Aldeer.com

Which type of boots do you use?

Posted By: Possum Hunter

Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 08:54 AM

Looking for some new boots! Gonna try lace ups.... I have always used muck then tryed lacrosse rubber boots but both make my feet sweat really bad so any suggestions would be awesome.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 09:34 AM

This is a bit off the subject, but try some Fits brand socks when you find boots you like.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 09:40 AM

I wear my old Danner Pronghorns all the time. If you have sweaty feet try spraying them down with an anti-perspirant before you put your socks on. Your feet will not be as cold either.
Posted By: bill

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 09:58 AM

A good liner sock and a good merino wool sock will greatly reduce wet and cold feet.
Posted By: hollywud20

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 10:55 AM

I've tried lots of boots. I've settled on gear guide 15" side zip. Waterproof,breathable, and comfortable. I've had Rockies, lacrosse, Irish setters. I'm on my2nd pair and they are on their 5 th year
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 11:23 AM

Depends, are they more for walking/stalking, early season stand hunting, or stand hunting in very cold temps?
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: bill
A good liner sock and a good merino wool sock will greatly reduce wet and cold feet.

Be sure to read the ingredients on the sock wrapper also and get ones that are at least 80% merino wool
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
I wear my old Danner Pronghorns all the time. If you have sweaty feet try spraying them down with an anti-perspirant before you put your socks on. Your feet will not be as cold either.

No matter what I hunt in I spray with unscented or use a stick. I even use it when not hunting. Overuse will cause my feet to crack but one application helps for several days. You will not believed the difference. I hunt in 1000 gram Columbia rubber or 1500 gram lacrosse.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 12:35 PM

I have a pair of Under Armour slip on boots that I love. They aren't as hot as Mucks and my feet don't sweat as bad.
Posted By: bebo33

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 12:39 PM

Dream Season for early season and Muck boots for colder weather. I will say the 1st pair of Dream Season I bought lasted a lot longer than this pair.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 12:51 PM

Lacrosse Rubber uninsulated...
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 01:48 PM

I bought a pair of "Nevados" from The Sportsmans Guide that are made of neoprene. They wear better than any pair of boots I have ever worn in my life. I put wool liners in them when the weather starts to cool, and then I go to Muck Boots Arctic Sport when it is frigid. Works good for me.
Posted By: cutter81

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 03:02 PM

Used Muck for years but bought a pair of Boggs last year. So far happy with them too
Posted By: truedouble

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: bill

yup

wear danner pronhorn 1200
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/21/13 11:12 PM

I strictly wear Irish Setter.
Got a pair of rubber Rut Masters and an older pair which is a leather and camo style that was discontinued. Both are very comfortable and durable.
Posted By: Bamahunter308

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/22/13 07:45 AM

Lacross rubber snake boots till December then go to my mucks to finish it out then back to the Lacross for turkey
Posted By: jbsbama

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/23/13 04:28 PM

Lacrosse Aeroheads 18"
Posted By: locust

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/23/13 05:47 PM

16" Rocky prolight snake boots for now. They are pretty comfortable out of the box, which was a pleasant surprise.
Posted By: TR

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/23/13 07:52 PM

Check out superlite.com for the lightest and comfortable rubber boots available. A lot like crocs material. Only used them 2 years but already got my money's worth. Still in good shape.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/23/13 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: TR
Check out superlite.com for the lightest and comfortable rubber boots available. A lot like crocs material. Only used them 2 years but already got my money's worth. Still in good shape.

I have some of these too and they were awesome for the first 3 years, but the beginning of the 4th year the sole separated from the bottom...I don't think they make them anymore as of last year when I tried to find some more to replace mine. Best lightweight rubber boot I've ever come across.
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/23/13 10:08 PM

Lacrosse Alpha mudlites and i love them so far
Posted By: AMB

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 09/24/13 07:36 AM

Some good lace up boots: http://www.schnees.com/category/Made-In-Montana-Pac-Boots
Posted By: RyanRogen

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 02:07 AM

Timberland PRO Men’s Endurance is one of the best boots on the market . Nicely designed, with durable features such as a safety-toe, non-slip rubber outer sole, plus, anti-fatigue technology make these boots stand up to just about anything. Not only are they comfortable and great for those with back and knee problems, the 8” shaft offers substantial support for your ankles. However, I would suggest selecting half a size larger than your average shoe size, as they tend to run small
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 07:34 AM

Rocky lace ups, lacross rubber boots
Posted By: johnv

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 08:19 AM

I won't ever buy anything except danner when it comes to slip on boots. Rockys are crap nowadays.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 08:36 AM

Lacrosse Grange with normal socks. Boot blankets if needed.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: johnv
I won't ever buy anything except danner when it comes to slip on boots. Rockys are crap nowadays.

Rockys have been crap for a long time.
Posted By: D Wilborn

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 10:23 AM

This is not a lace up, but in my opinion, the best hunting boot made. I've been dealing with hunting boots for over 25 years. The KAMIK boot by Gen Boot company is similar to the Muck, but built a lot better with no glued on soles. Made in the USA and sell for $89.95.
Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 05:31 PM

Irish setter and Lacrosse leather boots are my favs.I can't wear rubber boots my heel is way too skinny.
Posted By: JUSTIN37HUNT

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 10:21 PM

I do some cheap Academy rubber:neoprene boots when the temps are above 70* and Muck Woody Max when it's colder. No matter the boot or temp, I do knee high thin synthetic blend socks. I always take the boots off immediately after the hunt and don't put them back on til I'm headed back to the stand. I've found this is the best combo of dry (sweat and rain/creeks), scent free, warmth footwear for my type of hunting.
Posted By: Invmp12

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/25/17 10:45 PM

My daughter bought me a pair of Cabela's lace up like the L.L.Bean boot. They are the 60's throw back they offered for a limited time. I love them.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/26/17 06:04 AM

Merrill hikers mostly. Sometimes Chippewa pull on snake boots. Danner pronghorn insulated in cold weather. Only wear rubber Muck boots if I'm hunting in swamps and will be walking through water.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/26/17 08:00 AM

I used LL Bean's for over 20 years, but the summer heat finally got to me and I had to change. I have used Danner Pronghorn's since then, wish I had of bought them a long time ago.
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/26/17 08:06 AM

Nice bump
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/26/17 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: RyanRogen
Timberland PRO Men’s Endurance is one of the best boots on the market . Nicely designed, with durable features such as a safety-toe, non-slip rubber outer sole, plus, anti-fatigue technology make these boots stand up to just about anything. Not only are they comfortable and great for those with back and knee problems, the 8” shaft offers substantial support for your ankles. However, I would suggest selecting half a size larger than your average shoe size, as they tend to run small

I will never buy Timberlands due to their financial support of anti-hunting organizations.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/26/17 09:40 PM

Lacrosse lace up made like LL beans. They seem to last longer for me than beans. Not many people carry them. Found a pair last year at big daddy's in Bridgeport
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 03/27/17 07:37 PM

Irish setter lace ups. Kamik slip ons
Posted By: exciteman

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/03/17 11:20 PM

I wear a cheap pair of insulated boots from Wal-Mart with thin socks. My feet stay warm with very little sweat. Good thing that I couldn't afford expensive boots.
Posted By: Snowman257wby

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/04/17 12:15 AM

For deer season Muck Woody max & wetlands. For turkey season or working in the woods (anytime snakes are out) some sort of snake boots currently i have danner stedfast
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/04/17 03:24 PM

I purchased a pair of Danner Snake boots in Jan of 2015. They lasted about 7 months. I sent them back and Danner sent me a new pair. I started using them last Feb. They lasted until Oct.

I purchased a pair of Irish Setter snake boots this Jan. So far, they are awesome. My feet are staying dry.

I am not bashing Danner. I hunted around 100 days in each pair of my Danners. That is probably years worth for most folks. They were constantly getting wet every weekend. I am hard on boots.
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/04/17 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: D Wilborn
This is not a lace up, but in my opinion, the best hunting boot made. I've been dealing with hunting boots for over 25 years. The KAMIK boot by Gen Boot company is similar to the Muck, but built a lot better with no glued on soles. Made in the USA and sell for $89.95.

Don't know who Dennis Wilborn is, but he is speaking the truth!!!
Posted By: 280AI_HAMMER

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/05/17 01:03 PM

If you wear your hunting boots in the truck with the heater blowing on your feet you will be sweating and not realize it. I change into a pair of freash dry socks before hunting seems to help me stay warm
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/11/17 07:56 PM

I'd rather go in sneakers than to waste my money on Lacrosse boots. They come apart and there goes your $100+ boots!

Again, what Dennis said. Those are good boots. I bought some last year as soon as the salesman told me they were not layers glued together.
Posted By: Gary08

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/11/17 11:01 PM

This year I hunted mainly in sperrys but those 3 cold days we had I wore my lacrosse alpha burlys and won't ever own anything but them. Mine are 4 years old and one sole is coming loose. Supper glue will eliminate that problem.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/12/17 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: D Wilborn

Yep, the Kamik boots are a good value. I got my first pair a couple of years ago and really like how they wore. Found them on sale last year for $59.99 and bought another pair. After wearing mine my son bought a pair of them and threw his Mucks in the trash.
Posted By: rocco_1995

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/12/17 08:32 PM

Danner pronghorn are the best boots I've owned. Be careful with Rocky boots. The ones I bought have cheap Chinese rubber on the soles. The deer started winding me the few times I wore them, so I went back to the Danners and never had another problem.
Posted By: muddyfeet

Re: Which type of boots do you use? - 04/12/17 09:18 PM

I bought some schnees last year,and wish I had done it a lot sooner. They're pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I walk a lot in deer season, sometimes up to a mile one way. My feet didn't get cold one time which was a first for me.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM