Aldeer.com

Planting?

Posted By: TDog93

Planting? - 08/05/22 01:53 AM

What you guys planting and when? I love planting - prob do late sept to 1st few weeks of October depending on rain and my time

I have 2 very small fields (1 is 65 yard long by 20-22 yards and other 30 yards wide and 85 yards long). Have one decent size field

I hav small amounts of crimson clover, frosty burseem and fixation left over from last year along w WMS barrasica from last year - I just bought 10 pounds of Hancock killer clover and plan to buy 50 pounds magnet or Bama blend when it ready - prob go w magnet - May go w triple 13 - hav not decided the amount or fertilizer type for sure

What fertilizer wil U guys use? We still several weeks from planting - but I ready. Will spray fields soon. Tried planting chufa for one of the first times few months back w sucky results - will plow over
Posted By: blahblahblah

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 03:29 AM

Planning on going the co op seed and fertilizer route. Will probably go with triple 19 at planting if buggies are available.
Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 04:24 AM

Fertilizer im almost
completely foliar nowadays. It’s works and it’s a labor saver.

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 04:53 AM

I have really had good luck with Clark's Alabama Liquid Fertilizer once the plants grow some. They are out of Elba.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by blahblahblah
I have really had good luck with Clark's Alabama Liquid Fertilizer once the plants grow some. They are out of Elba.

How are you applying it?

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 09:02 AM

Foliar. I have not used it extensively on food plots, most of my experience was on Bermuda.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 01:20 PM

Triple 17 or 24-8-12
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 09:53 PM

I will plant mid september ahead of rain. I have to get skid steer guy out to clear some of the places we want to plant from the cutting they just finished and then spread some lime. I have clover already, 35 pounds of Durana, and I think 12 of WTI. I will plant a clover/cereal blend from Universal and get their brassica mix and maybe a clover mix as well.

I use urea and 18-46-0.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Planting? - 08/05/22 10:05 PM

First weekend of October always has done us well…if you plant in September, you may get caught in a dry spell and lose it all.

North Bama we do a coop blend with fertilizer.

South Bama/Clarke co we just plant the regular now but will go back to wms deer magnet when I get back to Bama…our deer and turkeys loved that stuff.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM