Aldeer.com

Best WMA bucks ?

Posted By: Bamahunter308

Best WMA bucks ? - 11/14/13 04:09 PM

Who has kill a good buck on Alabama public land ? My best buck was a small 8pt (100 inch) on lauderdale WMA about 8 years ago, it was cold and windy I was setting in the back of the beaver swamp on "Man-bone " road I saw about 7-8 does come out of the pines about 8:30 that morning and filter right by me I almost shot one of them but didn't they were huge 130 pounders i watched them walk up the other side of the holler, were I heard gunfire, so I figured half them were killed. So I sat there there thinking I should have shot one of them the rest of the morning I started to climb down got about 5 feet from bottom of the tree when the 8 pt I shot came out of pines and was walking away from me my gun was on the ground I had lowered it , I pulled it up got it load but dropped the mag out but still had a round in the tube I fired and got him but damn I was shaking like crazy my best wma hunt . If y'all got one post it & pics if you got them
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/14/13 06:20 PM

There are deer on WMA's? That's news to me.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/14/13 06:33 PM

My biggest deer was killed about a mile from a WMA on Nat. Forest Land. 240lb. 10pt. This deer was making scrapes in October. Killed him on Thanksgiving day as he was urinating on his hocks.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/14/13 09:14 PM

Mine was killed on oakamulgee a few years back. I hunted all day trying to shoot a deer. Had a few does come by early no shot and moved 150 yds around lunch. After climbing new tree had a deer come by and no shot then some hogs came in and wallowed in a tree stump no shot. Finally climbed down too stalk hogs with no luck got back in stand. At 4:00 heard what I thought was a squirrel and saw a rack crossing below me about 120 yds. Put the bullet where it counted and had a 9 point on the ground double brow tines on one side could be called a 10. I'll post picks in the morn. [img:center]http://[/img] [img:center]http://[/img]
Posted By: Tmacfire

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/14/13 09:56 PM

Killed a 205lb 8pt scored 130+" on Cahaba a few years back. Cant figure out how to put a pic in.
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/14/13 09:58 PM

december 2011 from cahaba WMA

december 2012 cahaba WMA

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/15/13 01:48 AM

Posted By: quailman

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/15/13 07:33 AM

Couple of Blue Spring Bucks.

Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/15/13 08:02 AM

thumbup
Posted By: aldoghunter

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/15/13 03:40 PM

Not mine,a buddy killed this fine buck at Scotch WMA a few years ago.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/15/13 06:03 PM

Scotch used have some studs killed on it when I hunted up there.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Best WMA bucks ? - 11/15/13 06:11 PM

Both from the NF about 100yds from each other in consecutive seasons.

© 2024 ALDEER.COM