Aldeer.com

Poacher ID help

Posted By: Lockjaw

Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 09:09 PM

Anyone? I have his cellular trail cam and moultrie feeder.

[Linked Image]

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 09:09 PM

Drives a pretty new white GM truck. Not sure if Chev or GMC.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 09:24 PM

Pic is a year old????

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 09:38 PM

This guy put a camera and feeder on my work property in Vestavia last july. That pic is off his trail cam of him. I just pulled the camera and feeder out and was zipping thru the video looking for a pic of the owner.

So probably someone local to Vestavia would be my guess.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 09:43 PM

Find out who the camera is registered to. Someone is paying the bill.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 11:30 PM

I can't tell what is in the right hand, but he has been hunting your place.
Posted By: Rainbowstew

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/21/23 11:50 PM

That's a pistol in his hand!
Posted By: Chorn

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/22/23 12:02 AM

If he's poaching he ain't very smart wearing hunters orange
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/22/23 01:40 AM

Hope you get him!

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/22/23 05:38 PM

Hey Bobby, Harris said just you won the ugliest poacher pic submission!!

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/23/23 04:32 AM

Harris is a good man! We are lucky to have him. He is also funny as hell! He has helped me a bunch dealing with the POS poachers in my area.

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/23/23 06:15 PM

He's got our man. Powers that be said for Harris to give him a very stern warning and if caught again, we will prosecute fully.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/23/23 06:57 PM

That was quick work. Good for the GW. Love to see someone making the effort to do a great job and service for the the law abiding property owners and leaseholders. If he found him that quick, he probably already knew who he was.....which generally means it's not his first rodeo with being on properties without permission.

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/23/23 07:24 PM

I am going to see if he will tell me the guys name, and then I will let Vestavia PD know too. Usually if they poach, they do other illegal stuff.

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/23/23 10:52 PM

Harris in the house! He is a great GW! Johnny on the spot. I have heard on this forum lots of stories about bad GW’s but I have never experienced that. Nothing even close to that. Harris and his boss Kerry have been there to serve ever time I have called. They are exemplary GW’s in their field and I don’t know about the GW’s in the other county’s but if they are assholes or complacent in their jobs or responsibilities, they need to take notes on how the guys in Jefferson County handle their business as civil servants. Top Notch!
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/24/23 05:49 PM

Guy probably works at Marks outdoors
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/24/23 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lockjaw
He's got our man. Powers that be said for Harris to give him a very stern warning and if caught again, we will prosecute fully.

It sounds like he has connections with the "powers to be" if they said let him off the hook and they are just covering for him. Are they making you give back the camera and feeder?

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/24/23 11:20 PM

No my bosses said to give him a warning this time. If we catch him again, then we prosecute.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/25/23 01:02 AM

No my bosses said to give him a warning this time. If we catch him again, then we prosecute.

Tell your bosses they screwed up
That way you can say I told you so next yr
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/25/23 06:34 PM

Brave putting a camera and a feeder on someone else’s land. Guess poachers got to hunt over feeders to
Posted By: aucivil

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/26/23 11:42 AM

If it's company owned land (not timberland), maybe he thought nobody was hunting it. Still not legal. We leased 400 acres of company land that backed up to public land and the poaching was unreal. GW's claimed they got 17 poachers in one weekend.

Re: Poacher ID help - 03/26/23 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2

Tell your bosses they screwed up
That way you can say I told you so next yr

I hope he learns hia lesson when the GW shows up and gives him some static. He's out the Moultrie feeder with a shocker too. We still have that.
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: Poacher ID help - 04/18/23 07:04 PM

Why the second chance? I'm sure the guy is a POS!!!!! Prosecute!!!!!!!
Posted By: GrandSlam

Re: Poacher ID help - 05/15/23 03:03 AM

Yep, boss messed up. He’s probably already told everyone he knows that he got off with a warning. You’ll be armpit deep in poachers next season. No reason not to prosecute to the fullest.
Posted By: billrv

Re: Poacher ID help - 05/16/23 12:52 PM

Just giving a warning is foolish it is a waste of time and resources, do you really think he will not do this again somewhere else
© 2024 ALDEER.COM