am hunting just N of Baldwin county line.Green patches have been showing very little to no deer activity.

Sounds like our place in Clark county

Re: Baldwin County - 01/14/14 09:08 PM

Well this weekends weather is looking good after all the rain and hot temps. we have been getting on the weekends for the working man.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/19/14 10:49 AM

Didn't see anything in the morning and it was very quiet. the afternoon I saw...5 4 does and a spike but he was chasing the first 3 does. also herd some chasing through the woods. In our club the have killed 5 bucks over the last 8 days and 3 over the last 3 days. they were all checking does and in rut.

Re: Baldwin County - 01/29/14 10:40 AM

Don't know about any one else in Baldwin County but I am glad that we have 10 more days this year. Things seemed to pick up alittle put last weekend it was slow again
Posted By: dburgett

Re: Baldwin County - 01/29/14 08:09 PM

picking up in north baldwin and around perdido wma, gateswood area

Re: Baldwin County - 01/31/14 06:41 PM

That's good to hear...hunt right up the road and it just seems to me to be on the very beginning stages of the rut.

Re: Baldwin County - 02/01/14 09:54 AM

I had a big buck run a doe across my front yard last night.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM