Aldeer.com

i think my boots saved my life today

Posted By: tfd1224

i think my boots saved my life today - 10/28/12 11:28 PM

First of all my hunting club has a 40 acre gas pipeline pumping station that is completely fenced in kinda in the middle of it. Well I was scouting/stalking today and had walked about 2 or three miles around the pumping station, well I decided I would cut in front of the front gate of the pumping station and take a shortcut back to the cabin. Well I almost got to the woods on the other side of the pump station and something catches my eye. It is two black labs and a German shepard running hell bent for leather for the front gate. I am standing there thinking, I didn't know they had guard dogs in there I sure am glad they are fenced in. Just when I thought that, all three of the dogs go under the gate barking with the hair on their necks standing up oh $#it@%#*/()@ . I am about 75 yds from the front gate and 15 yards from the woods. At this time I am nocking an arrow and running for the woods. I get in the thick stuff and hunker down. Were fixing to see how many dogs I can kill with my bow before one gets me but when they get to the woodline they stop, smelling the ground and growling. I realize they can't smell my track because I am wearing rubber boots. After a while they go their way and I go mine but for a while that was intense. I am so happy I was wearing rubber boots, I will never wear anything else. If that doesn't prove that rubber boots are scent free I don't know what does.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/28/12 11:45 PM

I'd go back and kill all 3.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin

They woulda been dead before I left! Carry a handgun when you are out there.
Posted By: skintback

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: jsh1904
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin

They woulda been dead before I left! Carry a handgun when you are out there.

X2
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 12:49 AM

I bought me a 9mm for just that reason. Never know when it may come in handy.
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 12:51 AM

3 s's
Posted By: kkeith1957

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 10:39 AM

Always pack a hand gun

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 11:05 AM

Yeah I had let my pistol permit lapse but I am getting it renewed today. If those mutts try that again it won't be pretty.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 01:11 PM

Scary. I hate feral dogs.

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 02:15 PM

Oh they weren't feral dogs. They were guard dogs with collars. They just need to be locked inside the fence instead of being able to go under the gate.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/29/12 03:55 PM

Well then it sounds like they are serious about their gas line. I'm sure next time you'll be prepared for them.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: hunterturf
3 s's

That would be 9 s's wouldn't it?
Posted By: earleys467

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 02:13 AM

I would put a stop to it.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 02:54 AM

call the damn gas company and tell em their dogs can, and do, get out and are aggressive towards you. Dogs are just doing what they are supposed to do..ya need to jump on some PERSONS arse.....
Posted By: rebelpiper

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 03:39 AM

kill them mufukers

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 04:04 AM

Now after talking to a couple of people I am not sure if they were gas company guard dogs or neighborhood dogs running amuck but they were inside the fence when I first saw them and I will talk with someone with the gas company about the dogs to see who the dogs belong to. But with that said, I will be carrying my glock with me from now on and if this problem occurs again the dogs will be dealt with accordingly.
Posted By: Bamahunter308

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 04:07 AM

45 ACP
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 12:53 PM

I doubt the gas company would risk the liabiity of having dogs like that. I would bet they fix the gate so they can't get in again.
Posted By: Reyn

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 06:52 PM

Them dogs could have found you with the rubber boots on if they wanted. It doesn't stop the scent trail. Another good reason to always carry.

Re: i think my boots saved my life today - 10/30/12 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Reyn
Them dogs could have found you with the rubber boots on if they wanted. It doesn't stop the scent trail. Another good reason to always carry.

Oh well I am glad you were there with me to see what happened. I have had a bloodtracking dog for 6 years. I know what it looks like when a dog loses a scent trail.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM