Aldeer.com

Freedom Hills WMA

Posted By: 1Drake

Freedom Hills WMA - 11/06/12 12:09 AM

I hunted freedom hills all day yesterday saw 1 small buck and 5 or 6 does First year have hunted public land only,I love this place. Anyone else hunt here I actual killed my first turkey on private land that joins this. I dont know the biologist who runs it but in my opinion he does a great.
Posted By: bill

Re: Freedom Hills WMA - 11/06/12 12:13 AM

Good bow hunting there but I wouldn't set foot on it during gun season without full body armor.
Posted By: Jack Fate

Re: Freedom Hills WMA - 11/06/12 12:30 AM

I hunt there some..went the other day squirrel hunting. Didn't see much deer sign though. Its not so bad during some of the gun hunts..never had a problem.. The key is to get there as early as possible
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Freedom Hills WMA - 11/06/12 01:34 AM

I used to hunt the WMA alot when it was Thomas WMA. Biologist don't crank my tractor at all, but the deer are pretty good there. I bowhunted it for about 10 years and killed probably 50 or more deer off of it. I really used to see alot of good deer on there during the weekdays, but they would disappear on the weekends when all the others showed up and on the gun hunts. Gun hunts were dangerous with all the shooters in the woods. never hunted but a few times on the gun hunts and that was enough for me. It would surprise me how quick the deer would come back after a weekend gun hunt. They ran for the hills during the hunts and would be right back two days later. Good luck. You can kill some good deer there, but I think I would bowhunt it for the most success. Gun hunters on that WMA will shoot anything that walks-No Kidding!
Posted By: BibbCounty

Re: Freedom Hills WMA - 11/06/12 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Teacher One
. Gun hunts were dangerous with all the shooters in the woods.

You know I hear a lot of people say this, but I cant remember ever hearing of somebody getting shot at a WMA gun hunt. I dont hunt them so I really dont know. Just never read an article about it or anything.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM