Aldeer.com

Honk if you are being ignored by 49er

Posted By: burbank

Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 04:19 AM

And since he can't see it...feel free to say whatever you want to about the crazy old coot!! smile
Posted By: Morris

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 04:33 AM

have no idea what your talking about but.....beep
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 04:35 AM

If I keep it up ill b able to soon QUALITY LOL
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 10:28 AM

A big ol' quality honk here! laugh
Posted By: AUduckiller

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 11:22 AM

Honk! Or at least I wish I could honk!
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 02:19 PM

how do you know if you are or arent?
Posted By: aldoghunter

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 02:37 PM

KNOH KNOH !!!! that means I have HIM on IGNORE,although he can be amusing some times
Posted By: coldtrail

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 08:29 PM

He told me he was going to put me on his ignore list. I assume he did. Sounds like what a two year old child would do.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 08:34 PM

I have been ignored by him before...HONK
Posted By: jmj120

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 09:58 PM

I don't see his posts, so I must have ignored him
Posted By: gobbler

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/17/12 11:47 PM

been on both sides. What we need to do is post as much QDMA and wildlife farming posts, threads, and questions in this forum as possible...It'll drive him batty trying to herd all the cats....all in good fun of course.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 12:11 AM

^^^^ this cool

honk
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 12:13 AM

49er is pure entertainment.Therefore I suggest that we have a comedy forum because his posts are clearly for amusement and do not pertain to "serious" deer talk. grin

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 01:12 AM

This is some QUALITY stuff !
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: SMB44
This is some QUALITY stuff !

only if it's legal

section 8 part B off the said constitutional clause from Title 2

or something like that laugh
Posted By: Clem

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 03:06 AM

You bunch of domestic enemies.

(honk)
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 03:25 AM

Oh boy!

Well, here goes... QUALITY honk here.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 11:23 AM

Honkity honk honk....and proud of it!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 01:35 PM

Don't know if I'm being ignored by him but I'm ignoring him. HONK

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 02:00 PM

Looks like there's enough of us to have a club. We could have a secret handshake, maybe ride in parades, and a yearly convention is a must. laugh

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 02:41 PM

Annual convention of the Deer Organization That Shall Not Be Named On This Forum could be the Honk Club gathering spot.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 03:30 PM

I support QDMA. I QDM manage my property and have since the early 90's. I think all bucks younger than 3.5 yrs of age should be passed, with the exception being children allowed to shoot whatever. I support buck limits, limiting hunting pressure, I only shoot 4.5 yr old bucks or older, and I fully support liberal doe harvest as necessary to maintain proper ratios, I support our game wardens and the laws they enforce. I think game laws are most definitely needed to protect the game animals of the great state of Alabama. And finally, I have a strong dislike for "cut and paste". There, if some of my latest posts havent already done it, that should get me on 49r's ignore list. Can I join the club too?

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 03:45 PM

Y'all do understand that he's not arguing for being able to shoot anything all the time ... his beef, or one of them, is the matter of existing laws vs. regulations and rules established by an agency and advisory board that may be (in his view) overstepping their bounds?

(honk)

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 03:53 PM

Holy-moley Batman! It sure is loud in here!!!!! "What Robin? I can't hear you for the horns going off! We must be in NYC!"

I respect 49er's stance and his right to his thoughts but I want him to understand that (certain) game laws are not written to produce bigger bucks and the laws that are on the books now, although not perfect, are for the best interests of the game. Do they need to be tweaked? Probably but I'm not smart enough to make that decision.

It's NOT QDM/QDMA. QDM is no different that the State of Alabama sinking tanks/aircraft carrier/etc... in the G of M to produce a more suitable environment for sea life. Unnatural to this extent? YES. Good for the sea life? YES! Good for nature? YES!! Good for people? YES!!! Too strict a limit on snapper? I think so but I don't claim to "know".

Man can do a lot of great things with wisdom and intervention!

Ok, now my softy heart feels sorry for 49er but maybe I shouldn't!!!

I've offered an olive branch to 9er before and he lit it on fire!! LOL!!! Oh well.

BTW abolt300, that was funny!!

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 04:02 PM

But should you be told you can only kill 3 bucks a year on 4,503 acres?

What if you need to kill 15?

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 04:11 PM

Clem, I know man! However, I know that I'd do the right thing for the species so if I owned 4503 acres and it was rarely hunted, I would do what I needed to do to have a healthy deer herd. If it needed to be done, I would know better than the state what's best for my property. Bottom line thinking there!

Back several years ago, when I was a part of an effort to kill a large number of does off a large piece of land (decision to shoot does based on good concrete data and yotes were not as big a problem then) in a short time span, I did what I had to do to make it happen. (And with that said, please don't read into it that I support unlimited doe harvest!!! Please!!!!) smile Oh, not talking specifically to you Clem... just the naysayers about QDM!! smile

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: abolt300
I'm support QDMA. I QDM manage my property and have since the early 90's. I think all bucks younger than 3.5 yrs of age should be passed with the exception being children allowed to shoot whatever. I support buck limits, limiting hunting pressure, I only shoot 4.5 yr old bucks or older, and I fully support liberal doe harvest as necessary to maintain proper ratios, I support our game wardens and the laws they enforce. I think game laws are most definitely needed to protect the game animals of the great state of Alabama. And finally, I have a strong dislike for "cut an paste". There, if some of my latest posts havent already done it, that should get me on 49r's ignore list. Can I join the club too?

Good post, looks like you have your "mind right", even if you're not on his list, you can be an honorary member. thumbup
Posted By: burbank

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 04:58 PM

American Honkey Honk Bar Association
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 06:31 PM

All this is in good fun but one last thing that I think needs to be said about 49'r and y'all can call me soft or whatever. The cut and paste does annoy me and I don't agree with almost all of what he expresses but you've (well at least I do) got to respect the man for sticking to his beliefs and continuing to argue his points in the face of overwhelming adversity. I will take my hat off to him for that. 2Dogs, if you need to take my honorary club membership away for this post then so be it. He keeps things stirred up and interesting around here.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 06:38 PM

So far he hasn't ignored me and we have had some pretty good arguments on here. He has as much right to feel the way he does as I do. I don't mind most of his post and actually gain some knowledge from time to time. It really annoys me however, when he picks fights, polices the boards and forgets that we all have our own beliefs in what's right and wrong.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 08:12 PM

All this is in good fun but one last thing that I think needs to be said about 49'r and y'all can call me soft or whatever. The cut and paste does annoy me and I don't agree with almost all of what he expresses but you've (well at least I do) got to respect the man for sticking to his beliefs and continuing to argue his points in the face of overwhelming adversity. I will take my hat off to him for that. 2Dogs, if you need to take my honorary club membership away for this post then so be it. He keeps things stirred up and interesting around here.

Nah, you're good.
Posted By: truedouble

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 10:05 PM

honk, honk

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/18/12 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Looks like there's enough of us to have a club. We could have a secret handshake, maybe ride in parades, and a yearly convention is a must. laugh

I agree...I suggest we start the first one off this deer season, second weekend of January, on YOUR farm! grin
Posted By: REEFD

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:08 AM

You could pool your money and make a donation to QDMA in his name.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Clem
But should you be told you can only kill 3 bucks a year on 4,503 acres?

What if you need to kill 15?

Get 5 friends shocked There is no per acre limit.

Quote:
I've offered an olive branch to 9er before and he lit it on fire!! LOL!!! Oh well.

You, me, and everyone else. He don't take well to "befriending"

I agree. Annoying, yes, persistent (and often wrong) yes, but I have voiced my protest at times when he has been banned on here for his strong opinions.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:43 AM

Haven't seen him around in the past 24 hours.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: foldemup

I agree...I suggest we start the first one off this deer season, second weekend of January, on YOUR farm! grin

Big uns will be dead by 2nd week of January. grin I was thinking of a mini convention at the QDMA convention. We could make that donation REEFD spoke while there. laugh

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: joshm28

He's probably reloading his Copy and Paste album.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 03:19 AM

a donation to QDMA, large enough to make the magazine would be phenomenal. The only thing left to do would be for the closest "member" leave a copy on his front porch.
Posted By: Aught Six

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:14 PM

My personal favorite tactic of his is when he does his online research and finds some obscure court case from 1915 and does his cut and paste job here to cite it as precedent.

THEN, one of our resident lawyers here will point out to him that that particular case doesn't really apply for whatever reason, and he'll argue with them!
Posted By: bigt

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: truedouble
a donation to QDMA, large enough to make the magazine would be phenomenal. The only thing left to do would be for the closest "member" leave a copy on his front porch.

This^^^^^^^

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:37 PM

Get him a membership, have the mags sent to his house, gift that keeps on giving.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 12:47 PM

I'm telling ya'll....the BEST thing that could happen would be if Skinny would combine the QDM and Serious hunting forums into one big forum....."The Serious QDM hunting forum"....he would go off the deep end....further. grin

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 02:00 PM

Smart $ says there's gonna be some changes next year that's gonna make his blood boil. grin
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 06:32 PM

Yall wouldnt talk about a fellar would you?

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 06:46 PM

I cant honk but if youll permit me I'd like to add my thoughts:

As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Personally I appreciate 49er, and there have been some issues that I would disagree with him on. I appreciate him because he challenges my beliefs and opinions,shoring them up or maybe even changing them.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: eskimo270

As iron sharpens iron,

Personally I appreciate 49er, and there have been some issues that I would disagree with him on. I appreciate him because he challenges my beliefs and opinions,shoring them up or maybe even changing them.

I think we ll do... Well I do anyway.. he posts somethings that are good.. I do enjoy what he posts one way or another... Either it is good info or the 13 page debate that follows!
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 09:24 PM

As iron sharpens iron,

Iron doesn't do much good when it's a perpetual, abrasive smart arse. Unfortunately, even though he is an incredibly intelligent guy who makes some fantastic points, nobody listens to him because of his attitude. Sad, but unfortunately true.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/19/12 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: JUGHEAD
even though he is an incredibly intelligent guy who makes some fantastic points,

Well.... debatable shocked

Yall wouldnt talk about a fellar would you?

He can pipe right in anytime he wants! It's not like he was blocked from this thread!

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/20/12 01:08 AM

Hell, He cant even read this thread. He's put us all on ignore.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/20/12 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: coldtrail
Hell, He cant even read this thread. He's put us all on ignore.

laughup

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: JUGHEAD
I'm telling ya'll....the BEST thing that could happen would be if Skinny would combine the QDM and Serious hunting forums into one big forum....."The Serious QDM hunting forum"....he would go off the deep end....further. grin

like it...9er would have a choice to make, stand strong and never post again, or post in a QDM forum, thus becoming a member of the brotherhood of the QDM'ers.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 04:20 AM

As iron sharpens iron,

personally I think 9er has lost a lot of credibility over the past few months. He has become so consumed by his hatred of QDM that he makes everything about QDM and then fails to acknowledge what QDM really is. As much as I hate to say it, I could see his point of view on the state enforcing a 3 buck limit (although I disagree with him completely) but when his relentless bashing of QDM started he completely lost it. He has shown his disapproval of every method of hunting and land management to the point that unless he moves to Alaska or hunts in the virgin timber of Washington, I have no idea how he can hunt in Alabama without feeling like a complete hypocrite.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 05:11 AM

QDM/QDMA is as much about education and stewardship as it is about hunting. I have seen many on here post that the enhancement and improvements and seeing the wildlife benefit is as much fun as the hunting. I gotta tell ya, when I bushhog a strip b/w thinned planted pines and then plant it and someone or a child shoots a nice buck there, I am as happy as I can be.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: truedouble

As iron sharpens iron,

personally I think 9er has lost a lot of credibility over the past few months. He has become so consumed by his hatred of QDM that he makes everything about QDM and then fails to acknowledge what QDM really is. As much as I hate to say it, I could see his point of view on the state enforcing a 3 buck limit (although I disagree with him completely) but when his relentless bashing of QDM started he completely lost it. He has shown his disapproval of every method of hunting and land management to the point that unless he moves to Alaska or hunts in the virgin timber of Washington, I have no idea how he can hunt in Alabama without feeling like a complete hypocrite.

You got it. If you 've been involved in some of his threads/posts, and pay close attention you can see it. He'll say different but most of us know better. I don't understand why he hates QDM so much. There will be changes made by DCNR next couple of years that's gonna send him over the edge.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 12:10 PM

Maybe he doesn't hate it as much as we think. Maybe he's a closet QDM"r and don't want ton admit. Come Eddie, the first step is to admit you have a problem.

Great post 2dogs ad buck trot. I couldn't agree more. Youth weekends at our farm is one of the most fun weekends I have in the woods.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 12:29 PM

I don't think he hates QDM, he hates TDM and it being forced on him by people that don't have the legal power to make the laws/regulations (his argument, not mine). I almost bet he doesn't shoot small bucks, but he doesn't want anyone telling him he can't...I can understand that.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/21/12 12:56 PM

I can understand that to but he needs to realize TDM and QDM are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 02:36 AM

There will be changes made by DCNR next couple of years that's gonna send him over the edge.

This may be why he has been railing so much against QDM, because there are some on public record who want to push greater buck restrictions.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 02:50 AM

There will be changes made by DCNR next couple of years that's gonna send him over the edge.

This may be why he has been railing so much against QDM, because there are some on public record who want to push greater buck restrictions.

Could be. Maybe he's trying to form a posse. His time might be better spent working on Montgomery.
I do see his point, but I think 3 bucks is a fair number.
Posted By: 49er

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 01:02 PM

eskimo,

I want you to know that I don't just complain here and not work to prevent these incroachments on our freedoms in other ways. I use the AAPA when it's applicable, and I plead my case to my elected representatives when the AAPA is not applicable. If it takes it, I'll use our courts.

You've seen proposed legislation on some of the matters we have discussed here. If the DCNR don't listen, then we have our Legislature that is vested with full constitutional authority to address the issues. You've seen the property line restriction that the commissioner wanted to implement dropped. I communicated with him personally about that. You've seen some of the DCNR's gun control rules dropped that we've discussed here.

I don't address the Advisory Board in their meetings because there is no obligation for them to take any action whatsoever on what you say there. They aren't required to even give you two minutes to address the board, and they can completely igonore your comments there if they choose.

There is a portion of the new Hunters Digest explaining that addressing the CAB is the proper way to have a voice in conservation issues. That's what they want you to believe. They don't want you to have the protections of the administrative review process that all other agencies are required to submit their rules to before they are implemented. It is very important for hunters and fishermen to understand the AAPA and why they have been excluded from it.

I think they realize that their wishes to implement a tagging system to enforce their qdm rules may very well open the whole issue up to AAPA review. You know how some on the CAB have pushed for that. We'll see.

The more people get involved, the more you'll see these abuses of authority end. Little groups of handpicked men who want to rule the state tend to act differently when they know someone who knows their limits is watching.

Here's a rule the CAB cooked up. If it don't concern the qdm'ers, then I don't know if they can be helped:

Quote:
6. It shall be a violation of the conditions of this permit for any person hunting under this
permit to:
1) possess a loaded rifle or shotgun on a public road, right-of-way thereof, or in a
vehicle thereon during daylight hours during the gun deer season. A public road
shall be defined as a road or way maintained by a governmental entity for use by
the general public. Guns must be empty of all ammunition in the barrel, magazine
or clip attached and all ammunition be stored in an enclosed compartment,
container, box or garment not on the person.

That's the kind of men who are making decisions about our hunting rights.
Posted By: Big Jack

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 01:54 PM

49er, that "restriction" loaded guns in a vehicle on a public road was put in there to give them another way to prosecute dog hunters. My question for you is, can they enforce that? Hell I keep several guns in my truck at all times and they are all, always loaded. My camp is in the area of a big dog hunting club and the GW frequently check them on the public road. My concern is if they stop me and check me I will be "loaded" and if they give me a ticket I will fight it in court.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 05:40 PM

49er,
I have read some of your emails that you have posted here and read of your communications with different people in different venues,whether it be the commissioner or your elected officials, so I am aware of the different avenues that you have pursued.

After going to 1 CAB meeting and speaking at that meeting, I came to the same conclusion as you, and believe it was a colossal waste of my time and energy and will never do it again.

And I know that some on ALDEER get frustrated with some of your points against certain issues, but I for one am glad that you and others have not deemed this forum as a waste of time and continue to try to educate the rest of us.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 10:22 PM

49er your hijacking the thread.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 07/22/12 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: coldtrail
49er your hijacking the thread.

Since thread is jacked, been wanting to tell ya, like the avatar. That Walkers blowing the top outa that tree. thumbup
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/08/12 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 49er
L. Thompson,
Quote:
But according to 49er, everyone that wants to let little ones walk and/or plant some food plots are all WRONG!!

That's a lie.

One more qdm'er on the ignore list. I not longer have discussions with those who lie about my opinions to distract from the subject at hand.

I can honk now....2 post on one of his threads and I was ignored...lol
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/08/12 09:08 PM

That list is growing fast. Funny part is he pretty much thinks he's always in the right lol. It's kind of like a woman that's been married 6 times, it probably aint the men's fault.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 02:00 AM

I made a decision today that I WILL NOT respond to another of his stupid threads, no matter how crazy it is. I really wish others would do the same. If he continues to find arguements he will continue posting. If people quit responding maybe he'll quit posting.
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
I made a decision today that I WILL NOT respond to another of his stupid threads, no matter how crazy it is. I really wish others would do the same. If he continues to find arguements he will continue posting. If people quit responding maybe he'll quit posting.

One can only hope lol
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 02:40 AM

it's worse than crack, hard to kick the habit

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: cartervj

it's worse than crack, hard to kick the habit

I know but I quit cold turkey, today. You can too.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 03:04 AM

Oh man. This entire site is really really funny. What would I do without Aldeer.com?

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 10:35 AM

Yep, he's out of control, he likes ignoring us, well.....lets ALL give him a dose of his own Rx.

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/09/12 10:38 AM

I cut him off over a week ago. Seeing the ignore this user note is like a breath of fresh air.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/10/12 04:57 AM

i ain't , i see no reason too
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Honk if you are being ignored by 49er - 08/10/12 04:12 PM

How exactly does one join this club? And are you taking members?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM