Aldeer.com

Info on Wanye County, MS

Posted By: North Bama

Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/16/10 12:59 PM

Has anyone ever hunted in Wayne County, MS? I'll be hunting in the area for the first time at the end of December.
Posted By: extreme_heights

Re: Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/16/10 09:03 PM

yep. i hunt there atleast twice a year and i hunted there for 4 years fairly heavy. lots of pretty land lots of deer. i hunt in waynesboro and did a little bit of hunting in mathersville. tons of white oaks and hard woods. i never killed any huge bucks but they are there. Last season i seen the darkest deer of my life. Young 6 point and i almost shot him just because of his color. The main problem i have with hunting there is the same problem i have everywhere i hunt. the mature bucks go nocturnal pretty quick!

good luck and wear your safety harness
Posted By: 300 ATLAS

Re: Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/17/10 02:16 AM

Rut should Kick off around Christmas. It will be wide open the last week of December. Mean Conception date for Wayne Co. is Jan. 17th.
Posted By: buckgrunt14

Re: Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/17/10 02:56 AM

live 20 miles from there. some awesome woods in all areas of wayne co. especially around the bucatunna river swamps.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/17/10 11:04 AM

Hunted at Tara back in Nov. 2000 and Nov. 2001. Saw some great bucks and took a big 7pt. in '01. You ought to catch the rut action just right.
Posted By: North Bama

Re: Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/17/10 01:47 PM

Appreciate the replies. This is the first time that I will be hunting out of state, so I am hoping to have some luck and see a lot of deer. Also, I am hoping to kill my first hog.
Posted By: extreme_heights

Re: Info on Wanye County, MS - 12/17/10 11:46 PM

have you checked into the license? $384.00 with archery permit if i remember correctly
© 2024 ALDEER.COM