Aldeer.com

Who’s chancing it

Posted By: Turkey_neck

Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:02 AM

I’m coming home at lunch and putting seed down as long as rain keeps coming.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:04 AM

I dang sure need to.
Posted By: fireman176

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:04 AM

I drove up to lease and threw 200# of seed Monday!
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:11 AM

We finished ours at quarter til 7 tonight.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:18 AM

Wish mine was n ground - supposed to plant tomorrrow - suposed to b a rain out - maybe i can plant by friday
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:49 AM

Just put it out whenever. It will come up when it rains. This ain't rocket science
Posted By: johnv

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:53 AM

Got mine in last weekend
Posted By: G/H

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 02:12 AM

Did mine tonight. Tried the spray, spread seed and bush hog. We will see
Posted By: blade

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Just put it out whenever. It will come up when it rains. This ain't rocket science

Friend of mine used to tell me “we just growing grass, make sure seeds touching the ground, give em fertilizer, sun and rain and it’ll be fine.” He’s right.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by DGAMBLER
We finished ours at quarter til 7 tonight.

Same here. Got half of everything planted last Saturday and finished everything today. Bring the rain.

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 10:54 AM

Well Monday night they said 1” for our area this morning 1/10” so I may be holding off.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:02 AM

We got 10 tons of lime down. It’s sitting on. Top. Hope it doesn’t wash away.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:12 AM

I need some I got grass coming up from over a week ago now, I'm hoping it was just some seed that was on top of the ground that dew got
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:17 AM

If its like last year it will rain a week before first frost.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 12:05 PM

Got mine finished up last night around 6pm.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 12:47 PM

I’ve been frantically planting clients and now it don’t even look like we’ll get anything
Posted By: kyles

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:15 PM

Rain is staying south of us turkeys are having a feast on my seed.But i had rather kill a turkey than 5 deer. I am going to throw somemore
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 01:23 PM

I took off work yesterday and my dad and I got all of ours down
Posted By: quailman

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 07:11 PM

Looks like we timed it perfect down here. Threw seeds on Monday, and getting a good drizzling rain all day.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 07:56 PM

LITE SPRANKLIN IN B-HAM RIGHT NOW

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 08:45 PM

It hasn’t rained enough to wet the dirt in Montgomery so I’m holding off.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 09:12 PM

I put out some fertilizer sunday, but really want to see rain coming again soon before I put seed out.
Posted By: hawndog

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 09:15 PM

I’m through chasing rain. Put it in the ground when you have time. After it rains it will come up
Posted By: MoeBuck

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 10:08 PM

I’m a little worried with mine. Ground was pulverized into powder. I was a little scared to even drag it the ground was so dry and fluffed up. I just threw my mix on top and hoping the rain would do the rest. We’ve had a pretty steady rain since lunchtime.
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 10:29 PM

Getting a real good soaking in Central Baldwin County. Seed has been in ground 9 days. We got a little rain a day or so after planting and the Lord blessed Us with this rain, should be real good on it.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:09 PM

I don’t know how you could get a better situation for plot planting in the southern half of the state. Timing, type of rain, etc. The only trade off was discing dry ground conditions. But overall - this is spot on.
Posted By: CrappieMan

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:15 PM

Good soaking rain for a while now.
Posted By: Seminole93

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:24 PM

Planted and finished covering today as rain started

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:25 PM

I should have planted. If I had though y’all would be sol for rain though.
Posted By: Bamarich2

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:26 PM

Thinking we were going to just get a small amount of rain, we were doing to use a seed drill tomorrow. With the amount we've already gotten plus what looks to be coming, we're going to have to back up and punt on that plan. Thinking we'll do well to get seed broadcasted tomorrow and hopefully cultipack on Friday. With a few untilled fields left to do, thinking we're going to just broadcast seed out and then lightly disk it in on Friday too.
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/11/23 11:48 PM

The amount that radar says I’m getting at the camp SHOULD create a situation conducive to planting in another week or so. It’s been so dry there I could only be excited for this rain to soften the soil a bit. I’m not going to rush to plant anything for another two weeks probably.
Posted By: fr8-shkr

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 12:58 AM

I got mine down, finished by noon. Macon County. Glad I did too. Now I hope it wont dry out again and die.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247
I don’t know how you could get a better situation for plot planting in the southern half of the state. Timing, type of rain, etc. The only trade off was discing dry ground conditions. But overall - this is spot on.

Yep. I planted all 7 of mine yesterday.
It was a long day of hard work for one man, but I got it done about 7:30 last night after starting at daylight.
I had disced and harrowed them all over the weekend, so it was just spreading seed/fertilizer and cultipacking.
The rain started here about 1:00 this afternoon. I just checked my rain gauge and so far I’ve gotten almost 0.8”.
Should have some beautiful fields this year.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 02:05 AM

Getting the perfect rain today in Tallassee, glad I planted yesterday. Let’s hope the throw and mow worked

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 02:34 AM

Hope i can plant my 2 limed fields friday - we getn bunch of rain now. On my small unlimed bottom field i planted w miss blend and crimson today. Field was sprayed month ago - dead grass laying over - threw big seed - put drag on it - threw crimson and fertilizer then just rode over it w truck - been raining for hours since - think it should come up - hope to do rest friday if not too wet
Posted By: T-town

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 03:00 AM

My seed is still in the barn. Waiting until more rain in the forecast. Hope todays was enough to close up the cracks in the rock hard clay.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 12:31 PM

Glad i got my seed in the ground Tuesday evening. Got a long steady rain in shelby county.

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 12:49 PM

John at tville feed and seed has pretty good deal on a 6-way - rape,crimson, yucci clover, wheat, oats and winter peas for $23.50
Will try to plant 2 lined fields friday - tville prob got over an inch on slow soaking rain that lasted prob 8 hours or more
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 01:40 PM

Got 1.2” on our property. We’re gonna no-till drill tomorrow. Should be enough moisture in the ground to get us to the next rain
Posted By: BPI

Re: Who’s chancing it - 10/12/23 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by hawndog
I’m through chasing rain. Put it in the ground when you have time. After it rains it will come up

Did this 2 weeks ago and I'm glad I did. It was starting to sprout before the rains yesterday. Now it ought to take off.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM