Aldeer.com

Tactacam Reveal X questions..

Posted By: FurFlyin

Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 12:54 AM

My camera stopped sending pictures last Sunday. I haven't had time to check it out until today. It says on my phone that the camera has 30% battery and the card is 66% full. I get to the camera and there are no lights on. I turn it off, remove the SD card, insert a new SD card and turn it back on. It won't come on. No light, no nothing. So, are the batteries dead, or did the camera die? With the camera off, when I look at my phone, it still says 30% battery and 66% full SD card. I don't have enough double A batteries in the house to put new ones in to find out. Will have to wait until tomorrow.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 01:17 AM

Batteries could be dead. Mine send a text starting at 20% battery life. Try new batteries.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 01:19 AM

Share some pictures
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 01:35 AM

Batteries are dead. Mine do that all the time. Once they get below 40% the battery meter isn’t very accurate. I’ve had em quit at 30 and had to all the way to 1. Doesn’t make sense. But I’d bet good money it’s just the battery.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 02:08 AM

You got dead batrees
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 02:12 AM

Solar charger
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 02:41 AM

Batteries are probably dead
. Some of mine will die when they get to 30 percent. I had one randomly quit that won’t do anything so it’s going back to Tactacam

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fullthrottle
Share some pictures

You want to see a one antlered spike and some does?
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Share some pictures

Lol sure

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 03:12 AM

The solar chargers are worth their weight in gold. I put one out in September and the batteries are still at 100% and that camera has taken 1000s of pictures.
Posted By: BCD

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 08:45 PM

Had similar issue with one of mine. Finally had time to go check on it and picked up deer at processor. Anyway mine I had gotten there with new batteries and a new SD card. Had to end up pulling the cell card and reinstall per customer service started right back to working.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/05/23 10:38 PM

Thanks guys, I'm going to go get batteries and see if it still works.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 12:58 AM

Get the solar charger. 60 bucks and u never have to change batteries. Well worth it.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 01:20 AM

thumbup

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 01:39 AM

Brad, if you are going to buy a solar charger I would buy from Herd360.com

Tactacam Solar Panel w/360 Armored Solar Cable $69.95

Description

Tactacm Solar Panel

Reveal by Tactacam’s 12-volt External Solar Panel with integrated rechargeable Lithium battery is designed to provide power to all brands of Trail Cameras – even if the host camera batteries are dead.

Solar Cable

Herd 360's 360 Armored Solar Cable is 7'6" long and protects the cable from animals like squirrels and mice that like to chew on cables. Also protecting the device from possible short circuit.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 01:52 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 02:29 AM

I was told this weekend that when batteries get to 50% you should change them.
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 03:13 AM

Yep, battery issue. I’ve got 9 in the woods. Overwhelming majority of the time when they quit sending pics it’s a battery issue.
Posted By: James

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bulls eye
Get the solar charger. 60 bucks and u never have to change batteries. Well worth it.

I was/am having battery issues with one so i hooked up a solar panel, PLUS added new batteries, and it still quit working. Installed new batteries and she fired up back up. I went back in 3 weeks later to feed up and figured I'd go ahead and ad some fresh batteries because it only seemed to want to work for 3 to 4 weeks, well added new batteries and i be damned if it didn't quit 3 days later 🤣 Right in the middle of the rut 🤷🏾‍♂️ Seasons over now so i reckon i need to get in touch with 'em about it.
Posted By: Chiller

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 11:49 AM

Mine are on external battery. Put them out 1st of October and pulled them last weekend. No issues with battery life or camera. I may look into solar if these batteries ever go out.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 12:48 PM

The solar panel isn’t the fix you think it is. It’s just a longer battery. AND when they’re dead, you have to take them down and go charge them and put them back. Charge 100% before setting up in the woods (4-5 hours). It the woods, external high capacity 12v batteries are a better option.
Posted By: aucivil

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by swamp_fever2002
The solar panel isn’t the fix you think it is. It’s just a longer battery. AND when they’re dead, you have to take them down and go charge them and put them back. Charge 100% before setting up in the woods (4-5 hours). It the woods, external high capacity 12v batteries are a better option.

I'm considering adding a solar panel to my external 12AH battery.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 01:52 PM

I use the alkaline energizer batteries. I get several months out of them and they are 1/4 the cost of lithium.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by dBmV
Solar charger
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 05:37 PM

The batteries are dead. One of mine just did this. What the battery life is showing within the app is actually at the time of the last communication with the server. If it died after that, the server and the app does not know.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 09:55 PM

These seemed like really good camera's when they first came out, but I have decided I don't to much care for them.

They do not run long on alkaline batteries either. It's rough when you put 12 batteries in a camera and it runs for a month or two and stops. I'd be inclined to use their recharable battery and try it out, except that is for the new version camera. If I have to spend $70 bucks for the solar charger, why not just cut my losses and get a better camera?
Posted By: Chiller

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/06/23 11:57 PM

Like I stated above I use external batteries. $20 battery either you can buy a $10 cord or cut 1 from an old computer and wire. $5 plastic ammo can to put battery in and I easily got 5 months
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/07/23 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lockjaw
These seemed like really good camera's when they first came out, but I have decided I don't to much care for them.

They do not run long on alkaline batteries either. It's rough when you put 12 batteries in a camera and it runs for a month or two and stops. I'd be inclined to use their recharable battery and try it out, except that is for the new version camera. If I have to spend $70 bucks for the solar charger, why not just cut my losses and get a better camera?

How many pics in that time frame? I run alkaline and my batteries are good at least 5mos minimum but, there's no bait piles in front of them.
A so-so cell signal is typically the cause of poor battery life.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/07/23 02:58 AM

I’ve got 3 running in Kentucky on the solar panels. Been 2 months and they are still at 100%
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/07/23 01:27 PM

Solar panels are the answer. But not the tactacam brand panels. Mine will run all year if they get a decent amount of sunlight.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/07/23 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gobl4me
Solar panels are the answer. But not the tactacam brand panels. Mine will run all year if they get a decent amount of sunlight.

Exactly right, that is why I suggested to FurFlyin if he was going to buy one to buy the one from Herd360.com
Posted By: Tightline

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 12:20 AM

I use WingHome solar panels on both my Tactacams. Over two years, neither has ever had a battery in them.
Posted By: bojangles808

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 09:37 AM

i got over 4 months with the costco kirkland double AAs. Doesnt get enough sunlight to go solar i think. really happy with this camera
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

How many pics in that time frame? I run alkaline and my batteries are good at least 5mos minimum but, there's no bait piles in front of them.

Yep

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 02:27 PM

[quote=Tightline]I use WingHome solar panels on both my Tactacams.
Posted By: Brian_C

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 03:08 PM

You can look at the last picture sent and it will have the battery life bar at the bottom. The battery status on the app only updates 1 time daily and is not real accurate.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 05:18 PM

My wife called me one day and said her car broke down on the interstate. I asked her if she was out of gas and she said no. So, I load up a gas can and head that way. Got there and she showed me the gauge that SAID she had 21 miles before empty. Car turned over fine so I told her she was out of gas. Again, she tells me it says she has 21 miles to empty and I was wrong. So, I said that I'm putting 3 gallons of gas in her car and I would follow her to the next exit and she better get off and fill it up. Car cranked right up. All that typed to tell you to change your batteries. smile

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/08/23 08:12 PM

I don't know, it varies depending on where I have the camera. Some might only take 100 or so. Others maybe 500. I have gone out and put brand new batteries in it and the thing say it was less than 100%. They don't transmit all the pics they take either. Just like spypoints. If I am paying you $12/mo for cellular and running 6 cameras, I would like to see all my pics. Especially during the rut. They also don't send videos.
Posted By: Tightline

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/09/23 02:51 AM

They have a plan now that does send videos.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/09/23 02:57 AM

I don't know, it varies depending on where I have the camera. Some might only take 100 or so. Others maybe 500. I have gone out and put brand new batteries in it and the thing say it was less than 100%. They don't transmit all the pics they take either. Just like spypoints. If I am paying you $12/mo for cellular and running 6 cameras, I would like to see all my pics. Especially during the rut. They also don't send videos.

On regular alkaline batteries mine will run for several months and take over 1000 pictures. If I put them on a feeder they burn up batteries quicker but they’re taking 3x the picture also.

If your not getting all the pics you’re using the wrong sd card. I have 12 of them and run them 9+ months a year(and have for about 3 years now) and have 0 of the issues you describe.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/09/23 03:31 AM

I run 3 of them all year round over big salt licks. I personally do like the gen 1 over the x though. I have solar panels and have been pleased with them. I have one that has sent 62,843 pics over the past 3 years.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/09/23 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4

On regular alkaline batteries mine will run for several months and take over 1000 pictures. If I put them on a feeder they burn up batteries quicker but they’re taking 3x the picture also.

If your not getting all the pics you’re using the wrong sd card. I have 12 of them and run them 9+ months a year(and have for about 3 years now) and have 0 of the issues you describe.

Mine is on a a greenfield with a feeder that has been full since October. I average deleting about 125pic a day off the camera. I am on my second set of Energizer Alkalines since October and they still say 50%. I have been impressed with the battery life. That being said the camera is in an area with excellent Verizon service so I am sure that plays a big roll.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/09/23 02:01 PM

[quote=Bustinbeards]I r. I personally do like the gen 1 over the x though. I have solar panels and have been pleased with them.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/13/23 08:01 PM

ive changed the batteries exactly once this year since buying the solar panel. it has been awesome

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 03/14/23 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4

They all have scan disk extreme ones, u3 or whatever their specs call for. I have never gotten all my pics on any cellular cam. They also don't send videos.

I have issues all the time. I talked to their rep at BPS saturday and tried 2 of their rechargeable batteries to see if that helped. Went out and installed them and one of the camera's wouldn't detect a signal. Had to pull the sim card out and rub it on my shirt to fix that. It just seems like no matter what I do with them, they run for a while, and then start acting up. They also will show a good signal one day and a bad one the next. I had far less issues out of my spypoint, but it didn't send me all the pics either.

Maybe my lease is some super top secreat alien landing site.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 04/24/23 04:46 AM

They send videos if you do the updates according to the news/tech data on the web page. I updated all of mine, none are activated at the moment. The update doesn't work on the original cam.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 04/25/23 12:26 PM

When in doubt. Change the batteries !
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 04/25/23 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Share some pictures

Quailman does! 😂

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 05/18/23 03:22 PM

I guess I'm opposite of most people, but I prefer the X model. I climb trees to hang my tactacams and being able to connect to the cam to aim it ensures I only climb once lol.
Elk will flat out break off an antenna and bears on occasion so, mine go high.
Posted By: 1984dog

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 05/18/23 03:30 PM

My problem is with the date and time stamp. I can put new batteries in and it will give the correct date and time for about 1 day and after that the camera still works but it gives me a 2/07/2106 date and 6:28 AM time stamp. It does this with lithium AA batteries, alkaline AA batteries and with the rechargeable lithium battery packs. The camera will take pitchers for a month or so - but they all have the same date and time stamp. Anybody else have this issue.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 05/18/23 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1984dog
My problem is with the date and time stamp. I can put new batteries in and it will give the correct date and time for about 1 day and after that the camera still works but it gives me a 2/07/2106 date and 6:28 AM time stamp. It does this with lithium AA batteries, alkaline AA batteries and with the rechargeable lithium battery packs. The camera will take pitchers for a month or so - but they all have the same date and time stamp. Anybody else have this issue.

You have two options to fix this. You can try a hard reset if that doesn't work then you will need to email tatacam for a firmware update. The hard reset did not fix my camera and had to email tatacam support for the firmware update. They will send it to you via email and you place it on a clean SD and card and follow their instructions.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 05/18/23 07:00 PM

Call them, they emailed me a fix for that exact problem. I had to download it to the sd card and then put it in at follow their instructions. It has worked as it should for the past 3-4 months.

Re: Tactacam Reveal X questions.. - 05/20/23 02:19 PM

New batteries fixed my camera. Thought I'd update since this thread was bumped back up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM