Aldeer.com

Kansas Baiting

Posted By: cgardner

Kansas Baiting - 08/18/23 01:12 AM

Buddy went to the big meeting today. Said there was a TON of push back on the proposed bait ban. He doesn’t expect a vote for at least another year.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/18/23 01:39 AM

My buddy went on a turkey hunt to Kansas this past season, they set 3 guys up over a feeder and said don't call any, they all got their birds lined up in a row, not my kinda hunt, buddy said he would not do it again
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/19/23 10:44 AM

If I were worried about my turkey numbers…….the first thing I do is ban hunting over bait. Makes zero sense to allow it to continue.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/19/23 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gobl4me
If I were worried about my turkey numbers…….the first thing I do is ban hunting over bait. Makes zero sense to allow it to continue.

I’ve heard a podcast reference a study that showed zero difference in the amount and ease of kill between hunters that baited and hunters that didn’t. So, it may not be that cut and dry.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/19/23 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

I’ve heard a podcast reference a study that showed zero difference in the amount and ease of kill between hunters that baited and hunters that didn’t. So, it may not be that cut and dry.

That study would be absolute crap then.

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/19/23 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock

I guess we can all pick and choose which studies are crap.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/19/23 10:29 PM

I guess we can all pick and choose which studies are crap.

Do you honestly believe the way you worded the results of the study are reflective of an unbiased scientifically valid study with accurate results in regards to the ease of killing TURKEYS?

If so, then yes, I can choose to throw it out entirely if they concluded there to be zero difference in ease of kills between those baiting and those not, because it would be entirely false.

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/19/23 11:27 PM

Ok
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/21/23 11:49 PM

I agree for down there. Up here in Oregon/Wa, you call they come. I called in a few in Idaho by mouth while scouting. I think it's due to season structures and hunter numbers. More land as well.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Kansas Baiting - 08/22/23 02:18 AM

I watched a video of my buddies hunting over a feeder in Kansas for turkeys, I hunted Mo. with no feed, man it was a blast, best hunting i have eveer had!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM