Aldeer.com

I hate thieves

Posted By: t123winters

I hate thieves - 10/29/12 02:57 AM

got to one of my hunting areas yesterday,to find that one of my trophy rocks had been stolen.I do not hunt over these in fact i put these things in places that gives me chances of getting better pics in the summer months,and I aint really all that mad cause I was gonna bring em out this weekend anyway,I am just thankful that I moved my camera out of there a couple weeks ago. I dont know what would make someone steal a 20 dollar rock,but thieves are shameless I guess.I didnt have time to check out the rest of the property today so I dont know if they went through and whipped me out or if they just needed my trophy rock.thieves suck!!!!
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 10:24 AM

I can't stand a thief! Lord knows I have had my share of them this year. I am just waiting on the day I can catch one red handed. Nuff' said.
Posted By: kkeith1957

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 10:29 AM

don`t know why people want to bother someone else is stuff......
hate a thief
Posted By: foldemup

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 10:35 AM

How long had it been there since you last checked it?
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 10:48 AM

You have hogs? I have had them move a trophy rock more than 30 ft from where I left it.
Or as foldemup is hinting, what's left of it may be in the soil now. The 12 lb rocks really do not last that long.

It would be hard for me to believe someone carried a trophy rock out of the woods with them. Somebody that desperate probably would not know what a trophy rock was.
Posted By: bigt

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 12:39 PM

I put out trophy rocks one time, but the bears stole everyone of them! If you have bears they might be your thief.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 01:08 PM

20 bucks! We usually buy 50lb salt blocks for half that. But it is hard to believe someone would fool with a glorified salt black enough to steal it.
Posted By: tsmith

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 01:11 PM

It may not have been stolen. I had one disappear in less than two weeks. The deer absolutely wore it out and the rain did the rest. They are still using the spot even though the rock is gone because all of the minerals are in the soil. My first thought was the same though. I walked up and saw the rock was gone and thought who the hell would steal a $15 rock and not a $150 camera?
Posted By: Buckman10

Re: I hate thieves - 10/29/12 03:33 PM

I have a good one for you. I lost 25 Rocks. I was sure that they were stolen, come to find out, they were in the groud. On one place i had two cameras (same tree, different directions) and someone or thing took my camera off the tree and left with it. the other one did not get any pics of the theif. Maybe a coon got it???

Re: I hate thieves - 10/30/12 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
How long had it been there since you last checked it?

I was just in there the weekend prior and it was one of my new rocks, it hadn't been in there but about three weeks still about 2/3 its original size.

Re: I hate thieves - 10/30/12 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: bwhunter
You have hogs? I have had them move a trophy rock more than 30 ft from where I left it.
Or as foldemup is hinting, what's left of it may be in the soil now. The 12 lb rocks really do not last that long.

It would be hard for me to believe someone carried a trophy rock out of the woods with them. Somebody that desperate probably would not know what a trophy rock was.

there are some hogs in Jackson county,but I don't know of any being seen in this area,and I have not seen any sign of them there.
Posted By: Kcub

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 04:00 AM

I can not stand a thief either. Three weeks ago, I went to check my cameras and clean out my feeders. Sorry lowlife stole one of my newest cameras AND the cable lock that held it on a small cedar. I figure he slid the cable up the small tree. I loved that camera. I even had a solar panel keeping it charged up. Luckily he did not see my third camera that he walked past, with the stolen goods in his hands. Got a pretty decent profile shot of him, but not enough to get a good look at his thieving mug. This is posted/ private land and besides the land owner, I am the only person with permission to be on the property. I do not want to think what I would do if he wandered under my stand while I was in it with my crossbow in my hand!..........,
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Kcub
I can not stand a thief either. Three weeks ago, I went to check my cameras and clean out my feeders. Sorry lowlife stole one of my newest cameras AND the cable lock that held it on a small cedar. I figure he slid the cable up the small tree. I loved that camera. I even had a solar panel keeping it charged up. Luckily he did not see my third camera that he walked past, with the stolen goods in his hands. Got a pretty decent profile shot of him, but not enough to get a good look at his thieving mug. This is posted/ private land and besides the land owner, I am the only person with permission to be on the property. I do not want to think what I would do if he wandered under my stand while I was in it with my crossbow in my hand!..........,

Post his picture.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 01:54 PM

I've used trophy rock only once and I was shocked how fast it was gone. I did have a little rain that helped melt it some but the camera caught all kinds of critters using it.

Dr. B
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 02:50 PM

I learned the hard way how easy they wash away. Bought one one morning, threw it on back of my truck and it rained at lunch. Joker was completely gone. Literally washed away 15 bucks.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Originally Posted By: Kcub

Post his picture.
x2
Posted By: Guru

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 04:50 PM

There should be a stolen property section for Aldeer. That way when something has been stolen we can watch out for the stuff for the other members. It wouldn't take much for the mods to start one up. Then you can keep track of your serials and post a picture when it is stolen. I always engrave a mark on my stuff, even the plastic parts so I could identify it later if it was stolen or if I loaned it to someone else. I check out the pawn shops from time to time and it wouldn't take but a few extra minutes to either inquire (if I had the serials) or to just look at the stuff on display. What is everyones thoughts on the subject?
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: I hate thieves - 10/31/12 05:06 PM

Just went to check my camera on my little field that I am hoping to get my son's first deer on and it was gone!!!!!

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 01:25 AM

Ok, I will try to post a photo of the "suspect"'.............
Ok actually forgot how to do it, how about a little help here?
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 03:58 AM

Fixed it for you. I hate a thief too.

Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 12:40 PM

Is there a way to lighten up this picture (and others I have seen on here)? I've seen comments about pictures that I honestly can't see anything.
Posted By: tsmith

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 01:19 PM

This is the best I could do.

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 06:04 PM

That's awesome! I can see him much clearer now. Thanks tsmith!
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 07:25 PM

That old man has to be a local and not hard to find.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 08:17 PM

Ran it through mine..its a little brighter, not sure if it helps.

Posted By: mudxxed

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 09:56 PM

dam that would pi$$ me off!!!!!!
Posted By: kkeith1957

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 10:22 PM

He looks like and ole timer ,old enough to know what he is doing
Posted By: Stob

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 10:49 PM

He's just begging to be messed with.
Posted By: ATDH

Re: I hate thieves - 11/01/12 11:20 PM

thieves are sorry as hell!
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: I hate thieves - 11/02/12 01:05 AM

Post this picture at every gas station and feed store in the area that will let you.

SOMEBODY will recognize him. Guaranteed.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: I hate thieves - 11/02/12 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: RobertD
Post this picture at every gas station and feed store in the area that will let you.

SOMEBODY will recognize him. Guaranteed.

Yep, but I'd start at the Sheriff's office.

Re: I hate thieves - 11/02/12 01:33 AM

There is a auto shop on the end of the property in the direction he is heading. I thought about popping in there to ask about a mechanical problem and seeing if I spot him. If I do, I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe show him the photo and ask for my camera back! Well at least he left my mineral block in place!

Re: I hate thieves - 11/06/12 04:25 AM

Well he struck again. This time he at least had the decency to leave my brand new python cable lock for me. But it is in 2 pcs! Ugh!!!
Posted By: M48scout

Re: I hate thieves - 11/06/12 04:47 AM

You need multiple cameras on a "bait" camera. Put some them up in trees and at least one or two in video mode.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: I hate thieves - 11/06/12 11:02 AM

Can't believe you left the other camera in there after the first one got gone. Full camo and a baseball bat to fix this. Just don't get excited and hit him above the waist.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: I hate thieves - 11/07/12 02:07 AM

Gee, I'd hate to see something bad happen to that peckerhead.

Re: I hate thieves - 11/07/12 05:18 AM

I just realized the "suspect" removed my screw in steps that were 8' off the ground, my millenium chain bracket, and all of my trail markers! He is just itching to meet my Louisville Slugger!!! mad
Posted By: Basser69

Re: I hate thieves - 11/07/12 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: RCHRR
That old man has to be a local and not hard to find.

Posted By: joe sixpack

Re: I hate thieves - 11/07/12 10:40 PM

Ghillie suit. Hunting accidents happen when folk's don't wear safety orange in the woods. Especially when they're in places they aren't supposed to be.
Posted By: joe sixpack

Re: I hate thieves - 11/07/12 10:41 PM

S.S.S.
Posted By: SLAYER

Re: I hate thieves - 11/08/12 04:24 AM

Dude needs to catch an ass beating... That's ridiculous

Re: I hate thieves - 11/08/12 04:45 AM

I wonder if I would get into trouble for setting out bear traps around my cameras? Someone mentioned Alabama as being "Bear" country so I might try to trap one. Thoughts?
Posted By: BrentM

Re: I hate thieves - 11/08/12 05:21 AM

No season on bears...........coyote traps are a different story
© 2024 ALDEER.COM