Aldeer.com

DIY hunt

Posted By: SMB44

DIY hunt - 06/23/12 03:16 PM

Does anyone do DIY hunts in Illionis or any other state? I am looking into it and wondering if it is worth my time and money
Posted By: foldemup

Re: DIY hunt - 06/23/12 06:17 PM

Lots of public land in Illinois and the place I went blows away other public lands I've hunted in Mississippi and Alabama

Re: DIY hunt - 06/24/12 01:50 AM

Thanks for the info i sent ya a pm
Posted By: mackdaddy

Re: DIY hunt - 06/24/12 04:25 AM

killed a 170 on crab orchard a few years ago. Ren lake area also was good

Re: DIY hunt - 06/24/12 09:12 AM

Would you mind either posting here or pming me where you went? Where did you stay? Really any advise you can offer would be awesome
Posted By: Valleyhunter106

Re: DIY hunt - 06/25/12 05:36 AM

Yep public land there is better than any private land Ive hunted here in Alabama. Ive been to KY and Ill. Went to Red Hills in Ill. for 2 years. First year was great. Second year had a die o from the blue tongue. Thats been about 5 years now so deer should have recovered. But Ky seems just as good and is a lot cheaper.

Re: DIY hunt - 06/25/12 06:47 AM

Do tell me more on this ky hunting
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: DIY hunt - 06/25/12 02:01 PM

I think we need an ALDEER DIY KY hunt.
Posted By: HOYT 09

Re: DIY hunt - 06/25/12 06:07 PM

Has anyone ever hunted the land between the lakes in ky?
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 01:08 PM

I've hunted in Kentucky a couple of times but not LBL. I have done some research on the place. I will probably end up going there for their opening weekend in September. I really need to go on a scouting trip in the next month.
Posted By: truedouble

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 01:30 PM

LOL, the public land I hunted in Illinois was better than any private land I've ever hunted in Alabama. Just make sure if you walk along way in that you kill a stud cause dragging a deer, even on a buggy, is quite a chore when your talking 250-300 pounds of dead weight.
Posted By: skintback

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: truedouble
LOL, the public land I hunted in Illinois was better than any private land I've ever hunted in Alabama. Just make sure if you walk along way in that you kill a stud cause dragging a deer, even on a buggy, is quite a chore when your talking 250-300 pounds of dead weight.

I will 2nd and 3rd that motion!Me and a buddy both killed 200# field dressed bucks a day apart and had to haul/drag them about a 1/4-1/2 a mile.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: skintback
I will 2nd and 3rd that motion!Me and a buddy both killed 200# field dressed bucks a day apart and had to haul/drag them about a 1/4-1/2 a mile.
I bet truedouble and foldemup wish they had to cart one ONLY a 1/4-1/2 mile. smile

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: JUGHEAD
I bet truedouble and foldemup wish they had to cart one ONLY a 1/4-1/2 mile. smile

Tell me about it, I'm tired just thinking about that.

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
Me too, but it makes me want to puke thinking about you whackin a moose up there this fall and me not being there to help and participate in the celebration! frown

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 05:59 PM

Me too, but it makes me want to puke thinking about you whackin a moose up there this fall and me not being there to help and participate in the celebration! frown

I hope you get the opportunity to be hospitalized with dehydration when I bust one in 1J! LOL!

Re: DIY hunt - 06/26/12 06:13 PM

I hope you get the opportunity to be hospitalized with dehydration when I bust one in 1J! LOL!
Sorry pal. They closed down 1j.

Re: DIY hunt - 06/27/12 02:09 AM

Sorry pal. They closed down 1j.

Great! That means there will be no pressured deer when I sneak in there! grin
Posted By: truedouble

Re: DIY hunt - 06/27/12 03:47 AM

yea, we had a couple of pretty good drags, didn't we? That corn field seemed like it was at least a mile wide and up the hill in the dark wasn't all that much better...LOL I've got to get back soon. One of my best hunting trips ever...

Re: DIY hunt - 06/27/12 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: truedouble
yea, we had a couple of pretty good drags, didn't we?
We've had some doozies since too. I think I'm gonna start hunting right by the road and hope for the best. grin

Re: DIY hunt - 06/27/12 03:04 PM

Great! That means there will be no pressured deer when I sneak in there! grin
I hope you kill the biggest sumbuck that ever walked through there....as long as I ain't going. laugh

Re: DIY hunt - 06/28/12 02:12 AM

Well i have never drug a deer that far but i have packed out an elk or 2 from some purty good distances... The fun is over once it drops. There is no truer statement about elk hunting...

Re: DIY hunt - 06/28/12 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: SMB44
Well i have never drug a deer that far but i have packed out an elk or 2 from some purty good distances... The fun is over once it drops. There is no truer statement about elk hunting...

Elk is pretty darn bad also...especially when it's not even your elk...been apart of that scenerio twice too with a multi mile pack out on back.

Re: DIY hunt - 06/28/12 03:42 AM

That's funny cuz I ain't shot one but I have packed 2 of them suckers out... Got some meat outta it tho.... All I can remember about the first part was my buddy keep sayin I can smell him we must b gettin close ! Took us about 6 hrs round trip with 4 ppl
© 2024 ALDEER.COM