Aldeer.com

Place you have hunted with the most/least deer

Posted By: mike35549

Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 02:46 AM

Where have you hunted that had the most deer or at least where you seen the most deer, and place that had the least or seen the least deer. For me

The Most = Monroe Co. West Virginia see 15-30 every time you hunt.

The least = Walker Co Alabama see 15-30 in a season if you hunt hard.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 02:52 AM

Most deer: Russell and Lee counties before all of the doe killing started.

Least deer: Marshall and Etowah counties.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 02:54 AM

Most - pike co. Missouri
Least- butler/conecuh co Al.
Posted By: fr8-shkr

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 02:57 AM

Most= dallas county Al

Least= north autauga county Al. Barren wasteland.
Posted By: mrinfo

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 03:10 AM

Least=wilcox co, al
Most=wilcox co, al

Two separate pieces of property. What a difference a few miles make. First year I hunted 200 acres on 162 between hwy 5 and 28. Hunted every weekend and only saw 4 deer all season.

Next year we hunted 300 acres a few miles south of camden. It had the type of deer density you would expect to find in that county.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 03:16 AM

Most - Sumter co. in the late 80's early nineties.
Least - southeastern Shelby county.
Posted By: bebo33

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 03:34 AM

Monroe Co. (Most)
Morgan Co. (Least)
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: hellfighter
Most - Sumter co. in the late 80's early nineties.

So true about Sumter Co. I can remember seeing 40 deer in a day but the most deer I have ever seen in a day was Reno Co. Kansas I lost count around 100.

Least: My 115 acres in Marengo Co, you don't see many but a good buck to doe ratio and the potential for a stud is definitely there.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 04:00 AM

Most deer autaugaville alabama on the Alabama river.

Least talladega national forest south of Tuscaloosa I hunted hard for a whole gun season and and finally killed a cowhorn spike. But the management area inside the forest is absolutely loaded
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 04:13 AM

most - Lamar

Least - conecuh
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:00 AM

most, Sumpter Co at Bellamy late 60s, south Marengo around Nanafalia, below Butler on the river. Have seen over 100 in one sitting at each....

least, Jefferson Co when I was just starting in the 60's...
Posted By: trox28

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:29 AM

Most..Hale county
Least...Perry county

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:51 AM

I might just have to add Hale Co, across from the State Cattle Ranch Prison farm, on the old Henry Bryars place. I saw 250 there one evening driving around before dark during season.
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:58 AM

Most: South Texas
Least: talladega national forest.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 07:40 AM

Most: Helton's Pasture between Walnut Hill, FL and the AL state line....second would be the old Carney Hunt Club in North Baldwin Co.

Least: Dog hunting the Alabama River swamp as a kid around Holley Creek in north Baldwin County...never knew there were so many deer in the woods until I quit dog hunting as a teen
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 01:03 PM

Most Western Kentucky or Macon County around Hurtsboro.
Least Perry County
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 01:52 PM

Most Nebraska

No...wait...south Texas

Least...hard to say. Could be a lot of places 20 years ago but those places are infested now.
Posted By: TtownBuckMaster

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 02:01 PM

Most - Tuscaloosa County - had times where I couldn't keep track of how many deer I'd seen

Least - Tuscaloosa County - had seasons ~10 years ago where we only saw 1/2 deer ALL SEASON. Can be very disappointing.
Posted By: 04 Spoiler

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 02:09 PM

Most- Ms. Ann Minter's place in Tyler / Portland Landing (Both in Dallas County)

Least- Two places in North Monroe County
Posted By: hilltop

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 03:28 PM

Most Giles county Tn. least where i hunt now cullman co. al
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 04:02 PM

Most Marengo County (70's)
Least North Autauga County
Posted By: jlccoffee

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 04:11 PM

Most - Greene County AL in the early 90's.

Least - Cherokee County, GA during the 80's and early 90's....although now there are a lot of deer on the same property that there were very few then.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 04:13 PM

When y'all say north Autauga are y'all talking about big springs and billingsley
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:09 PM

Most - never hunted anywhere that I would consider seeing "a lot" of deer is the norm...5+ in a day is a LOT for me...I can count on one hand the sits where I've seen 10+

Least - Public land in Illinois
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:11 PM

I was referring to the area around Posey's Crossroads.
Posted By: HOWTON21

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:25 PM

Most: Several places in Greene, Sumpter, Dallas, & Marengo that had very high deer densities.

Least: Bankhead National Forest
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:56 PM

Most-west alabama around Demopolis and Macon county
Least-Coosa county in late 70's early 80's

Dr. B
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
Most deer autaugaville alabama on the Alabama river.

Least talladega national forest south of Tuscaloosa I hunted hard for a whole gun season and and finally killed a cowhorn spike. But the management area inside the forest is absolutely loaded

Why do you think that is? Just pressure?

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 06:02 PM

If I had to guess I'd say pressure but the last few years I haven't seen many people hunting down there. Probably lack of food later in the year there's plenty for them to eat on the management land
Posted By: cahaba

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 06:23 PM

Most would be Hale County Oakmulgee WMA but you need a bullet proof vest to gun hunt it. Sounds like a dove shoot on hunts there.
Least would be Shelby County. I was in one lease there and only sasw two yearlings all season. Needless to say I never got in that club again. The weird thing was that right across the road was a club that was loaded.
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 06:41 PM

Most- Bullock Co.
Least- Bibb Co.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 06:47 PM

I never did gun hunt on the wma
Posted By: Shawn

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 07:42 PM

Most - Sumter county back before timber companies whacked everything and the doe killing we are experiencing now was nothing to see 15-20 per day.

Least- club I was in where walker, fayette and Tuscaloosa counties meet. Only saw a few all season.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter

No deer. But I wore the turkeys out in the mid 80's on that WMA.

Dr. B
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 08:27 PM

least Elmore County Blount county (its getting better) use to see 3 or 4 all year And Iv seen that in one sit this yr.

most Montgomery County. If I had control of this farm and could manage it the way I wanted to in a few yrs I am confident it would have a few 160's+ running around.
Posted By: BassCat

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: hellfighter
Most - Sumter co.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 10:44 PM

We used to run rabbits in the Autauga wma out by poseys cross roads and I found a shed that scored 73 inches
Posted By: WhiteCityHunter

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter

Most- Northern Walton County, FL (the place I call home)-plenty of soybeans and peanuts and only a week of doe days every year--also has probably the largest bucks in the state on a consistent basis.

Least-
I hunt just a few miles from Posey's Crossroads near White City and yes the deer population isn't very large at all, but I have family property there and have always loved hunting there. I kill one to two deer there a year, usually one buck and one doe. A 138 inch 10 pt. was taken on that land three years ago. We don't have very many deer, but if they get any age on them they can grow big.
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 11:21 PM

Most: Lowndes
Least: Macon...least numbers but biggest bucks. laugh
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 11:50 PM

Most, some private land I got to hunt in Pike county on the Conecuh river. Saw 52 deer one afternoon from 2:30 until 4:30 when I shot an 8 point.

Least, our farm in Marshall county. Wasn't a deer in the southeast 1/3 of the county until the mid 80's. Still aren't many.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/04/12 11:54 PM

Most, Dallas county south of Orrville. Least, South Baldwin County on the beach.
Posted By: BPS

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 12:13 AM

Most: Union county KY. Saw 43 one morning.
Least: Southwest Jefferson co. Hunted in a club 3 seasons and only saw 1 spike. I cant make myself join that club again but every year there is atleast 1 bruiser killed off that property. If you have the patience to go weeks at a time without seeing deer you could possibly kill a giant. I first taking my son with me and it was hard keepin him interested going there.
Posted By: knock him down

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 12:23 AM

BhamFred
14 point

Loc: alabama
I might just have to add Hale Co, across from the State Cattle Ranch Prison farm, on the old Henry Bryars place. I saw 250 there one evening driving around before dark during season.

You ain't joking. When I was a kid. I had the opportunity to hunt the Bryar place a few times as well as Henry Pickens, Mosquito and Clements Bend. Nicky Cobb's etc. When Sykes Martin had all that planted in soybeans, you had to dodge deer on that road from the blacktop to river. All ended when Drummond fenced it in. Used to love seeing deer cross on the road on the way to dads camphouse. He hit several, or they hit him over the years. When I was about 7 or 8, warden Farquar took me shining on the Cattle Ranch so we me and another boy could see some bucks. Was legal back then. Great memories or that place including a pair or biggest outlaws ever lived. You know who I'm talking about.[

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 12:54 AM

I didn't know Drummond fenced that place....

and I arrested both of those outlaws more than once...
Posted By: knock him down

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 01:04 AM

They purchased the pasture land that started at the black top,Obie Coleman's, Bryars, went around Pickens little tract and all the way on that side of the road to Clements bend gate. All the woodlands back around the river to the cattle ranch. Not sure how much is there. guess 2000 to 3000 acres. The camphouse access is off the cattle ranch road. Built a couple world class bass lakes. Whacked about 150 does a year for three years to get the ratio to 2 to 1 or less. They grow some sure enough swamp daddy's on that ground now.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 01:23 AM

It's all about pressure. I hunted a spot right here in Chelsea a year or two ago that had so many deer coming in and out of the food plot, I couldn't keep track of them. I counted 14 in the field at one time. That didn't include the ones pooring in or out.

The least amount was a club I was in down in Dallas Co., about three years after all the doe killing started.
Posted By: ldw

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 04:30 AM

most : Hale Co, Nanafalia

least : Shelby Co, Jefferson Co

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: knock him down
They purchased the pasture land that started at the black top,Obie Coleman's, Bryars, went around Pickens little tract and all the way on that side of the road to Clements bend gate. All the woodlands back around the river to the cattle ranch. Not sure how much is there. guess 2000 to 3000 acres. The camphouse access is off the cattle ranch road. Built a couple world class bass lakes. Whacked about 150 does a year for three years to get the ratio to 2 to 1 or less. They grow some sure enough swamp daddy's on that ground now.

There used to be a brick house at the entrance road that I lived in for two years before Drummond bought the place from Emmett Hildreth. Morons removing wall paper with a torch burned it to the ground. I believe it was 3000 acres at that time. Dale Earnhart and Neil Bonnett used to stay at my house when Bo Brady leased the hunting rights from Emmett. Good times then....
Posted By: BamaBuff

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/05/12 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: knock him down
BhamFred
14 point

Loc: alabama

All ended when Drummond fenced it in. [

That's what happened to all my deer! Drummond fenced them all in !
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/06/12 01:57 PM

Sam Murphy WMA, I've never even seen a deer up there. I've seen people drive out with them in their trucks, but I've never had any success.
Posted By: splitbrows25

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/06/12 09:57 PM

Y'all don't know a man named Rudloff that was down in them parts do you?
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 01:53 PM

Most Pickens co. In the late 90's I got to hunt in a club called The Sweet 16 club. I hunted 3 or 4 times and saw more deer than I can remember.

Least Talladeaga National forest. I hunted there several years and the only saw a couple deer lterally that others killed.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 04:50 PM

Most: Crittenden County,KY just outside of Marion. cant keep track of how many you see coming in and out of fields and running in the crp. I guess i would see between 15-60 deer every sit.
Least: Orange County,FL hunted a 1400 acre lease growing up near disney i was happy if i saw 4-5 in 20 days of hunting.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 07:07 PM

In the early 70's we would call the game warden first and then go shine the big fields on the Alabama River west of Monroeville. If you didn't see at least 150 it was a bad night.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
In the early 70's we would call the game warden first and then go shine the big fields on the Alabama River west of Monroeville. If you didn't see at least 150 it was a bad night.

You talking about the old Bedsole Farms?
Posted By: Nitwit

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 08:08 PM

Most-Dallas Co. Old boss when I was a teen had a place that was rediculously over populated. He got 75-100 doe tags initially and then the game warden would reevaluate later in the season. Common to see 30-40 on one field. Each hunt between 6 or so people ended in 10-15 does strung up on the skinning racks.

Least Butler Co around Needham where my FIL lives. I once killed one doe in 3 years there and that was 1 of 2 I saw. That place SUCKS.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
[quote=timbercruiser]In the early 70's we would call the game warden first and then go shine the big fields on the Alabama River west of Monroeville. If you didn't see at least 150 it was a bad night.

You talking about the old Bedsole Farms? [/quote

Not sure, this was 40 years ago...
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 09:15 PM

I know the guy that used to watch over the Bedsole farm on the Alabama River in Monroe County. He lived behind the old Bedsole house. He went to work there back in the late 80's. He said when he first moved there you could see at least 100 deer every night in the fields there around the farm. He said you would be lucky if 1 deer out of those 100 deer had any horns. They have since that time really thinned the herd down drastically. For the life of me I do not know why the people in charge of managing the deer herd in this state are so slow to change and very seldom seem to make the right decisions when it comes to managing deer. One question why did it take so long to start shooting does to try to get the herd back in balance? Another is why leave the two does a day limit in for over 10 years now in most counties? An another IMO is we need to start tagging does like nearly every state does seems to work out well.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Narrow Gap
I know the guy that used to watch over the Bedsole farm on the Alabama River in Monroe County. He lived behind the old Bedsole house. He went to work there back in the late 80's. He said when he first moved there you could see at least 100 deer every night in the fields there around the farm. He said you would be lucky if 1 deer out of those 100 deer had any horns. They have since that time really thinned the herd down drastically. For the life of me I do not know why the people in charge of managing the deer herd in this state are so slow to change and very seldom seem to make the right decisions when it comes to managing deer. One question why did it take so long to start shooting does to try to get the herd back in balance? Another is why leave the two does a day limit in for over 10 years now in most counties? An another IMO is we need to start tagging does like nearly every state does seems to work out well.

Mike Bolar?

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
[quote=timbercruiser]In the early 70's we would call the game warden first and then go shine the big fields on the Alabama River west of Monroeville. If you didn't see at least 150 it was a bad night.

You talking about the old Bedsole Farms? [/quote

Not sure, this was 40 years ago...

tc, the Bedsole Farms is all those fields on both sides of Hwy 84 as soon as you cross the river headed north there at Claiborne.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 11:16 PM

Yea hunterbuck the guy I was talking about was good ole Mike Bolar. You know him I am assuming?

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 11:41 PM

Yeah, I've known Mike for several years. Knew his wife Patsie before she passed away.

Actually went out with his daughter Kelly some back in high school, but didn't know him back then.

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/07/12 11:53 PM

Yes Mike is a hard working man. I have not saw him in several years now. His wife Patsy helped me load two deer up one morning cause I got stuck and had to hitch a ride back to Mikes place. She drove me back down to the deer. I think Mike is down in Atmore now last time I heard from him. Mike knows how to do bout anything just a good ole country guy.
Posted By: WBM1

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/08/12 12:45 PM

Most - Comer AL just north of Barbour County WMA
Least - Clio AL, for years I might see 4-5 all season. It's better now.
Posted By: BPS

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/08/12 01:44 PM

In the early 80s my dad and uncle hunted in Camden. I Was a young buck just cutting my teeth in this hunting obsession I have now. We would go shine every night and it was nothing to see hundreds of them in a night. Even after we quit huntin down there in January dad in I would down there and just ride and shine before it was outlawed. We stayed a many nights in the bassmaster hotel. Crappiest hotel ever.
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/08/12 07:40 PM

least deer: montgomery county wink

most deer: ft. rucker in the 70s and 80s
Posted By: Heater

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/09/12 12:19 AM

Most deer.......Sumter
Best buck to doe ratio.....Marengo / Dallas / Wilcox
Posted By: MakeUmGobble

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/09/12 01:39 AM

Most - South Macon/North Bullock Counties
Least - Lowndes/Wilcox
Posted By: mudkicker

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/17/12 01:20 AM

Most-whereever someone else is hunting
least-where i am hunting
Posted By: jdhunter2011

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/18/12 03:39 PM

Worst- Western Marion Co. this year. Worst Hunting season I have ever experienced for seeing deer!
Best- West of sulligent in Lamar Co. about 6-7 years ago. I could have fell outta tree and a buck would have ran up to check on me.
Posted By: JMARTIN1

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/18/12 06:23 PM

Most-My family deer camp in MS.We saw deer eevry time we were in the woods...

Least-The deer camp I am in now in Tuscaloosa County.
Posted By: RammerJammer5

Re: Place you have hunted with the most/least deer - 12/18/12 06:31 PM

Clarke County, AL. From 1987 to 2003 Most

Clarke County, AL. From 2004 to present, with each year getting slightly better but no where near old standards.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM