Aldeer.com

Best grunt call

Posted By: bigwoody

Best grunt call - 11/19/13 11:52 AM

Which grunt have you guys had the most luck with.
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 12:10 PM

Ezy-grunter-extreme
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 12:11 PM

Rod Benson
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 12:56 PM

Buck Roar! grin
Posted By: James

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 12:59 PM

The old tru-talker
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 01:38 PM

Grunt calls don't work but if you want one that sounds good, check out Broadway's grunt call. Made here in Montgomery by Johnny Broadway. Best sounding grunt I've ever heard. Again, none of them work but they do sound good and gives you something to do in the stand besides playing with the twig and berries.

Dr. B
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 01:41 PM

Tru talker is a good one
Posted By: bigwoody

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 02:04 PM

If they don't work how do you know it sounds goods
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 02:05 PM

Woodhaven made here in Bama.
Posted By: buzzard

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 02:17 PM

x2 on woodhaven

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Grunt calls don't work Again, none of them work but they do sound good and gives you something to do in the stand besides playing with the twig and berries.

Dr. B

You're kiddin' ,right?
Posted By: johnsong12

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Grunt calls don't work Again, none of them work but they do sound good and gives you something to do in the stand besides playing with the twig and berries.

Dr. B

You're kiddin' ,right?

x2. Ive killed several deer thanks to a grunt call! Ive had a no freeze quaker boy call for years that i love.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: bigwoody

I have one and it sounds exactly like a buck grunt. But grunt calls don't work in Alabama. wink

Dr. B
Posted By: t123winters

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: bigwoody

I have one and it sounds exactly like a buck grunt. But grunt calls don't work in Alabama. wink

Dr. B
Neither do turkey calls,better throw all of them things away,and sit around playing with twigs and berries.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 08:52 PM

Used a Flextone(has snort wheeze and buck, doe, and fawn call) after practicing with it and trying different things to get the sound I wanted it worked really well last season but the reed would freeze up, going to try the Extinguisher this year, sounds more realistic, and has the slide to unfreeze the reed, it got old quick having to take the other one apart to free up the reed.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 09:24 PM

Hair comb and your finger nail is all you need, most of you probably have heard the sound but never realized what was making it. Speak up if you know what I am talking about.

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 09:41 PM

I think I'm with ya. There used to be a call made similar to what you're describing.
Posted By: skintback

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 09:48 PM

I've had several, but I like the ease of the primos buck roar even though I've never used the roar. You can blow it louder on windy days and it doesn't change pitches like some do.

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 10:48 PM

I think I'm with ya. There used to be a call made similar to what you're describing.

Knight and Hale made the call back in the 70's or early 80's I don't remember the name of the call but I wish I still had one. Most hunters would think they are hearing some kind of frog or loud bug. But in all actuality they are hearing a buck following a estrous doe or searching for an estrous doe. Only one person I have ever heard duplicate the call with their mouth and that is a lady. I will post the video if you want me too.
Posted By: t123winters

Re: Best grunt call - 11/19/13 10:57 PM

I remember the call you are talking about.

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Knight and Hale made the call back in the 70's or early 80's I don't remember the name of the call but I wish I still had one. Most hunters would think they are hearing some kind of frog or loud bug. But in all actuality they are hearing a buck following a estrous doe or searching for an estrous doe. Only one person I have ever heard duplicate the call with their mouth and that is a lady. I will post the video if you want me too.

Post it Swampy.

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 07:37 AM

Posted By: labowhunter

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 09:36 AM

I like the tru talker the best. I had a call in the mid 80s call "the clicker". Was a simple little box with a white plastic cog wheel that had a small wooden stick that "clicked" in the cogs as you turned it. Worked wonders and caused several bucks to go belly up. Didnt understand it at the time. Old man told me about it way back in the day.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 09:52 AM

Is that video from south Texas or Florida? Leaves on one tree look south Texasish.
Posted By: 280Rem.

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: swamp_fever2002
Hair comb and your finger nail is all you need, most of you probably have heard the sound but never realized what was making it. Speak up if you know what I am talking about.

I know exactly what your talking about. First time I heard it,I thought it was a frog. A few minutes later a buck pushed a doe out of the pines I was in.
Posted By: Leprechaun24

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 05:38 PM

Woodwise has a call named the clicker buck
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best grunt call - 11/20/13 09:32 PM

I like the old tru talker myself
© 2024 ALDEER.COM