Aldeer.com

Mbrock

Posted By: Backwards cowboy

Mbrock - 01/14/24 12:52 PM

Which one of those cell cams did you tell me you had, I believe it was a Moultrie, and are they still working good. Anyone else that has a opinion, please chime in think I'm gonna order one today or tomorrow. Thx
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 01:17 PM

Moultrie Edge hard to beat for money.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 01:22 PM

I've got Spartan and Tactacam. Spartan is by far the best I've used, the plan is 35 for 3 months and batteries last forever. Tactacam good camera and priced well , only drawback is picture quality and it uses batteries. I pay 25 a month for unlimited pics on 2 cameras
Posted By: crocker

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ridgestalker
Moultrie Edge hard to beat for money.

Did Moultrie finally get one right? I know their last few cell cameras have not been good from my experience
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 02:10 PM

I do have the Moultrie Edge. So far it’s been a great camera with a very easy app to navigate.

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 03:49 PM

Dag gum Jake, had made up my mind to get the Moultrie, and now you got me looking at that spartan. I always over think crap. Lol thanks yall! I appreciate the input

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 03:52 PM

Man I love my Spartan it takes great pics and it is soft on batteries

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 04:57 PM

I think you've just about convinced me!

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 05:03 PM

Is the 35 for three months unlimited pictures?

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 05:08 PM

No it's something like 3 mb I've never went over in the 3 years this camera has been running. There are other plans also

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 05:21 PM

Do you have the $200 or $400 model

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 06:20 PM

It's the go cam I paid 200 now I think their cheaper
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 10:07 PM

On the Spartan cameras, it’s only $5/ month for additional cameras and they can share the data. I run 5 cameras on the 3gb over 3 months and have never used up the data. My cameras take lots of pictures and videos and the batteries will last longer than a year with energizer lithium

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 10:18 PM

This^^^ not Mb it is Gbs thank you foldemup.

Re: Mbrock - 01/14/24 10:31 PM

I think yall talked me into it, gonna order one tomorrow. Grandson has the Moultrie pro, and his pic looked good. But idk crap about them.
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Mbrock - 01/16/24 02:40 PM

For what it’s worth, I run a lot of cell cams and have tried nearly everyone over the years.
Moultrie is getting MUCH better. Edge and Edge pro are very good.

Spartan is falling off. They use to be my goto but plans are getting worse by every update. I’m not sure what’s going on with them but the same cameras in the same spot under the same plan for the last 3 years. 2 years ago I never ran out of data. This year for some reason all my plans seem to run out before the “session” ends. Can’t put my finger on why. I have 8 cams right now that I have to send back to repairs.

Tactacam have remained about the same. Work very well.

Save the heart ache and buy a solar panel from HERD360. Well worth every penny.

In the foreseeable future my next purchases will be Moultrie.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Mbrock - 01/16/24 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by therealhojo
Can’t put my finger on why. I have 8 cams right now that I have to send back to repairs.

You have 8 Spartans that need repair, or 8 cameras? If they all 8 are Spartans, how many are you running? Me and the guys that I hunt with in Illinois run 15 or so and to best of my knowledge, no major issues. I did have a messed up SIM card one time and they just sent me a new card and it worked fine. Only other issue I’m aware of is there is 1 specific location on the lease that has always had a functional camera, that for some reason didn’t have a good signal to send pictures this year. No idea why. My cameras are all 4 years old
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Mbrock - 01/17/24 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by foldemup
Originally Posted by therealhojo
Can’t put my finger on why. I have 8 cams right now that I have to send back to repairs.

You have 8 Spartans that need repair, or 8 cameras? If they all 8 are Spartans, how many are you running? Me and the guys that I hunt with in Illinois run 15 or so and to best of my knowledge, no major issues. I did have a messed up SIM card one time and they just sent me a new card and it worked fine. Only other issue I’m aware of is there is 1 specific location on the lease that has always had a functional camera, that for some reason didn’t have a good signal to send pictures this year. No idea why. My cameras are all 4 years old

Yes, 8 Spartans. Different issues on each. Some need a firmware update but they won’t take it manually. 1 has internal batter that is dead and won’t power on. Won’t charge. 1 has the night filter stuck and will not take night pics. Others I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’ve had small issues for year but have been able to fix them on my own but these I can’t.

I’m running about 50 Spartans. Close to 120 total between all camera's. Gets very expensive. Spartan is by far the most expensive to run, unless you have a Verizon account and can put them on that.

Re: Mbrock - 01/17/24 01:33 AM

Everybody I know that has Spartan cams never have had a problem with them
© 2024 ALDEER.COM