Aldeer.com

The Really Big Boys are on the move

Posted By: jawbone

The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:22 AM

In our part of Dallas County. 4 whoppers, and I don't use that term lightly were killed either on us or close to us this weekend. If you can go, now is the time.
Posted By: jb20

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:23 AM

The really big ones come out after being locked down

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:32 AM

They come out after the younger ones have expended all their energy and the big ones are the only ones left with energy to rut the rest of the season.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 05:00 AM

What part of Dallas.

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
What part of Dallas.

Sardis Area.
Posted By: Bucky6969

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 10:16 AM

Nice we headed up Sunday hope it’s not to late
Posted By: top cat

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 11:05 AM

Had a nice one out back yesterday for the 10th time. Just need his grand father to show up
Posted By: Antelope08

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 02:47 PM

I will be in Monroe county for a few days starting tomorrow.....
Posted By: cgardner

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:11 PM

Ours in Randolph County are done!
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:49 PM

So, are you gona post a picture or twoor are we supposed to just imagine what thse deer look like?

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Here, ill help you. Heres one of the big deer thats driving my son nuts.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 04:54 PM

Yep
Posted By: turkey247

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 05:08 PM

The young bucks will have to do all the breeding where my cameras are rolling, cause the older bucks have been kilt already. Yeah, I know, they start roaming, etc, etc., - but we usually get roaming mature bucks this time of the year in bunches ourselves. This year - nothing but young fellas hanging around having fun. Surely two full months of rifle season before the first stages of the rut, has nothing to do with that, you wouldn’t think…… grin
Posted By: ShootemupTex

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 05:47 PM

Don't tell me this, I told myself Sunday that I'm done for the season. Must work, must work.....ARRRRRGHHH
Posted By: TDog93

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 05:48 PM

^^
3 years ago i had like 7 mature on 256 acre and next year only 1 remained - got one mature 5 year old this year. And i never shot none of those 7

I got 1 stinking 5 year old shooter - no good visitors

My other property i never shot on last year i got one 7 year old - my only shooter. One decent 8 that may be 4 and just had a visitor that is 4-5 i would shoot. And the 7 year old that i think still alive i aint seen since November

With more switching winds than i seen in a quarter century combined and almost nothing to shoot and as usual no monsters - been a season from hades. Almost 0 to get excited about!!
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 09:28 PM

I’m not saying I wouldn’t shoot it, nor am I saying you or your son should not. But that deer would be a stud next year JW

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/29/24 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life
I’m not saying I wouldn’t shoot it, nor am I saying you or your son should not. But that deer would be a stud next year JW

If we see him, he wont live till next year. Hes the second best deer weve had pics of. If he does make it till next year and were still getting pictures, we will be better prepared and he will get hunted hard. Hes regular as clockwork around here and has already showed up in daylight twice. I think i can do just a little work to this food plot, screening mainly, and do a much better job of staying out of here, and next year should be better.
Posted By: globe

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/30/24 12:21 AM

Deer are crazy, I had a good one on camera in September, and he disappeared. He showed back up this am and this pm.
Guess he’s done catting around
Posted By: RandanAL

Re: The Really Big Boys are on the move - 01/30/24 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by Ridge Life

If we see him, he wont live till next year. Hes the second best deer weve had pics of. If he does make it till next year and were still getting pictures, we will be better prepared and he will get hunted hard. Hes regular as clockwork around here and has already showed up in daylight twice. I think i can do just a little work to this food plot, screening mainly, and do a much better job of staying out of here, and next year should be better.
I can't imagine a buck like that gets passed on by many people.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM