Aldeer.com

How to kill trees?

Posted By: Stickem

How to kill trees? - 06/07/23 08:32 PM

Would love to pick some of your brains on what chemical is best for killing trees when using hack and squirt method? Thank you!
Posted By: BCLC

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/07/23 08:37 PM

Spike 80DF
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/07/23 08:56 PM

I use Arsenal. Also use a hatchet instead of machete because it cuts deeper.
Posted By: donia

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/07/23 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Spike 80DF

Yep. Proof provided by Updike!
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 12:42 AM

I took my chainsaw and cut about 1 inch deep all the way around some 20+ inch diameter sweet gums and sprayed immediately in the cut with a 50/50 mix of 41% glyosphate and water. They are all dying within 3 weeks of spraying.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Squadron77

Arsenal will kill everything - INCLUDING trees. Be careful when using.
Posted By: Stickem

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 02:07 AM

Thank you fellas! I'll be getting busy here pretty soon.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 03:35 AM

Look up the updyke recipe.
Posted By: k bush

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 01:15 PM

Dr Craig harper's TSI mix:
50% Garlon 3A (Triclopyr Amine)
40% water
10% Imazapyr
It must be mixed in that order. The Imazapyr work on species that the Triclopyr is weak on and vice versa. Get you a good Eastwing or Fiskars hatchet and a spray bottle. One squirt per 3" diameter. I've done drill/fill using a cordless impact with a 3/8" auger bit and it works. But I've gone to using a hatchet for efficiency.

Triumph RTU is a generic for Tordon RTU and is available in quart bottles, the last I bought was around $20/qt. This may be a cheaper option if you don't have a large area to do.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by k bush
40% water
10% Imazapyr
It must be mixed in that order. The Imazapyr work on species that the Triclopyr is weak on and vice versa. Get you a good Eastwing or Fiskars hatchet and a spray bottle. One squirt per 3" diameter. I've done drill/fill using a cordless impact with a 3/8" auger bit and it works. But I've gone to using a hatchet for efficiency.

Triumph RTU is a generic for Tordon RTU and is available in quart bottles, the last I bought was around $20/qt. This may be a cheaper option if you don't have a large area to do.

Will the Garlon kill pines? I tried to thin young pines a couple years ago with gly + imazapyr and it didn't bother them. It did kill the hardwoods.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hunting-231
Originally Posted by Squadron77

Arsenal will kill everything - INCLUDING trees. Be careful when using.

Not pine trees when sprayed aerially.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 03:58 PM

40% water
10% Imazapyr

How are you mixing the tordon?

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
40% water
10% Imazapyr

Will the Garlon kill pines? I tried to thin young pines a couple years ago with gly + imazapyr and it didn't bother them. It did kill the hardwoods.

My handy dandy pocket chart says Triclopyr does control pine. Haven't applied this mix to any yet, but I have a couple of propects in mind.

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
40% water
10% Imazapyr

I don't, the RTU is "ready to use"
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/08/23 10:54 PM

40% water
10% Imazapyr

How does it do on gum, poplar and oaks?
Posted By: geeb1

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/09/23 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by donia
Spike 80DF

Yep. Proof provided by Updike!

😂

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/09/23 08:45 AM

40% water
10% Imazapyr

How does it do on gum, poplar and oaks?

Dead
Posted By: gobbler

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/23/23 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

It will but glyphosate is better at it
Posted By: CNC

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/23/23 02:59 AM

Goobler!!!......I thought you had done R-U-N-N-O-F-T grin
Posted By: 007

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/23/23 03:12 PM

Stickem, there are several things to know before I’d feel good about suggestions. As you are using a very targeted application method, are you concerned with hurting nearby trees you don’t want to kill? What are your primary target species? What is the setting? Is it forestry, wildlife habitat, or your backyard?
Posted By: gobbler

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/24/23 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by CNC
Goobler!!!......I thought you had done R-U-N-N-O-F-T grin

tired
Posted By: BPI

Re: How to kill trees? - 06/26/23 05:16 PM

Spike 80DF

Updyke em
© 2024 ALDEER.COM