Aldeer.com

All Day Sit Question

Posted By: jlmustain

All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 04:45 PM

I know this isn't necessarily dinner table conversation, but when you think about what we do when we field dress, I don't know what's over the line for us! Ha!

What do you y'all do when you have to go to the bathroom on an all day sit? I'm not talking about taking a leak, either. That one's easy. My "morning constitution" comes like clockwork, especially with coffee and a little Copenhagen (two pretty valuable tools in a blind or on a tree stand). I know they're used to seeing that stuff on the ground in the woods, but I don't know that they're quite used to the smells and sight of a human born, sweaty monkey arm lying on the ground between a few pinecones.
Posted By: SVTErikD

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 04:47 PM

lol, this might get(more) disgustingly entertaining.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 04:53 PM

Go to the nearest dirt road n squat down in the middle of it. Then scratch the ground. Works for coyotes.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 05:02 PM

I take a half gallon freezer bag, well sometimes 2. Comes in handy because you can use one to store the TP in until you use it up.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 05:04 PM

Sitting all day or just for 3-4 hours Im going to have to go several times with my IBS so I consider myself a veteran on the subject. I have squated but its too uncomfortable for those longer "irregular" times when Im having issues so i have buckets at the shooting houses and in close vicinity to areas Ill be in. I carry wet wipes, TP and black trash bags. Poo in bag in bucket, tie up carry out on your way when you are done. Place under friends truck tool box.
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: TChunter
Sitting all day or just for 3-4 hours Im going to have to go several times with my IBS so I consider myself a veteran on the subject. I have squated but its too uncomfortable for those longer "irregular" times when Im having issues so i have buckets at the shooting houses and in close vicinity to areas Ill be in. I carry wet wipes, TP and black trash bags. Poo in bag in bucket, tie up carry out on your way when you are done. Place under friends truck tool box.

laughup

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 05:23 PM

Right on! As entertaining as this is, it's still giving me great ideas (especially the strategic prank disposal)!
Posted By: Morris

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 05:23 PM

Lmao. This will be a 15+ page thread.
Posted By: kkeith1957

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 05:39 PM

unsented baby wipes and dig a hole........
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 06:06 PM

find a log before you go in and make yourself dump. I typically eat somethin heavy and greasy before I go and by the time i get to the club I am ready to blow a hole through the floorboard of the truck. kinda primes the pumps to poo before I go out. just make sure you wipe good. no one likes the swamp A$$ for a 7-8 hour sit
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 06:06 PM

Make sure to use alcohol based wipes! grin
Posted By: fromthedepths

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 06:15 PM

How about just bury it

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
find a log before you go in and make yourself dump. I typically eat somethin heavy and greasy before I go and by the time i get to the club I am ready to blow a hole through the floorboard of the truck. kinda primes the pumps to poo before I go out. just make sure you wipe good. no one likes the swamp A$$ for a 7-8 hour sit

If I did that Id have to go home sick after hosing my truck out. I have a Very specific food/imodium regimen 2 days prior to going hunting.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 06:27 PM

If I did that Id have to go home sick after hosing my truck out. I have a Very specific food/imodium regimen 2 days prior to going hunting.

dayum!! sounds like you need to do some lookin for a doc
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 06:51 PM

I use to worry about the smell but after last year i no longer worry. Last january i was hunting in camden and this how it happened. I found a nice setup on the edge of a select cut over looking a 2 year old clearcut and i was about to take my climber off my back and it hit me. I back tracked as far as i could (50 yards) then i couldnt hold the prairie dog back anymore. Luckily i had half a roll of tp in my treestand bag. I down loaded and finished the paper work. I walk back to the tree i had picked out and hunted the rest of the afternoon. Next morning im headed back to the same tree and here we go again. I piled it up then got back in the tree. 1 hour later i killed a big 11 point.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 07:13 PM

Okay, I had no idea how educational this would be! My scat' vocabulary just doubled in size!
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 08:17 PM

Ya'll sound like first graders. Way to pic a topic.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 08:25 PM

had to drop off Gary Coleman's forearm one day and ended up covering it in dirt and scent stopper and still killed a doe that day.
Posted By: BassCat

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 08:58 PM

Man I love hunting as much as the next guy but I aint pooping in no bag in a tree or shooting house.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 09:02 PM

Last I checked human chit, cow chit, coyote chit all smelled like chit!!!! I think we sometimes over think hunting and make it way to complicated.
Posted By: rglock35

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 09:10 PM

Not me either. Every animal in the woods goes. I always take a partial roll of tp with me. Climb down or get out, birth it, climb back up or get back in and resume the hunt. Just watch your step on the way out.
Posted By: Fleahopmayor

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: joshm28
Last I checked human chit, cow chit, coyote chit all smelled like chit!!!! I think we sometimes over think hunting and make it way to complicated.

That's funny right there. Carry on.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 09:39 PM

Ive gone right out of my climber before and wiped with my glove, through it to the ground picked it up on the way out hosed it off through it in the washing machine and still use it. usually wouldnt go to these drastic measure or i as mentioned above for the most part dont like deer hunting that much, but in this situation i knew even if i did try and make it out of the woods to go i wasnt going to so i figured what the heck may as well relieve the pressure now. It gets me the worst though turkey hunting. i always carry chit tickets in my vest. i think it has to do with all the walking around encourging my digestion. in this case i usually just dig a hole.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 09:48 PM

Perch, you're welcome to press your "back" button. Last time I checked, no one is required to respond to anything. I asked a question I wanted some answers to, which, in my opinion, is the point of a forum. Our "chit" is filled with food the animals in the woods don't eat, so our smell is a bit more pungent and far-reaching than the pellets we have to scout for and rarely smell.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
I use to worry about the smell but after last year i no longer worry. Last january i was hunting in camden and this how it happened. I found a nice setup on the edge of a select cut over looking a 2 year old clearcut and i was about to take my climber off my back and it hit me. I back tracked as far as i could (50 yards) then i couldnt hold the prairie dog back anymore. Luckily i had half a roll of tp in my treestand bag. I down loaded and finished the paper work. I walk back to the tree i had picked out and hunted the rest of the afternoon. Next morning im headed back to the same tree and here we go again. I piled it up then got back in the tree. 1 hour later i killed a big 11 point.

I'm cryin at the descriptions here!! Effin halarious!

Dr. B
Posted By: smokeandbones

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 10:17 PM

Its like clockwork every morning I turn that gate key, I gotta drop a duece. So the set out pines near our gate is called the toilet. Well last January I was taking a push in my area and look up and notice that a buck had decided to make a rub line right through my bathroom. Its funny we are out in the woods worried all about being scent free and here a buck was working right through or chitter.
Posted By: Baybuzzard

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 10:45 PM

Grammer Police here...

One of these words is mis-spelled
Quote:
All Day Sit Question

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 10:54 PM

"I down loaded and finished the paper work." <--best line of the thread! Ha!

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 10:56 PM

Baybuzzard! I almost woke the baby up laughing at that!
Posted By: Baybuzzard

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 10:57 PM

But there are subtle nuances between the varities... and the deer may be able to tell

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 11:13 PM

Well, cows don't eat pizza and wings and drink beer. I'm telling ya, our stuff has to be a little different.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 11:26 PM

here is another one for ya. this afternoon i had to do a quick job close the farm so i took my son with me. (by job i mean work, not chit.) well we went by the farm to hang a camera and i just so happened to have a rifle with me. i was just about to ask him if he wanted to go sit in the shooting house till dark when he informed me that he need to poop. well he is only 7 and i didnt feel like teaching him today how to poo in the woods. so we loaded up and headed back so he could build his log cabin at home.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/08/13 11:26 PM

You lost me at all day sit - I don't want a deer that bad.

But I take a big dose of Metamucil at lunch every day, and as soon as I drink the second cup of coffee in the morning I am ready to get that chore out of the way for the day. Can't remember the last time I had to go in the woods; many years ago.

This will be my only participation in this thread. smile
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 12:43 AM

Some other filming friends of mine were hunting in KY one morning and they were filming out of climbers. The camera man (top guy) has to go. The hunter says he aint coming down and doesn't. It's the middle of the rut. The camera man pulls a garbage bag out of the camera bag and relieves himself. Hangs it from a limb for the Rest of the sit. Saw a 150" deer 30 min later. Same guy one time took a dump in the woods an didn't realize he had crapped in his coveralls hood until he put it back on. He has some great woods crapping stories.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: NortonZ7
Some other filming friends of mine were hunting in KY one morning and they were filming out of climbers. The camera man (top guy) has to go. The hunter says he aint coming down and doesn't. It's the middle of the rut. The camera man pulls a garbage bag out of the camera bag and relieves himself. Hangs it from a limb for the Rest of the sit. Saw a 150" deer 30 min later. Same guy one time took a dump in the woods an didn't realize he had crapped in his coveralls hood until he put it back on. He has some great woods crapping stories.

I knuckle bumped one once with my coverall straps and had to smell it all hunt.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: NortonZ7

I knuckle bumped one once with my coverall straps and had to smell it all hunt.

Are you saying your finger penetrated the paper? Please say no

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Baybuzzard

But there are subtle nuances between the varities... and the deer may be able to tell

I could be completely wrong but I don't think deer have the reasoning to smell chit and determine what wood that chit came from. Can you smell coyote chit and know what they ate?
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 01:17 AM

My problem is when I down load software I can shat through a screen door so to make sure I don't get any on me I have to get buck necked.
Really tough on bitter cold mornings so I try to get it done before I leave the house.
I would think a foreign order would spook a deer but then again maybe not.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 01:19 AM

Crappy topic. grin Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 01:58 AM

I chit, wipe, then hunt. No need to make things complicated.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
My problem is when I down load software I can shat through a screen door so to make sure I don't get any on me I have to get buck necked.
Really tough on bitter cold mornings so I try to get it done before I leave the house.
I would think a foreign order would spook a deer but then again maybe not.

That is a sight I would not want to witness. I can imagine walking up on a guy buck naked on public land taking a dump. Hell, I would probably take off running.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 02:11 AM

Nothing to do with goin in the woods but when I used to guide duck hunters, one of the owners of the club which was a women would have to go in the blind. Now we are in individual fiberglass tanks 30"x 30" square. She would tell me to take a ride in the pirogue and she would let it go in an empty shell box. That takes a good aim there boys. She was always the big joke around camp when she was there.
Posted By: Bamalefty

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BassCat
Man I love hunting as much as the next guy but I aint pooping in no bag in a tree or shooting house.

Totally made me laugh out loud..wife wondered what I was up to!!
Posted By: eightpt04

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 04:39 AM

swing the top of my climber and let it go 30 feet out of the tree, good practice will avoid the tree for the climb down,

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: eightpt04
swing the top of my climber and let it go 30 feet out of the tree, good practice will avoid the tree for the climb down,

Yep! Done it once. One more reason not to wear coveralls. 30 feet up a tree with a safety harness on, would have been impossible with coveralls. I called that one the "crouching tiger sh!tting dragon"
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 04:53 AM

My first crossbow kill came about 20yds from my dump site. Wonder if that is considered baiting.
Posted By: fireman176

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 07:44 AM

Poo in a plastic bag and after club Prez leaves his spot, since he gets the best pick, drop it in the area and leave and all the deer will come to you.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 11:33 AM

I still have the best option: cool

Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: All Day Sit Question - 01/09/13 01:56 PM

I still have the best option: cool

That'll work. Nicely.

I used to hunt on a place where we had a real toilet out in the woods. Not for actual use - also not sure how it ended up out there. crazy We called that area the "dump zone" when we were planning who hunted where.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM