Aldeer.com

Anyone plant Pennington deer greens?

Posted By: mike35549

Anyone plant Pennington deer greens? - 09/16/12 04:41 PM

Anyone on here ever plant Pennington deer greens if so how did they grow and did the deer eat them. Have a buddy that planted them last year and he said they tore them up Read several post on qdma forum where people said they did not eat at all. We planted some mixed in with wheat oats and clover. just curious as to other people's experience with them.
Posted By: droptines

Re: Anyone plant Pennington deer greens? - 09/16/12 05:00 PM

My deer have mowed ALL Pennington products to the ground! They love the stuff. And Durana Clover? That stuff will grow on concrete and the deer can't stay off of it. I have planted everything over the last decade and Pennington wins hands down.

My favorite mix is the Deluxe Fall and the Rackmasters Feeding Frenzy.

And no, I have no financial interest in the company.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone plant Pennington deer greens? - 09/16/12 10:49 PM

Mike, we plant them. Deer tear them up. Better plant them early so they can get some growth. I'm also a pro pennington consumer. Durana is a miracle clover in the south.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Anyone plant Pennington deer greens? - 09/17/12 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
Mike, we plant them. Deer tear them up. Better plant them early so they can get some growth. I'm also a pro pennington consumer. Durana is a miracle clover in the south.

Matt we planted them yesterday planted wheat and oats pulled a drag over them to cover a little then over seeded the deer greens a half a bag 2 1/2 pounds per plot on 8 plots to give them a try. Do you plant them alone or do you mix them them in with other stuff.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone plant Pennington deer greens? - 09/19/12 02:42 AM

We plant pure stands and mix it in other blends. I'll take a picture of ours this weekend and send it to you.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Anyone plant Pennington deer greens? - 09/19/12 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
Durana is a miracle clover in the south.

Amen!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM