Aldeer.com

Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump

Posted By: Clem

Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/12/24 07:02 PM

Likely another blast of winter before April but with greenup going on and turkey season near, when do y'all refresh your Clorox stumps?

I usually wait until after that last cold blast and then hit 'em hard so they'll be primed for summer.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/12/24 07:09 PM

We started last week here on the edge of the marshes!!! The rain needs to stop before the water comes up and washes all the Clorox away!! Couple of my regular stumps is just about down to the roots. Them ole soft willow and cypress stumps don’t last long!!
Posted By: Antelope08

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/12/24 09:32 PM

Does any type of tree stump work for a clorox stump? I am looking at cutting down a medium size sweet gum or something.....
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/12/24 09:34 PM

Glad you brought this up. Gonna add Chlorox stumps to my supplemental attractant program this year and was wondering when is the best time to apply, before or after Easter.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/12/24 09:54 PM

When we added wild bird seed and sunflower seed to the feeders. (Turkeys love it) We take several gallons with us.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 12:04 AM

Did a few last week.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 12:38 AM

I’m in the process of replacing the mock orange (bodock) tree corner post that my great, great granddaddy put up on one of our grazing pastures. So I got to thinking that since these tree posts have a few hundred years of life left that they will make a great Clorox licking post. When the deer lick the bark of these things I’ll post pictures.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 12:42 AM

What in the Sam Hill are yall talking about??

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
I’m in the process of replacing the mock orange (bodock) tree corner post that my great, great granddaddy put up on one of our grazing pastures. So I got to thinking that since these tree posts have a few hundred years of life left that they will make a great Clorox licking post. When the deer lick the bark of these things I’ll post pictures.

Now that’s using your head, Jimmy!!! Genius I say!!!
Posted By: kyles

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 12:58 AM

Remember I got a ticket from hunting over one without a baiting permit
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 01:01 AM

Gonna run a test this summer. Have 2 stumps 5 feet apart. Dollar General bleach on one and Clorox brand on the other…
Posted By: quailman

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 01:03 AM

Gonner be a lot of piebalds next year. Disclaimer: Dollar General bleach just gives them heartburn.
Posted By: blade

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life
Gonna run a test this summer. Have 2 stumps 5 feet apart. Dollar General bleach on one and Clorox brand on the other…

Be careful, I ruined some good stumps with Purex.

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 01:35 AM

Looking forward to CNC’s thread around the middle of December.

Has Clorox stumps caused the decline in tracking? Discuss.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 03:09 AM

Finally an important, informative thread instead of the BS CNC is slinging.

👍
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/13/24 07:25 PM

Alan,

Make sure you refresh them at night, under the cover of darkness. Be real quite too. Don't let any deer hear you talk about what you are doing. They might get suspicious and stop using your clorox stumps.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 01:36 AM

I wait till all my baby calds have crawled from their nooks…they are cute when they’re little

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 02:17 AM

Haha I’m thinking this must be something like a reference to Timber’s mom or a duzen arras.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 06:57 PM

This feels like going on a snipe hunt to me.

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lockjaw

Yeah and I think you and me are the bag men.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pwyse
Haha I’m thinking this must be something like a reference to Timber’s mom or a duzen arras.

Follow the science…. Clorox (sodium hypochlorite) is NaOCl suspended in H2O, table salt is NaCl. If someone were to pour out NaOCL on the ground or a stump and the Oxygen molecule were to evaporate along with the H2O carrier, what would be left behind? Pure table salt, NaCl. Now the question is…. Who is the joke really on? The folks that pour Clorox on a stump or the group trying to convince folks it’s an old wives’ tale?

grin

You don’t have to believe me…feel free to do your own research.

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 07:49 PM

Refreshing at night definitely is a plus, especially close to sanctuary areas where no human can enter without risk of ruining it forever.

A limit on the number of non-residents who can create Clorox stumps is being considered. Gotta protect the future.

Purex blows. Quality matters. Use Clorox.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 08:07 PM

Uncle runs a pressure washing business. He just picked up 2 drums of the good stuff!!! Game changer. I may even put it on some heart pine stumps I have marked…
No need to post logical information BC it’s irrelevant on this site

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 08:30 PM

Whoooeeeee, two drums? That'll set you up for a good while. Nice!

Be careful putting it out so your hands don't turn piebald bleachy white. grin
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/14/24 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life

No need to post logical information BC it’s irrelevant on this site

My bad bro. . . I’m suffering from big fish small pond syndrome. rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/20/24 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Clem

Refreshing at night definitely is a plus, especially close to sanctuary areas where no human can enter without risk of ruining it forever.

A limit on the number of non-residents who can create Clorox stumps is being considered. Gotta protect the future.

Purex blows. Quality matters. Use Clorox.

I always serpentine walk in just to be extra careful.

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/20/24 12:47 PM

I had to search out new stumps yesterday. Daggum rain made the water come up and diluted my regular stumps!!! But as I poled my pirogue up to them slowly I could see a bunch of crawfish licking on them. They benefit lots of different critters out there.

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/20/24 03:49 PM

Definitely will help the crawfish during the rut.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/22/24 01:49 AM

Started one behind the house a couple of weeks ago.Looked out there this morning and two does were already on it…
Posted By: Antelope08

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 03/23/24 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bull64
Started one behind the house a couple of weeks ago.Looked out there this morning and two does were already on it…

I started one about a week ago behind the house and have tracks all over it where they have started to dig down in it......

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 05/06/24 03:17 PM

With all the rain we've had recently, it's a good time to freshen your Clorox stump with some go-go juice. Get the good stuff.

That is, unless your stump is nestled within a persimmon thicket that serves as the sanctuary. Then either leave it alone or zip in-out quickly.
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 05/06/24 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

Follow the science…. Clorox (sodium hypochlorite) is NaOCl suspended in H2O, table salt is NaCl. If someone were to pour out NaOCL on the ground or a stump and the Oxygen molecule were to evaporate along with the H2O carrier, what would be left behind? Pure table salt, NaCl. Now the question is…. Who is the joke really on? The folks that pour Clorox on a stump or the group trying to convince folks it’s an old wives’ tale?

It's always the ones who have never tried it that think they know better.

Re: Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump - 05/06/24 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by whack-n-stack
Originally Posted by BCLC

It's always the ones who have never tried it that think they know better.

This!! Also all the ones that are looking for something to keep the deer off the summer plots until they can sustain grazing pressure should pot out a Clorox stump or 2 and that will solve their problem. A few $ in Clorox is a lot better then the high $ chemicals or replanting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM