Aldeer.com

New sprayer problem

Posted By: ridgestalker

New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 01:01 AM

Bought a 26 gal North Star wand/boomless. Fill with water and no leaks. It will not build pressure and shut off and barely get a trickle of nozzles.Do these have to be primed or something? The book doesn’t show anything about start that suggests it.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 01:10 AM

Check the little screen/screens that's at the hose joints. Make sure valves are open correctly , take the hoses loose and make sure they aren't blocked .
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 01:20 AM

Mine has 3 handles to control the flow. 1 to the boom, 1 to the hand wand,and 1 pressure building. If yours has this close it till around 60 psi. Fixed, or lose battery connections, I've seen that also. Maybe that helps?
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 02:16 AM

Sometimes mine will loose it’s prime. I’ll have to pull the hose off and pour water in it to make it go. That’s the sprayer for my tractor
Posted By: TDog93

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 03:00 AM

Mine has 2 nobs i open one and close other or partially open and close to build pressure

Mine is 2 years old and would not spray last weekend - i put a water hose on suction line at bottom of tank amd started working great
Posted By: auburn17

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 03:51 AM

Mine did the same thing when new, adjust the pressure knob under the gauge. Mine came with pressure turned all the way down
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 07:32 AM

Make sure to clean thoroughly after use! Flush, flush, flush...

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by TDog93
Mine has 2 nobs i open one and close other or partially open and close to build pressure

Mine is 2 years old and would not spray last weekend - i put a water hose on suction line at bottom of tank amd started working great

The suction line in tank is rigid . The tank is full of water are you talking about forcing water?
Originally Posted by auburn17
Mine did the same thing when new, adjust the pressure knob under the gauge. Mine came with pressure turned all the way down

I’ve tried that. Thanks
Originally Posted by OlTimer
Make sure to clean thoroughly after use! Flush, flush, flush...

It’s brand new never used.
Posted By: billrv

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 11:41 AM

clean everything, filter hoses fittings there will be some shavings from the holes cut for the fittings
Posted By: k bush

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 11:52 AM

Sounds like it’s sucking air. Check all the fittings, may have to replace a hose clamp
Posted By: TDog93

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 01:05 PM

My regid line running to bottom of tank would flex a little - i got hose under it and pushed water thru w hose pressure - works now
I prob did not flush good enough year before
Posted By: Stoney

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 02:24 PM

Adjust pressure knob under gauge and make sure it is getting a good battery connection. Make sure you have the valve that opens boom sprayer and or hand sprayer, turned in the right direction. I have several of these and they are great sprayers!
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 02:35 PM

If the agitator valve is open it might not build pressure
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 07:39 PM

Adjust pressure knob, and also, there should be a flip valve that sends the spray solution to the boom and the hand wand. You should be able to turn the pump on and twist the knob and see pressure come up on the gauge.

Re: New sprayer problem - 09/01/23 10:15 PM

Customer service is sending a regulator for it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM