Aldeer.com

Well.. How did ya'll do?

Posted By: Skinny

Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:25 AM

Overall, how did this year go for ya'll? Keep it simple. 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.
Why that number?
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:31 AM

Perfect 10!!!
I got plenty of venison for sausage and burger. Also killed the buck I’ve been after for 3 years.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:37 AM

0 had a really nice 11 point and a big 6 on camera. Day and night pictures my timing was wrong or I spooked them while hunting. Just hunted those 2 deer.
Saw several 8’s 6’s spike and does and every other sit or so. I sure hope they survived have not seen either in 2 weeks. I enjoyed the great sunrises and sunsets. Got a few naps in to.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:42 AM

I tagged out with a big six pt, nice 8 pt, and a hammer of a 10 pt.

The wife also tagged out with a 7 pt, 9 pt, and a big wide 8pt.

My son killed a really nice heavy 8 pt. He only got to hunt twice.

All were killed between 2 stands on our little farm.

I also killed 4 does.

Deer were seen in every sit. Sometimes a single deer to as many as 22.
Posted By: Hornhntr

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:46 AM

I killed one for the wall and another really mature 7 point I’ve been after 3 years.
My son bucked out. I took a friends kid to get his first deer which was nice. We saw deer every sit which is also nice. I would give it a 10 but the last buck I was after slipped through this year.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:47 AM

I'd say a 7. Seen a bunch killed a few. Just didn't get one of bigguns I was after. He will be better next year. Paw n law got him one wife didnt
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:49 AM

Should’ve been a 10 but I screwed up on the big one.
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:56 AM

0. Sold the farm 7 months ago. Did not go.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:57 AM

9 and I didn't even kill a buck .
Posted By: Swamp Monkey

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:59 AM

I’m giving a 9 on my score. All though it was exceptional on numbers of deer seen with more buck sightings than does I saw 4 mature bucks that had only 1 good side. The other side was like 4 to 8 inch spike horn. On camera like that during velvet so don’t know what caused it. Hopefully they will survive and recover for next season!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:04 AM

ZERO. I went on the best hunt I've ever been on, in NW MO. Shot one with a Xbow and didn't recover it. I don't think it was a fatal hit. Still have no earthly idea what I would change if I had it to do over again.
Posted By: Huntn2feed5

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:11 AM

10 five deer in the freezer.. kids killed 4 I got 1
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:11 AM

4 ...Just not a lot of daytime movement this year. My best stand I managed one doe and felt like I got lucky! The nieghbors moving in may have screwed that stand. My other good stand was a doe fest with very little buck action. Had bucks on camera early (at night) but when rut started they vaporized which is the exact opposite of a normal year.
Posted By: redgineer

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:17 AM

9, it was the best season of my life. First time ever hunting a low pressure property.
Filled my freezer. Didn't get a wallhanger, but that's not a big deal to me.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:19 AM

10!!!! Great year!! Passed on tons of great bucks!
Posted By: Floorman1

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:28 AM

Saw a few deer, most across property line. The usual club baloney and logging issues.
So needless to say Im on the lookout for a new place already. Did manage to shot a doe
And my son shot a doe, both at a friends place. Freezers full from that and son got a kill
So im happy.
Posted By: Luxfisher

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:29 AM

2 , killed a few but did not have any good deer, tore my acl & mencius 3rd day of season so hunting was limited,. Had surgery wendesday so I'm laid up for a few weeks.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:31 AM

I had a good year just watching them from the porch. I didn't hunt
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:33 AM

10. It’s always a 10 because I get to take the people I love hunting to get an opportunity to kill these infuriating whitetail deer. I’m blessed to be healthy enough to do it.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:33 AM

2 nice bucks, 4 does and 1 coyote all with a crossbow. Also muffed a shot on another nice buck. Great season for me. Very Thankful. I’d rate it a 8.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:54 AM

8 didn’t kill a buck, just one doe. Had a good time going and enjoying sunrises and sunsets.
Posted By: Turkey Petter

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:59 AM

I killed a good six with no brows, a seven, and a nine. It was an enjoyable season.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:01 AM

Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:05 AM

0 and I had a damn good time.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:16 AM

Every season is a great season. It wasn’t my Best but it was very good. I passed a lot of deer that I likely wouldn’t have in years past. I killed the oldest buck I’ve ever killed with my bow. Killed 11 does with my bow. I doubled with my oldest son on Christmas Day with a rifle. I didn’t go after January 5th. Did all my hunting early. I’ll give it a 9.
Posted By: booner

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:22 AM

Made my first outfitted trips. One was a nightmare and the other was good. Second venue was MUCH better than the first and I had a great time there. Didn’t get lucky at either but it was an experience to say the least.

Alabama took a downturn that I hope to rectify this offseason. My fault that I didn’t capitalize on the time that I had to take the oldest and best deer on my property.
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:28 AM

10 across the board. My 7 yr old got his first deer this year and I was able to invite 2 of his little buddies that were able to get their first also. I could not ask for more than that.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:39 AM

Saw way more deer than ever. Didnt kill anything. Pretty good season
Posted By: DoubleShoalsJR

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:48 AM

10. Was fortunate to shoot my best buck opening day. Other than that the hunting wasn’t great but I got to spend some great time with my dad in the woods. It’s turning more in to quality time outdoors with him these days and less about killing a deer.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:49 AM

Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:51 AM

I’ll give it a ten for me. I killed three really good bucks, my youngest killed his first buck, my oldest boy killed two nice bucks and my wife killed a nice one. I couldn’t ask for anything more
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:54 AM

10. Killed two great bucks in Kentucky in early November, then added a late season Bama buck on 2/3. And I didn’t burn out towards the end of the season (tried to pace myself better). Thankful to God for another great hunting season.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:01 AM

10 for sure
Posted By: BradB

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:30 AM

7 for me. Deer sightings were way down from last year and did not see nearly the buck activity as last year.No clue why. I did shoot a couple of bucks with jacked up racks for the freezer
Posted By: johnv

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:34 AM

10 Killed one deer for myself, watched tons of deer and tracked alot
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 05:41 AM

9 here. My son killed an 8, and we both watched tons of deer and had a great time together. We each only released one projectile at deer all season but it put his 8 and a doe for me in our freezers. Oh, I almost forgot, he let the air out of a coyote too. I didn't get the hoss I have on camera, but that just gives us something to look towards for next season.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 06:09 AM

I killed my best deer on camera n Clarke - just a big cull - i think he was 6 year old - my deer n camden disappeared and i hunted way less than ever there - i passed good young 9 n bow and deer disappear shortly after - passed 2 n clarke that were 4 year olds - not hardly any shooters n clarke - not sure where all last years shooters went - may b dead 😀

Felt like a 6
Posted By: Holcomb

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 07:41 AM

1st time in over 25 years that I didn't go. Just never could muster up the want to this year. Gonna start soon putting in some work towards next year. Hopefully when the time comes around, I will have got my want to back.
Posted By: Scout308

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 07:57 AM

0 I didn't get to go this year. Maybe next year.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 11:23 AM

9 and all I shot was a doe hell didn’t even see a buck worth lifting the gun up for. But I bought a new place that is slowly coming together and had a lot of good times and camaraderie. That’s a good season in my book.

How about u Skinny? Do you even actually hunt? 😂
Posted By: Wapiti55

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 11:47 AM

I’d say 7.5.
Saw more than I believe I ever have. Killed an 8 that’s being mounted. Passed on several including a big six that was outside the ears. Had one try to run over me while I was sitting on the ground. Learned a ton about the the two areas I hunt the most. I’m excited for the possibilities for next year.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 12:14 PM

5. Struggled to get on deer early but ended up with a nice 8 point. Son got blanked. Let a 6 point walk only to have another member kill him a couple weeks later. That member tagged out on 6 points….
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:19 PM

9, had a tough start with bow derailing after a shot and missing another decent one.

Ended up limiting out on bucks around thanksgiving, all within about 1 week. Shot my 1st and 3rd best within 3 days of eachother.
Posted By: globe

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 01:55 PM

7 for me, could have killed a lot of deer but didn’t get the big ones this year for one reason or another. Should Be some whoppers next year.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:02 PM

8. Saw a decent amount of deer on the ponderosa, just couldn't get my boys motivated to go hunting for the last 3 weeks. Killed one doe with my flintlock on public land.
Posted By: Mhkodiak

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 02:03 PM

7. I learned a lot as I do every year. Chased two all year didn’t catch up with them. Shot some hogs, a coyote and a bobcat. Son bucked out. Got some that ought to be big ones next year. .
Posted By: jono23

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:19 PM

As far as actual hunting, probably a 3. I struggled to find the deer this year, and when I did I missed twice. Got my rifle fixed and was able to get one for the freezer, but that was about it.

Still love it and still learned a lot. Already ready for next year. Going to work on the land I hunt some and go shoot some squirrels, and give turkeys a shot for the first time.
Posted By: Jmfire722

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:34 PM

Mine was a 3. We collectively had a bad year at the club. Deer sightings were down among all members of our club. I saw one shooter all year, saw a ton of messed up racks (3-4 on one side and a spike on the other).
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 03:52 PM

10 just because I like hunting.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:06 PM

Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:14 PM

A solid 10. Made memories at camp and my new lease was awesome.
Posted By: sloughfoot

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:36 PM

10… I killed a decent 10 and a really nice mature 8 that was my target deer. One of my boys also killed his first one. I had almost quit going, but got back into it this year and I really enjoyed it.
Posted By: CatfishJunkie

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:37 PM

Always a 10 just getting to get out and enjoy God's creation. My son and myself both shot bucks that are being mounted and he also killed 2 does. Our deer sightings were way above average with alot of young bucks seen constantly throughout the season. Most deer seen at one time, in a single field was 26. Never went and did not see deer.
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:37 PM

I'll give it a 9, I killed a couple does, and 2 good 7ptrs. My brother in law got a 9pt, my buddy killed a mature 4pt, as weird as that sounds. And my 7 year old nephew got his 1st deer, a spike!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:42 PM

A 10 for sure. I hunted with my kids, hunted with some great friends, and killed the buck I was after.
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 04:46 PM

I’d give it a 10.
Had a blast with my son all season. Watched him get a stud 9pt and added 2 more does for the freezer. Saw a bunch of deer and a lot of bucks that will good ones next year. Had a great buck elude is all year and can’t wait to see what he turns into.
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 05:49 PM

4 for me. It would've been a lower score if just for deer sightings and deer killed, bit my first year having a lease was a big blessing. I've got some ideas for next season that I think will totally flip the deer sightings the other way.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 06:13 PM

I would say a 10. Only hunted about 10 times and killed 2 good 8pts and a doe with my bow. My son killed 2 good bucks. We stopped at two bucks a piece. Saw a lot of good young bucks for the future. I've learned to bow hunt and then stop till the seek phase of the rut starts and then start back. Keeps pressure down and keeps me more focused.
Posted By: Antelope08

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 06:22 PM

I'd say 9 for me....
Got to hunt a few more days this year than last and killed two good 8 pts and a really good 9 point in early December. The last two weeks of the season for me was the toughest, I think I saw 2 deer in about 3 weeks, full moon and warm temps kind of shut them down where I hunted in AL. I was able to hunt with my wife one time this year and she harvested a "trophy spike" her first buck and she was very happy......I was hoping to hunt more during the rut and did get some mid day hunts in during the full moon, but still didn't see any deer....
Posted By: quailman

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 06:23 PM

10. Freezer's full.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 06:46 PM

I’d give it a 10, made it through the season healthy enough to hunt to the last day.

Killed my archery target buck on 10/18 on the second sit and then took time off until youth weekend. Target buck eluded us all season, and it was a grind trying to get the boys on him. Had daylight pic of him on 2/9, so hopefully he makes it to next year and we get to compete again. Passed some nice bucks, saw plenty of deer and brought 3 home for the freezer. Hunted with good friends and really enjoyed my time with our club members as well.

Ended on a high note as I got to be part of 2 first deer on 2/9 and 2/10 for some first time hunters.

Praying we’re all healthy enough to do it again next year.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 07:22 PM

0. First time in 40yrs I didn’t kill a deer but I only went twice and saw the same yearling in two different areas. Wasn’t feeling it this year and I hope that changes next year.
Posted By: EmeraldTides

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 07:33 PM

7. Got plenty of deer in the freezer and I got one good buck, but couldn't find my target bucks at all. My brother and grandpa got their first bucks (small ones). Saw plenty of deer, just not all the right ones.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 11:40 PM

I’ll give it a 9 as well. Had some really good duck hunts, really good camp fires, made new friends and memories. I killed my self imposed limit of 2 bucks on my lease, and a bonus buck in a work trip. Killed a few does with my bow as well.

My wife got a mature buck, which was her first buck in 14-15 years. Had some fun hunts with my daughter sitting with me, including 1 buck kill and a bobcat.

Bucks were more scarce this year than years past, had to work harder to get in them.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/11/23 11:56 PM

First season in 42 years I didn't put one to sleep. Health problems and piss poor shooting.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 12:14 AM

6 - learned a lot, saw deers on my cameras, gained some knowledge for next season, didn't put a hole in one
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Skinny
Overall, how did this year go for ya'll? Keep it simple. 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.
Why that number?

If for no other reason other than God allowed me to live, to go hunt, and enjoy being out in His creation.

On top of that I killed two really nice 8 point bucks, and a 127 lb. 6 year old doe.

Had a good year and was blessed to enjoy every time I got to go.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 12:27 AM

10 for me.

Good Lord let me have a safe and fun season. I killed a big 8 with the bow, an old swamp 6 with the gun, a couple of hogs, and a pile of ducks the few times I went. My wife killed her first deer on her only hunt which was a funky racked 6. A lot of good times and memories made!
Posted By: brett.smith

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 12:50 AM

10 for me. Got meat in the freezer and one getting mounted.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 03:00 AM

10 for me

My son-in-law came in from Oklahoma for the first week of our 11 day firearms season. We hunted out of my shooting house the first afternoon, got in the shooting at 1:30. 1:35 he shot his first deer ever, a 10 point that was running a doe. He also shot two doe's while he was here. Took my sons girlfriend and she shot a 9 point. I had to run anhydrous tanks for my brother-in-law the rest of the firearms season. I got done running the last anhydrous tanks around 3 pm the last day of the firearms season. Rushed home got changed, got to my spot behind the house at 3:45. Shot a 17" inside spread 7 point at 5:05 that was with 3 doe's. One hour and 20 minutes was all I hunted by myself this season. Never went bow hunting all season, didn't have the time.
Posted By: blade

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 03:17 AM

8, killed a nice 8 with muzzleloader, shot some hogs, a dall sheep, took a kid that killed his first two deer, and made it thru another year. Would’ve called it a 10, but the best part of the season was kinda a bust. Was supposed to have my clear cut machine planted in a few days, two weeks later still had to plant majority by hand, railroad was removing track etc as well, so a lot of activity during the rut. But all in all a good season.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 04:12 AM

9+

If I ever have a 10, then I have nothing left to look for.

My 2 best whitetails ever, both in Texas, both redonkulous racks, one South Texas 7.5 year old, one Post Oak Plateau 8.5 years old.

Best Alabama buck ever, plus a nice 6 point.

Red stag in Texas

2 wild hogs

Lots of time with my friends. This was the best part. 3 Texas trips totaling 23 days, hunting with 20+ of my friends, time in Alabama with about the same number.

And another bonus - Turkey season is about to start in GA, and I have folks coming from at least 3 states to kill turkeys on my place.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 10:03 PM

Got to go to Ohio saw a big deer, shot a dink, I hunted in Votaw Texas on family land I had never been I’ll to saw a few deer, I hunted a small parcel in Tennessee saw a bunch of does. I missed a big deer with my bow on my Granddads place. Killed a deer on Wheeler in bow season. Great Season.
Posted By: aucivil

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 10:13 PM

0 deer on the ground and if it weren't for the neighbors dogs, I'd still give it a 10.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/12/23 11:05 PM

It’s was a good one so I’ll say 9.5

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Would of definitely been a 10 if I could of gotten this one but maybe next year he visits more often, only had a couple pictures of him the past couple years. I just can’t seem to figure this one out. I know he doesn’t stayed on us like he did 4 years ago but maybe next year he’ll mess up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Well.. How did ya'll do? - 02/13/23 01:30 AM

I usually shoot a few, but never pulled the trigger this season, But it was a great season! I hunted a good bit with my son, he shot his first deer (a 7 point). Then my buddies son shot his first buck while hunting with me. I saw a bunch of young bucks, a few will be real good if they made it. Unfortunately, I Just didn’t run up on the one I was hunting. As a giant life positive I got my schedule back right and have much more time to be with family and to hunt, which is my real win overall.

Congratulations to you fellas on this year’s batch of wallpaper!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM