Posted By: Coe

Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 01:39 PM

http://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2013/12/19/thats-a-big-deer/
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 02:09 PM

WOWIE!!
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 02:28 PM

Jeez, What a deer. Non typical that deer will make B&C.
Posted By: Coe

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 02:33 PM

what's weird is the part about changing bullets to a bullet he “thought would do the most damage.”

would like to know what this means?
Posted By: Bamajoz

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 02:38 PM

my hands woulda been shaking like an epileptic with parkinsons...there would be no way I coulda changed bullets...
Posted By: Ames

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 02:59 PM

Yeah, I always carry two different grain bullets with me to the stand.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 03:19 PM

That's a weird story.
Posted By: forten

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 04:08 PM

Different grain bullets are not going shoot the same, in my experience with guns. Great buck
Posted By: 10buck2

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 04:11 PM

GOODUN!!!
Posted By: James

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 04:50 PM

Nice.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 05:10 PM

What size bullet do you shoot in a 300 wsm that don't have plenty of stopping power.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Coe
what's weird is the part about changing bullets to a bullet he “thought would do the most damage.”

I always load my gun with the bullets that I think will do the least damage. I prefer to only kind of kill them, not really kill them dead.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 05:16 PM

goodun!
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/20/13 05:20 PM

Full grown.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 12:26 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: spy

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 01:20 AM

Very nice
Posted By: 7MM-08

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 09:15 AM

This is exactly how things can be misconstrued at the hands of the media. Read the story again carefully, and focus on the things that we are told that the hunter actually said (ie, the phrases in quotation marks.)

To me, this is a story written (and slightly embellished) by a reporter who really doesn't understand deer hunting but DOES know to ask Who? What? When? Where? Why?

The guy never says he chose the bullet in the deer stand from a selection of cartridges he was carrying. I'll almost guarantee you the interview went like this:

"So, what type of bullet did you use?" (Reporter thinking this to be a pertinent question, like asking an angler what type of bait he used to land a trophy fish.)

"165 gr blah blah blah"

(Technicalities just went over reporter's head, so he asks what he thinks is a logical follow up:) "Why did you choose THAT bullet?"

Old man, being polite, "Thought it would do the most damage."

Reporter then goes back to office and composes this riveting sentence from the "facts" collected:

Quote:
The seasoned hunter reached for a 165 grain .300 Winchester Short Magnum, the bullet he “thought would do the most damage.” He lined up his scope and squeezed the trigger on his custom-built Remington .300 rifle.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 09:21 AM

Sounds logical 08. I sure would like to hear it from him though. That part of the story is just crazy. Dang fine buck though.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: 7MM-08

This is exactly how things can be misconstrued at the hands of the media. Read the story again carefully, and focus on the things that we are told that the hunter actually said (ie, the phrases in quotation marks.)

To me, this is a story written (and slightly embellished) by a reporter who really doesn't understand deer hunting but DOES know to ask Who? What? When? Where? Why?

The guy never says he chose the bullet in the deer stand from a selection of cartridges he was carrying. I'll almost guarantee you the interview went like this:

"So, what type of bullet did you use?" (Reporter thinking this to be a pertinent question, like asking an angler what type of bait he used to land a trophy fish.)

"165 gr blah blah blah"

(Technicalities just went over reporter's head, so he asks what he thinks is a logical follow up:) "Why did you choose THAT bullet?"

Old man, being polite, "Thought it would do the most damage."

Reporter then goes back to office and composes this riveting sentence from the "facts" collected:

Quote:
The seasoned hunter reached for a 165 grain .300 Winchester Short Magnum, the bullet he “thought would do the most damage.” He lined up his scope and squeezed the trigger on his custom-built Remington .300 rifle.

Kinda what I thought too. Never heard of anyone carrying a variety pack of bullets and swapping bullets in the stand at the moment of truth. A "seasoned hunter" sure as heck wouldn't do it.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 01:14 PM

WOW!!
Posted By: oakachoy

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/21/13 08:47 PM

how much do you think that buck would score, any idea's?
Posted By: sidehitter

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/22/13 08:35 AM

Helluva buck, congrats young man
Posted By: foghorn

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/22/13 09:40 AM

great buck! story does seem a little weird to me too!
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/22/13 02:41 PM

That is indeed a buck of a lifetime.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/22/13 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: mike35549
What size bullet do you shoot in a 300 wsm that don't have plenty of stopping power.

This
Posted By: rkt

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/23/13 08:17 PM

What that means is he rolled the window down and grabbed his 30 small instead of the 22mag.
Posted By: rkt

Re: Monster Buck killed in Coosa County - 12/23/13 08:19 PM

300wsm instead of 22 mag
© 2024 ALDEER.COM