Aldeer.com

Is it gonna rain?

Posted By: TatSoul

Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 08:40 PM

Man im getting worried.no rain on my place in 3 weeks.I sure hope this trend dont continue.I was going to plant this weekend but now im worried to.Anyone else have any plans for planting?
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 08:46 PM

We've been holding off till the last week of Sept/ first of October for the last few years and it has worked well for us. September is usually the driest month of the year here.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 08:51 PM

I plan on planting this weekend.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs

X2
Posted By: Squadron

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 09:05 PM

I started planting Saturday and praying for rain. I hope to have everything planted in the next 2 weeks.
Posted By: TatSoul

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 09:08 PM

I analyzed the ncep map and it looks like sat and sat night a front is moving down and it looks like some areas might get 3 inches.Im going to go thursday and get it all done.Be nice if we got a pile of rain sat and sat night.
http://coolwx.com/cgi-bin/getptype.cgi?region=us&model=gfs&run=00&fhr=99&field=ptype
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 09:27 PM

well we have planted plots for years at my place. They seem to come up every year it's just quicker sometimes than others. but maybe Alabama will get a drink of water
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: metalmuncher

X2

x3..... We are regardless......
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker
Originally Posted By: metalmuncher

X2

x3..... We are regardless......

I started discing today hope to have the seed in 6 plots by Thursday!
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/16/13 10:49 PM

They got most of the plots bush hogged this weekend and will probably start with the off set disc next week. I think we will end up with close to 40 food plots. Use a spreader truck to put out the mixed seed and fertilizer.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/17/13 05:43 AM

We are not planning on planting until the second week of October down here.....
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/17/13 07:23 AM

Got mine planted last Friday....finished about 5pm and then a rain shower came and lasted for about 45 min. A cool front is supposed to come thru Saturday along with some good rain. This should give a good start to mine.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/17/13 07:43 AM

I am hoping for sat evening or sat night since we are going to plant sat.
Posted By: glenncmp

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/17/13 08:39 AM

starting Friday and should be through Saturday... Hope that rain does come through Sat night!!!
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/17/13 09:06 AM

Gonna try and get ours planted Saturday as well. WE have already bushhogged and broke the ground so all I will have to do is run the finish disc over it and put the seed down. Hoping for rain either during the day or that night.
Posted By: Fleahopmayor

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/17/13 09:30 AM

We never plant before the first weekend in October. To many things that can go wrong with an early plant and that always gets expensive.
Posted By: Blackhawk

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/20/13 11:03 PM

Big T good to see you online, brother that makes me feel like you eye is better, which i hope it is, i am still prayingfor you .it is raining now and will all night plus tomorrow and next tuesday. thumbup
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/20/13 11:49 PM

We planting next weekend. Went to camp last weekend....bone dry. Sure home we get some rain SOON.
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/21/13 02:37 AM

Pouring down rain right now in west tuscaloosa. Good for those who already have seed in the ground.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/21/13 06:54 AM

Yes
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/21/13 07:03 AM

Yep, coming a soaker in Ol' Hi Jackson. Hustled up, got my planting finished yesterday. smile
Posted By: James

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/21/13 10:11 AM

Umm yes!

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/21/13 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Blackhawk
Big T good to see you online, brother that makes me feel like you eye is better, which i hope it is, i am still prayingfor you .it is raining now and will all night plus tomorrow and next tuesday. thumbup

Thanks Blackhawk!I am doing a lot better. My vision is close to it's previous status. I will be going to the doctor pretty regular for awhile as there is a chance it could detach again during the healing process, but hopefully by mid November I will be released to live life as normal. I really appreciate the prayers!

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/21/13 10:59 AM

Oh and yes it is raining here too....
Posted By: glenncmp

Re: Is it gonna rain? - 09/22/13 01:08 PM

got our seed in the ground friday!!!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM